Raising the voting age to 25

This seems like a good idea.

There needs to be one age of majority for everything.

Saying someone can vote and decide the fate of a nation but not smoke or drink is idiotic.

It's a terrible idea. During every war before the Vietnam Conflict take a look at National Cemeteries and you'll find teenagers graves. Those who were drafted or enlisted who were KIA never got a chance to vote.

EVERYONE registering to vote for the first time should have to pass THE SAME TEST that immigrants are required to pass in order to be naturalized. This innovation is so obvious and rational that Congress would never dream of it. At what age? How about tying it to payment of at least a nominal amount of FICA tax in a given tax year - equivalent to earning, say, $2,000?

It is worthwhile to recall that the ONLY reason why 18's were given the vote was the Vietnam War. It was an awful situation where a young man who risks and potentially gives his life to serve his country could not even vote.

That rationale no longer applies. Today's 18's have the maturity and insight of a toddler.

Keep in mind that "adolescence" is a relatively new invention, totally unknown in human history before about 120 years ago. The Bar Mitzvah and Catholic "Confirmation" were historically a child's introduction to adult levels of responsibility., at 12-14 years old. At that age, he either started an apprenticeship, went to work full time (usually on the family farm), or if he was very lucky, went to a university. Originally, Harvard took students at the age of 13-14, and they were expected to comport themselves and work as adults. The idea that there is an acceptable, extended period of time when a young adult was expected to retain the minimal responsibilities of a child with the body of an adult is an absurd one, especially today, when adolescence extends into a person's late 20's and beyond. If you are living at home with your parents and not working full time, I would say age 25 is the EARLIEST I would grant the franchise.

I think you should only have the right if you're a citizen paying taxes on a homestead property that you live on, or you're the citizen spouse of an owner.

I do mean a SPOUSE also, not a wet hole or pole you gratify yourself with.

Some people are never mature enough.
iu

It's a terrible idea. During every war before the Vietnam Conflict take a look at National Cemeteries and you'll find teenagers graves. Those who were drafted or enlisted who were KIA never got a chance to vote.
Stop acting as if you give a fruit fly's fuck about any soldier not working for the enemies of the COTUS.

You're a neo-bolshevik piece of shit and truly view those graves as points in your warped deviant psychology.

Fuckin treasonous piece of shit trying to exploit veteran graves to make an asinine point.

Forum List

Back