Rand Paul endorsed Romney tonight

Holy shit are you guys pussies.

Rand endorsed the next President over the failed incumbent because the failed incumbent is such a dangerous pantload piece of crap.

And you guys are wetting yourselves over it.

No surprise there. I've said all along Rand is more of a "team player" than his father is.

Thank you Rand.

Now let's get to work and crush this evil man in the White House. You just threw down. I'm with you all the way.

I am stunned. He just lost the liberty movement forever. I wonder what he was promised.

Are you suggesting that the only ones fighting for liberty are those who supported Ron Paul? You don't see any way someone supporting liberty could vote for Romney?
I tired of voting for the "lesser of two evils". That's what Romney is to me.

And that's the reason we're in this mess to begin with voting for the person who's the lesser evil won't work because the guy is still evil

I am stunned. He just lost the liberty movement forever. I wonder what he was promised.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me. Never trusted him much.

I think you're both putting too much importance on this.

I don't think it's terribly important. But I do find it disappointing, if not surprising. Most especially, I find Rand's willingness to, or even his presumption that he can, 'deliver' a significant portion of his father's support to the Romney campaign offensive. A quick scan of the Ron Paul forums shows otherwise, though it is likely he'll be able to peel away some less dedicated Ron Paul supporters - and much of the Tea Party movement.

EDIT: Even a Ron Paul endorsement of Romney would fail to convert much of the RP Revolution to Romney voters. Contrary to the claims of detractors, it's not a cult of personality. It's a genuine movement for honesty and change in politics. Ron Paul has enjoyed their support so far because he's the one of the few willing to make the case on the national stage. But that support is not unconditional.

Last edited:
Wow. Bad week for the k00ks on both sides.
First Walker wins re-election, despite an unprecedented effort. left wing k00ks wet themselves trying to explain that it really didnt happen.
Now Rand Paul, crown prince of the narco libtard movement, endorses his party's obvious nominee and the narco k00ks are wetting themselves to show Rand is a sellout and evil.

I couldn't script this one any better.

Well no, his voting record is very good so far. If Rand and Ron were put in Mitt's cabinet somewhere useful I could see myself voting for Mitt. However at this point I see this as a big sellout for a future run as President for Rand. If Rand wants to do this then he might lose his base o support, but I think everyone understands that taking the hard road (solo) gets you only so far as can be seen with Rands father Ron.

Rand or Ron as VP is meaningless.
At this stage of the game, it's going to take a little more than just this for me to not vote for a Rand Paul for president in the future.

I suppose I agree. But he's just never impressed me. He's far too willing to pander and play the game. There are those who'll insist that this is the only way to gain power. I don't agree, but if it's true - all they're really saying is there's no hope for real leadership. Either way, we're screwed.

It doesn't have to be about power though. What good is the liberty movement if it's always getting shut out by the establishment when it really counts? At some point someone has to infiltrate, and if that means doing a little pandering to get ahead I'm ok with it, as long as that's all it is.

At this stage of the game, it's going to take a little more than just this for me to not vote for a Rand Paul for president in the future.

I suppose I agree. But he's just never impressed me. He's far too willing to pander and play the game. There are those who'll insist that this is the only way to gain power. I don't agree, but if it's true - all they're really saying is there's no hope for real leadership. Either way, we're screwed.

It doesn't have to be about power though. What good is the liberty movement if it's always getting shut out by the establishment when it really counts? At some point someone has to infiltrate, and if that means doing a little pandering to get ahead I'm ok with it, as long as that's all it is.

And here we see reality intrude on the k00ks. In order to have an effect you have to be in the game. Ron Paul is not in the game. Rand Paul is.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me. Never trusted him much.

I think you're both putting too much importance on this.

I don't think it's terribly important. But I do find it disappointing, if not surprising. Most especially, I find Rand's willingness to, or even his presumption that he can, 'deliver' a significant portion of his father's support to the Romney campaign offensive. A quick scan of the Ron Paul forums shows otherwise, though it is likely he'll be able to peel away some less dedicated Ron Paul supporters - and much of the Tea Party movement.

EDIT: Even a Ron Paul endorsement of Romney would fail to convert much of the RP Revolution to Romney voters. Contrary to the claims of detractors, it's not a cult of personality. It's a genuine movement for honesty and change in politics. Ron Paul has enjoyed their support so far because he's the one of the few willing to make the case on the national stage. But that support is not unconditional.
It's really only speculation at this point, that this is about "delivering" anything.

It may just be that he's telling the establishment what they want to hear.

They've used us long enough. Maybe he's using them as well. Fuck, SOMEONE needs to.

He endorsed Romney weeks ago.
Strange that he will not even campaign ofr nor endorse his own father....
I recall Ron Paul coming to KY campaining for Rand...

He did endorse and campaigned for his father.

He hid it awfully well if he did.

No he didn't. He spoke at MANY Ron Paul rallies around the country. The first time I ever heard him speak was in 2007 at the first Ron Paul rally I went to. I had only just started following Ron and didn't even know of Rand yet.

You'll have to excuse him if he got elected Senator and realized he had a more important job to do than run around the country stumping.

You're impossibly to please sometimes. And some of us know you well enough to know you've hated Rand for years because he beat your boy Grayson in 2010.

Last edited:
It's really only speculation at this point, that this is about "delivering" anything.

It may just be that he's telling the establishment what they want to hear.

They've used us long enough. Maybe he's using them as well. Fuck, SOMEONE needs to.

Yeah... sorry, but that's the excuse every single politician uses. Ron Paul didn't, which is what made him different. Whatever his leanings, Rand Paul is a politician first, a libertarian second - if at all.

Forum List

Back