Rand Paul endorsed Romney tonight

He endorsed Romney weeks ago.
Strange that he will not even campaign ofr nor endorse his own father....
I recall Ron Paul coming to KY campaining for Rand...

Well I doubt I'll ever be supporting Rand it seems. I always said he needed time before I'd really get behind him, and this is why.

Why on earth is it shocking that he isnt campaigning for his father. His father has no chance of winning anymore. Romney is the nominee. He's a Republican. Why wouldn't he endorse Romney?

I have mixed feelings. On one hand you can look at it like a slap in the face, and on the other you have to at least understand that to really be able to challenge the establishment you've got to be able to get at least somewhat inside it first.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand you can look at it like a slap in the face, and on the other you have to at least understand that to really be able to challenge the establishment you've got to be able to get at least somewhat inside it first.

Umm he is inside it.

He is a republican sellout, not the Tea Party type he professed to be.
You Tea Party and Libertarians should feel used.

Umm he is inside it.

You know nothing of which you speak. There's no one else in the Senate that's even comparable to Paul. He's not his father, but he's done things no one else has had the will to do.

The only other thing the man has done during his term that I've disagreed with was vote for the Iran sanctions. Otherwise he's done an excellent job for one man out of 100.

Umm he is inside it.

Well no, his voting record is very good so far. If Rand and Ron were put in Mitt's cabinet somewhere useful I could see myself voting for Mitt. However at this point I see this as a big sellout for a future run as President for Rand. If Rand wants to do this then he might lose his base o support, but I think everyone understands that taking the hard road (solo) gets you only so far as can be seen with Rands father Ron.

Rand or Ron as VP is meaningless.

Last edited:

Umm he is inside it.

Well no, his voting record is very good so far. If Rand and Ron were put in Mitt's cabinet somewhere useful I could see myself voting for Mitt. However at this point I see this as a big sellout for a future run as President for Rand. If Rand wants to do this then he might lose his base o support, but I think everyone understands that taking the hard road (solo) gets you only so far as can be seen with Rands father Ron.

At this stage of the game, it's going to take a little more than just this for me to not vote for a Rand Paul for president in the future.

I just reviewed Rands voting record and yes he has voted pretty well.
However he voted about opposite of everything I think mItt would support.
So yes he sold out.

Last edited:
Umm he is inside it.

At this stage of the game, it's going to take a little more than just this for me to not vote for a Rand Paul for president in the future.

I suppose I agree. But he's just never impressed me. He's far too willing to pander and play the game. There are those who'll insist that this is the only way to gain power. I don't agree, but if it's true - all they're really saying is there's no hope for real leadership. Either way, we're screwed.

I am stunned. He just lost the liberty movement forever. I wonder what he was promised.

Are you suggesting that the only ones fighting for liberty are those who supported Ron Paul? You don't see any way someone supporting liberty could vote for Romney?

I am stunned. He just lost the liberty movement forever. I wonder what he was promised.

Are you suggesting that the only ones fighting for liberty are those who supported Ron Paul? You don't see any way someone supporting liberty could vote for Romney?
I'm tired of voting for the "lesser of two evils". That's what Romney is to me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back