Ramadam a Ding Dong

What constitutional rights do American Islamist terrorists have?

All of them, until they are convicted of a crime

The danger in that reply is that it persists in the very real problem of conflating terrorism with mere criminality.
That is a very good point. Since this malady of Muslim-style terrorism, there have to be some adjustments in search and seizure protections, for example. We must be very careful, though. As you know, I am incensed at the lack of judicial review - judicial check - for the summary executions of American citizens overseas. Sure, there is a real good chance that they were pieces of shit.

But, as someone who lived overseas for a while, I look at it this way: Let's say I piss off the Executive Branch while I'm living overseas and they take me out. There is no check on that...none at all. All they needed to say was that I am engaging in terrorist activities against the USA. That's frightening to me.

Anyway, I don't want to sidetrack this fun thread with that particular topic too much, but I support certain controlled infringements on search and seizure, like the NSA's monitoring of internet activities. If I start talking about explosives and American targets (howdy, NSA), I can bet that that will be flagged. That's OK with me.

What's not OK is just assuming I am a bad guy because of the type of god I believe in.

:eusa_boohoo:Just like you do to the law abiding people who are worried about this country being taken down to heavily by the Islamist who want to take control.
The law abiding persons should realize that we are no longer a nation of LAW if we make legal decisions based on religion rather than LAW.

:eusa_shifty:Its not religion. Its a cult. Its their way of life. Its called terrorism. If you can't see that you are as blind as Ubama.
All Muslims are not terrorists. In fact, terrorists are a minority among the Muslim population, and even more of a minority among American Muslims.

Would you prefer we set up internment camps for American Muslims?

All of them, until they are convicted of a crime

The danger in that reply is that it persists in the very real problem of conflating terrorism with mere criminality.
That is a very good point. Since this malady of Muslim-style terrorism, there have to be some adjustments in search and seizure protections, for example. We must be very careful, though. As you know, I am incensed at the lack of judicial review - judicial check - for the summary executions of American citizens overseas. Sure, there is a real good chance that they were pieces of shit.

But, as someone who lived overseas for a while, I look at it this way: Let's say I piss off the Executive Branch while I'm living overseas and they take me out. There is no check on that...none at all. All they needed to say was that I am engaging in terrorist activities against the USA. That's frightening to me.

Anyway, I don't want to sidetrack this fun thread with that particular topic too much, but I support certain controlled infringements on search and seizure, like the NSA's monitoring of internet activities. If I start talking about explosives and American targets (howdy, NSA), I can bet that that will be flagged. That's OK with me.

What's not OK is just assuming I am a bad guy because of the type of god I believe in.

Very good. But nobody is assuming your a bad guy just because of the type of god you believe in. With the problems we have had in the past with the Muslims we are smart enough to know that we need to keep a better eye on them when they come here. Its called security.

The law abiding persons should realize that we are no longer a nation of LAW if we make legal decisions based on religion rather than LAW.

:eusa_shifty:Its not religion. Its a cult. Its their way of life. Its called terrorism. If you can't see that you are as blind as Ubama.
All Muslims are not terrorists. In fact, terrorists are a minority among the Muslim population, and even more of a minority among American Muslims.

Would you prefer we set up internment camps for American Muslims?

:eusa_shifty:No of course not. But we need out gov't to open their eyes and realize that they have brought most of our terrorism that we have had in the past. And they need to come to their sences when they allow too much of their attempt on taking over. Its right in front of them.

Very good. But nobody is assuming your a bad guy just because of the type of god you believe in. With the problems we have had in the past with the Muslims we are smart enough to know that we need to keep a better eye on them when they come here. Its called security.
But, when you say we need to keep a better eyes on Muslims, you are saying that the probable cause standard must be applied differently to someone because of their god. Of course, I am making the assumption that "keeping a better eye" means more search and seizure for them. That could be a wrong assumption.

The constitution is relevant as fuck when you're claiming that freedom of religion shouldn't apply to a certain religion.

