Rand Paul to run for President in 2016

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Take this with a grain of salt, but Eric Bolling from Fox News tweeted this earlier.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT! Source: "Rand Paul will run for President in 2016"

https://twitter.com/ericbolling/status/289792921677484033

I doubt Rand has made an official decision this early, considering anything could happen in the mean time. Regardless, he's certainly setting the stage for a run.

Sen. Rand Paul doesn’t explicitly deny that his eight-day visit to the Holy Land represents the launch of a 2016 Republican presidential nomination run, describing the trip as “more an effort to become part of an international stage.”

But at least some of the 40 evangelical Protestant leaders traveling with Mr. Paul think otherwise.

“This trip to meet with Israelis, Arabs and Palestinians is absolutely the first step in his 2016 White House campaign,” said David Lane, evangelical political organizer and president of the Los Angeles-based Pastors and Pews.

Paul's Mideast trip stirs talk of 2016 run - Washington Times

He'd also, presumably, be running for re-election in the Senate as well, however, and that seems like a lot of work.

I'm sorry but we're currently enduring amateur hour. Lets see what he actually does in his next term before we jump on some silly bandwagonm

I'll vote for him. It will be the first time I've voted Republican for president since 2000.

Way to early to be discussing who is going to run for President next time around.
Obama has not even been inaugurated yet and we are discussing candidates for 2016.
Give it a Rest

I'm sorry but we're currently enduring amateur hour. Lets see what he actually does in his next term before we jump on some silly bandwagonm

Not jumping on a bandwagon. Right now I wouldn't vote for Rand.

Don't get me wrong. I like what I hear but lip service isn't cutting it anymore. Plus I'm unsure of how I feel about his "shut the govt down" position. I'm tired of our economy taking hits because of politicians.

Way to early to be discussing who is going to run for President next time around.
Obama has not even been inaugurated yet and we are discussing candidates for 2016.
Give it a Rest

This is a politics message board. If you don't want people to discuss future elections then you might be in the wrong place.

Don't get me wrong. I like what I hear but lip service isn't cutting it anymore. Plus I'm unsure of how I feel about his "shut the govt down" position. I'm tired of our economy taking hits because of politicians.

I haven't heard Rand say he wants to shut the government down, but I've heard other people say Rand wants to shut the government down. As for me, I don't like the fact that he voted for sanctions against Iran.

I haven't heard Rand say he wants to shut the government down, but I've heard other people say Rand wants to shut the government down. As for me, I don't like the fact that he voted for sanctions against Iran.

He said it. I heard the interview. He did set parimeters but it still concerns me.

Give it a Rest

This is a politics message board. If you don't want people to discuss future elections then you might be in the wrong place.

I realize that but I can't see 4 years of Hillary Vs Rand discussions

He said it. I heard the interview. He did set parimeters but it still concerns me.

We'll need the context.

Forum List

Back