Rand Paul Now Optimistic That Trumps R&R Obamacare Bill Will Pass

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Maybe Trump explained to him how reconciliation bills work and why that means that there will be no second shot at R&R till 20 19 if this bill does not pass?

Rand Paul ‘Very Optimistic’ About Repealing Obamacare After Golfing with Trump - Breitbart

“We had a great day with the president. Played some golf, and we talked and we talked about a little bit of health care,” Paul told reporters after the game. “I continue to be very optimistic that we are getting closer and closer to an agreement on repealing Obamacare.”...

Earlier in the week, Paul met with journalist Matt Drudge of the Drudge Report to discuss the future of the country.

“Intriguing lunch in hill office of America’s best senator, Rand Paul,” Drudge wrote afterwards on Twitter. “He’s bold, brave and has somehow kept his heart in such a corrupt city.”​

As 4 states are going to expand Medicaid, and more to follow.

Drudge and Rand Paul, figures the 2 of them talk. Both disgusting. Discussing the future of the country, not this one I hope.

Well as Baby Boomers move into retirement age, more medical costs will escalate and there will be a need to states to have some source of funds to handle all this new medical cost.

Floriduh is going to have huge cost increases.

Well as Baby Boomers move into retirement age, more medical costs will escalate and there will be a need to states to have some source of funds to handle all this new medical cost.

For retirees, Medicare comes to mind. Medicare is unaffected by anything done to Medicaid.

There has to be Replace along with Repeal, and the final result will not be much different than ACA.

Medicare is not a entitlement, and Baby Boomers have been retiring for awhile.

I know that, so why do you seem to think otherwise?

There are still more Baby Boomers to come as that generation ended in 1964, and there are still millions more till they are all eligible for full retirement under SS in 2029.

I know that, so why do you seem to think otherwise?

There are still more Baby Boomers to come as that generation ended in 1964, and there are still millions more till they are all eligible for full retirement under SS in 2029.
Millennials overtake Baby Boomers as America’s largest generation

We will now have lots more people paying in to Medicare, since Trump is going to bring manufacturing back and high paying jobs. Coal to boot. Since he has pretty much destroyed the EPA funding, we can be sure to have much more illness from pollution in the future. FDA, who needs them, we can eat HFCS and pesticides , who cares. We are very unhealthy , fat, fat, fat, well not me, but fat kids and adults.

We will now have lots more people paying in to Medicare, since Trump is going to bring manufacturing back and high paying jobs. Coal to boot. Since he has pretty much destroyed the EPA funding, we can be sure to have much more illness from pollution in the future. FDA, who needs them, we can eat HFCS and pesticides , who cares. We are very unhealthy , fat, fat, fat, well not me, but fat kids and adults.
1. I am in agreement with you that there is going to be more strain on our medical system, so I am not sure why I feel like you are picking an argument with me. lol

2. 'Miracle' medicines are going to make all this shit a thing of the past within twenty years, promise.

Pence presents new healthcare offer to Freedom Caucus

House leadership has not taken a hands-on approach so far to the revived negotiations, and as recently as a week ago was essentially saying the bill was dead.

There is also the question of how moderates would respond to the proposal. Centrists previously objected to adding repeal of the essential health benefits to the bill.

Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), a member of the centrist Tuesday Group, argued that giving states the choice, and making them meet certain standards in putting together a waiver application, could allay centrist concerns.

White House officials met with a group of centrists, as well as House Energy and Commerce Chairman Greg Walden (R-Ore.) earlier in the day.

It's unclear whether the changes would pass muster under Senate rules governing a filibuster.

Meadows indicated that officials are checking to at least make sure that the changes would not be "fatal" to the entire bill under the rules, though it is still possible the provisions would end up being struck out in the Senate.

While Meadows emphasized that the ban on denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions would not be repealed, Democratic health experts point out that allowing insurers to charge sick people higher rates could effectively put coverage out of reach.​

Forum List

Back