I am not the one who interjected the US Constitution and freedom of religion. Find out who and you'll be less confused.

Alright, we’ll try it from this angle…

It’s logical to infer from your posts and link that you advocate making Islam or some aspect of Islam ‘illegal.’

If that’s the case then such a position would be un-Constitutional.

You also seem to be making the idiotic and failed argument that because some Muslims have committed criminal acts ‘in the name of Islam’ that all Muslims have consequently forfeited their First Amendment rights and may be subject to punitive measures.

That is also un-Constitutional.

Just because individuals of a given faith have committed criminal acts does not justify criminalizing that faith.

Your logic is flawed; therefore, your premise is flawed. I never said anything about making Islam illegal.

Islam is a criminal faith. Islam has no tolerance for other religions, women's rights, and restricts free thought and free speech. Awareness is my goal.

I am not the one who interjected the US Constitution and freedom of religion. Find out who and you'll be less confused.

It’s logical to infer from your posts and link that you advocate making Islam or some aspect of Islam ‘illegal.’

You also seem to be making the idiotic and failed argument that because some Muslims have committed criminal acts ‘in the name of Islam’ that all Muslims have consequently forfeited their First Amendment rights and may be subject to punitive measures.

Just because individuals of a given faith have committed criminal acts does not justify criminalizing that faith.

Your logic is flawed; therefore, your premise is flawed. I never said anything about making Islam illegal.

Islam is a criminal faith. Islam has no tolerance for other religions, women's rights, and restricts free thought and free speech. Awareness is my goal.
To the bolded: I love the irony.

You STILL don't get it. I am no fan of Muslims, in general, or any fundies. That doesn't matter, in the USA.

What matters is the Constitution.

You notice how those on the left only support the constitution when it fits their agenda?

No, it has nothing to do with ‘liberals.’

It has to do with a given jurisdiction, often at the behest of a religious group or religious members of government, enacting legislation or measures designed to promote religious dogma, which lack any secular motive, and manifest an unacceptable entanglement of religion and state. Such measures are consequently and correctly struck down as a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

That liberals understand and accept settled First Amendment case law is no reason to disparage them.

You might have a point if liberals understood and accepted settled first amendment case law for religious rights for all, but that is not the case. The same people who jump up to defend Islam, will go out of their way to demonize Christians.

This is about votes, nothing more. The left and Islam have a common enemy................Christians and traditional American values.

Last edited:

Do you believe Islam respects women's rights?

:eusa_clap:No irony there. Its just that we must make them realize that if they do want to live in our country then they go by our rules. Our rules are those of the constitution. If they don't want to respect that then they can return to their country where they would be more happy.

Do you believe Islam respects women's rights?
No more so than Catholics or Jews.

:eusa_clap:No irony there. Its just that we must make them realize that if they do want to live in our country then they go by our rules. Our rules are those of the constitution. If they don't want to respect that then they can return to their country where they would be more happy.
If a faith is criminal, by definition it's illegal.

Just a minor detail.

Just a minor detail.

No. If that were so then every religion would be illegal. Every faith is going to have a bad apple in it. Its just that the Muslims are more criminal minded when it comes to terrorism. And we in America have seen this day by day. We are not just going to sit here and turn the cheek as it grows.

Just a minor detail.

No. If that were so then every religion would be illegal. Every faith is going to have a bad apple in it. Its just that the Muslims are more criminal minded when it comes to terrorism. And we in America have seen this day by day. We are not just going to sit here and turn the cheek as it grows.
I'm not advocating any turning of cheeks for criminality and/or terrorism.

Just a minor detail.

You most certainly are. You stated Islamist terrorists have constitutional rights.

You most certainly are. You stated Islamist terrorists have constitutional rights.
If they are American, they do.

Just a minor detail.

:clap2:Thats good. Now do a little researching and see for yourself where many of the terrorism is coming from. Im sure you will see.

Forum List

Back