Ramadam a Ding Dong

How is that different then anyone who comes to the US from any other culture? There are a lot of cultures in the world that tolerate spousal abuse. And BTW, the implication that most Muslims beat their wives is crap.

Im not saying every Muslim. Im saying the radical ones. And if you don't believe they get into this country also I suggest you turn your sleep day into 8 hours or so rather than 23 hours a day.

Can you show me where I said anything remotely like this?

Why do I have to waste my time arguing things I never said? I do that enough with liberals.

Do you see any potential problems with the Muslim Brotherhood?

You keep telling us muslims have constitutional rights....Answer the question. Do muslims have the constitutional right to beat their wives?

Do you have a Constitutional right to beat your spouse?

We are all held to the same laws.

Muslims believe they have the right to beat their wives. Perhaps you should tell them that we are all held to the same laws in the USA. A lot of them can't seem to grasp that concept and a lot of those on the left defend that.

Who has defended wife beating? You're mastering stupid liberal arguing, that's for sure.

Can they beat their wives?

No

Well, can they? Can they beat their wives?

No

So you're saying they can? You're defending that?

No, they can't

What about no, they can't, is unclear to you exactly?

Im not saying every Muslim. Im saying the radical ones. And if you don't believe they get into this country also I suggest you turn your sleep day into 8 hours or so rather than 23 hours a day.

Why do I have to waste my time arguing things I never said? I do that enough with liberals.

Yes. And I have a question for you. In what possible way does your question have to do with anything I've said?

Yes. And I have a question for you. In what possible way does your question have to do with anything I've said?

The Quran states that muslim men can beat their wives. My argument is directed at those who keep telling us muslims have a constitutional right to practice their religion. Part of their religion is wife beating, and that is not a constitutional right.

That's my point.

Here is a verse from the quran about wife beating.

Pickthall translation: Quran sura 4.34
Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.

Last edited:
Do you have a Constitutional right to beat your spouse?

We are all held to the same laws.

Muslims believe they have the right to beat their wives. Perhaps you should tell them that we are all held to the same laws in the USA. A lot of them can't seem to grasp that concept and a lot of those on the left defend that.

Who has defended wife beating? You're mastering stupid liberal arguing, that's for sure.

No

No

No, they can't

No they can't. As long as they go by our laws. Just remember to many Muslims their laws aren't the constitution it is their faith. And when they come here they bring their faith to live by.

The Quran states that muslim men can beat their wives. My argument is directed at those who keep telling us muslims have a constitutional right to practice their religion. Part of their religion is wife beating, and that is not a constitutional right.

That's my point.

And we've all said the same thing in reply. That's a legal issue. I pointed out to you before that no one is arguing that Christians can violate the Constitution in practicing their religion. What is the relevance of your keeping repeating it when everyone has told you no, they can't.

But OK, let's go deeper into the obvious. People are free to practice religion .. personally. When you beat someone, anyone, then you are infringing on their rights. No one is saying that religion gives you the right to infringe on other people's rights. Only you can't infringe on their right to practice their own religion. I mean duh.

Exactly. This is where the ignorant miss it. Muslims respect Islamic law more than our constitutional law.

That's my point.

And we've all said the same thing in reply. That's a legal issue. I pointed out to you before that no one is arguing that Christians can violate the Constitution in practicing their religion. What is the relevance of your keeping repeating it when everyone has told you no, they can't.

But OK, let's go deeper into the obvious. People are free to practice religion .. personally. When you beat someone, anyone, then you are infringing on their rights. No one is saying that religion gives you the right to infringe on other people's rights. Only you can't infringe on their right to practice their own religion. I mean duh.

Does Islam respect my constitutional right to religious freedom?

No

No

No, they can't

No they can't. As long as they go by our laws. Just remember to many Muslims their laws aren't the constitution it is their faith. And when they come here they bring their faith to live by.

I don't have to "remember" anything I never forgot. And again ... how is that different then anyone else or any other religion who come to this country?

If a Christian decides to violate the law to do what they are required to do as a Christian, they may feel they are justified in God's eyes, but they will be held accountable in this life. And no one is arguing otherwise. So why do YOU keep arguing otherwise for Muslims? Why would they be held to a different standard than anyone else? Why do we have to defend that which isn't in question other then you pulling out of your ... ear ... and deciding it's an issue and no answer is good enough?

That's my point.

Does Islam respect my constitutional right to religious freedom?

I don't care if they do or not. Like anyone else, if they come to the US they will be held to the legal standard anyone else is.

You keep telling us muslims have constitutional rights....Answer the question. Do muslims have the constitutional right to beat their wives?
It's an erroneous question; there IS no constitutional right to beat a wife.

No one is arguing that Christians in freely practicing their religion have the right to ignore other parts of the Constitution. There's no cleverness in Buford's question like he seems to think there is. There's a lot of stupid people out there. If a Muslim beats their wife in the US, they are subject to the laws just like anyone else.

Anyway, you already addressed it, you pointed out these questions are legal and not religious matters. No matter how many ways Buford wants to ask the same question, the answer is the same.
Indeed.

No

No

No, they can't

I don't have to "remember" anything I never forgot. And again ... how is that different then anyone else or any other religion who come to this country?

If a Christian decides to violate the law to do what they are required to do as a Christian, they may feel they are justified in God's eyes, but they will be held accountable in this life. And no one is arguing otherwise. So why do YOU keep arguing otherwise for Muslims? Why would they be held to a different standard than anyone else? Why do we have to defend that which isn't in question other then you pulling out of your ... ear ... and deciding it's an issue and no answer is good enough?

Christian Scripture teaches Christians to obey the laws of the land. That is not so in Islam.

Christian Scripture teaches Christians to obey the laws of the land. That is not so in Islam.

Does Christian scripture teach Christians to obey the laws of the land when they are in violation of God's laws? You said they put the Koran above the Constitution. You're saying that Christians do not put the Bible above the Constitution? Seriously?

The month of Ramadan is a month of holy war and death for Allah. It is a month for fighting the enemies of Allah and God’s messenger, the Jews and their American facilitators… The holy war is not confined to a particular arena and we shall fight the Jews and the Americans until they leave the land of Islam. - Qaedat al-Jihad a branch of al Qaeda

So.....if they want to rid their lands of Jews and Americans should we rid our lands of them?

That's my point.
And OUR point is they may believe that their RELIGION gives them that right, but we are a nation of LAWS. We have LAWS against assault and battery.

The American Muslim who might be conflicted about this has a choice to make - follow his religion and beat his wife, or follow the law and stay out of prison.

Does Christian scripture teach Christians to obey the laws of the land when they are in violation of God's laws? You said they put the Koran above the Constitution. You're saying that Christians do not put the Bible above the Constitution? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Give us an example.

The month of Ramadan is a month of holy war and death for Allah. It is a month for fighting the enemies of Allah and God’s messenger, the Jews and their American facilitators… The holy war is not confined to a particular arena and we shall fight the Jews and the Americans until they leave the land of Islam. - Qaedat al-Jihad a branch of al Qaeda

So.....if they want to rid their lands of Jews and Americans should we rid our lands of them?

Is that what you're proposing we do?

No

No

No, they can't

Well then I will clean out my ear as long as you take your blinders off and see that we need to stop religious beliefs that are against our constitutional rights that we live by here. You turn a blind eye to this and all you are doing is promoting it. And then one thing leads to another. And with our gov't trying to let them fit into our culture the way they do is just asking for more trouble from them.

Forum List

Back