Rand Paul Plagiarized Wikipedia in Speech

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

You can't just lift whole sections of another work verbatim and claim it as your own.

Gawd.

Did he claim it as his own? The last time I checked with the APA citations are not included in the actual speech, just in written works.

With all the shit storms going on in this country right now, this is what Rachel Maddow is concerned about and as sure as the sun would rise, the Obamabots marched off with her orders to spread the news.

With all the shit storms going on in this country right now, this is what Rachel Maddow is concerned about and as sure as the sun would rise, the Obamabots marched off with her orders to spread the news.

If she talks about this she doesn't have to talk about the disaster that is Obamacare.

More plaigerism. lol Paul. Seems this has happened more than once.

Another speech he gave was found, where he lifted whole segments from Wiki word for word - for another movie: Stand and Deliver.

Rand Paul Has Given Speeches Plagiarized From Wikipedia Before

As I said earlier, he's going to have to answer for this; the non-response is not going to cut it. Or paste it.

His hometown paper:
http://www.courier-journal.com/arti.../Rand-Paul-mum-after-being-accused-plagiarism

Paul’s office didn’t respond to emails seeking comment about the speeches, or whether Paul wrote them himself.But political scientists say that how Paul handles the issue could determine whether the allegations impact his potential plans for a 2016 presidential bid.

Stephen Voss, a political science professor at the University of Kentucky, said that if the error was made by a staff member, he should simply say that and then say he is keeping the staff member on and using the incident “as a teaching moment.”

“If Paul wrote the speech himself, it becomes a little bit trickier,” Voss said.Paul’s office didn’t respond to emails seeking comment about the speeches, or whether Paul wrote them himself.But political scientists say that how Paul handles the issue could determine whether the allegations impact his potential plans for a 2016 presidential bid.

Stephen Voss, a political science professor at the University of Kentucky, said that if the error was made by a staff member, he should simply say that and then say he is keeping the staff member on and using the incident “as a teaching moment.”

“If Paul wrote the speech himself, it becomes a little bit trickier,” Voss said.
His new nickname might just be Cut & Paste Paul.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

You can't just lift whole sections of another work verbatim and claim it as your own.

Gawd.

Did he claim it was his own? Like did he say it was his own... Be very careful, you might make yourself look even stupider than you already have.
Yes. He DIDN'T cite it. Unless you cite it, you claim it as your own.

This has been discussed. All he had to do was say..according to Wiki.

Instead he lifted whole sections verbatim, Lazy and ethically wrong.

(Whoever made the claim earlier this was a chargeable offense is nutso.)

It was wrong. He'll have to answer for this. In the whole scheme, no big whoop, but he WILL need to comment further. It's going to come up.

Wanna bet it will?

He's a Republicans..and Republicans only answer to god.

:doubt:

Damn what does that that Rand Paul junior United States Senator for Kentucky, member of the Republican Party, and the son of former U.S. Representative and presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas think he is doing using the same words anyone else does.

Last edited:
damn that Rand Paul junior United States Senator for Kentucky, member of the Republican Party, and the son of former U.S. Representative and presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas think he is using the same words anyone else does.

Everyone else is talking about Gattaca?

The film was a flop.

Rachel Maddow: Rand Paul ripped off Wikipedia - POLITICO.com

Rand Paul uses Wikipedia for eugenics speech

Rand Paul Plagiarized Speech From Wikipedia, Rachel Maddow Says

Yes, of course it was Paul who plagiarized Wikipedia's content. I just thought I'd save the rw's having to make up a lie to hide behind.

And, this is isn't the first time he's done it. But hey, its Rand Paul and we've come to expect lies from him. This makes him the perfect rw candidate for damn near anything.

Let the rw excuses, twisting and lying begin. :lol:

Yes, of course it was Paul who plagiarized Wikipedia's content. I just thought I'd save the rw's having to make up a lie to hide behind.

And, this is isn't the first time he's done it. But hey, its Rand Paul and we've come to expect lies from him. This makes him the perfect rw candidate for damn near anything.

How do you know Rand Paul didn't write those pieces in Wiki?

I've got a few in Wiki myself.

You?

Idiot

How do you know Rand Paul didn't write those pieces in Wiki?

I've got a few in Wiki myself.

You?

Idiot

You dupes never disappoint.

:lol: :cuckoo: :lol:

Next?

Rand's speech writer is responsible .. Rand just read them from the teleprompter.

Naw.

Only President Obama uses a teleprompter.

(**wink**wink**)

If a Dem had plagerized from Wikipedia or quoted from it and identified the source of the quote, there would be no end to screeching about Wikipedia not being credible.

Since its a teepotty, he wrote it himself and its perfectly credible.

Which is all just another way of saying the human pretzels on the right are INcredible.

Rand's speech writer is responsible .. Rand just read them from the teleprompter.

Naw.

Only President Obama uses a teleprompter.

(**wink**wink**)

If a Dem had plagerized from Wikipedia or quoted from it and identified the source of the quote, there would be no end to screeching about Wikipedia not being credible.

Since its a teepotty, he wrote it himself and its perfectly credible.

Which is all just another way of saying the human pretzels on the right are INcredible.

Wiki being credible?? On the key points of a MOVIE PLOT?? Shouldn't you be watching Sebelius lie her ass off to Congress right now?

Forum List

Back