Raising the Minimum Wage Does Not Cut Jobs

"The simplest explanation is to say that the more money a community has, the more it spends, and the more jobs are created by that spending."

Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.

Where do you suppose the money comes from that increases the wages from $7.25 to $12/hr?

The money fairy?

Or could it possibly be that the money comes from the owners' pockets, the customers' pockets, or from the lost wages of those whose hours are cut or are laid off?

Do you seriously believe that increasing wages increases the "money a community has"?

Seriously?

To quote Bugs R. Bunny, "What a maroon!"
Folks who think that increasing minimum wage will put more money into the community conveniently ignore the fact that it has to come from someone else. Or perhaps they find it a convenient palliative excuse to gloss over the fact that the real goal is "fairness"? If they take it from one and give it to another, so that eventually everyone controls the same resources, isn't that "fair"?

[QUOTE="Wry Catcher, post: 10160155, member: 2029]

Thank you. Being new to the forum do not expect to change the opinion of the Callous Conservatives. Their beliefs are confined to a small box of dogmatic truths promulgated by the Republican Party and echoed by its subalterns.

Thank you. I am new to this forum, but not to forums in general.

I don't expect to change their minds. If their opinions were based on fact, I could expect to change their minds. But their opinions are based on hatred, not facts.

I come here because it's good for my ego to smack 'em down, that's all.
[/QUOTE]

64 post and you're going around people, callous Conservatives
Tell us how many Businesses do you own and how many do they employ?

But somehow those same Democrats continue to think that if the MW were ONLY $12/hr or $15/hr it would bring about prosperity.

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

The simplest explanation is to say that the more money a community has, the more it spends, and the more jobs are created by that spending.

The simplest explanation is to say that the more money a community has, the more it spends

Can you explain why the higher minimum wage will increase the money in a community?

Yeah, someone will let you know when that happens.

Meanwhile, I stopped reading your OP when I hit "I graphed unemployment rates" because, as everybody knows, the "unemployment rates" that are fed to the public in no way accurately represent the actual unemployment rate.

Sure you did. Are you in the habit of responding to threads without reading them?

Sounds like a Tea Party to me!

I'm in the habit of disregarding idiots who quote fake numbers.

Bingo, and man he does think he is someone SUPERIOR. People disagrees with him he gets all huffy, puffy whiny

But somehow those same Democrats continue to think that if the MW were ONLY $12/hr or $15/hr it would bring about prosperity.

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

The simplest explanation is to say that the more money a community has, the more it spends, and the more jobs are created by that spending.

if the money is stolen or taxed then some other community has less money and less jobs right?

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

The simplest explanation is to say that the more money a community has, the more it spends

Can you explain why the higher minimum wage will increase the money in a community?

I would expect it would, depending of course on the specific community. Minimum wage earners are likely to live, work and play in the same place. Thus they would have more money to spend and would likely spend it in the area where the work, sleep and play.

Those who commute to work wouldn't generally spend most of their earnings in the place where they work.

Last edited:

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

I would expect it would, depending of course on the specific community. Minimum wage earners are likely to live, work and play in the same place. Thus they would have more money to spend and would likely spend it in the area where the work, sleep and play.

Those who commute to work would generally spend most of their earnings in the place where they work.

if the money to pay the minimum wage is stolen or taxed then some other community has less money and less jobs right so no net benefit is possible?

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

Those who commute to work would generally spend most of their earnings in the place where they work.

I would expect it would, depending of course on the specific community. Minimum wage earners are likely to live, work and play in the same place.

I would expect the business owner and customers live in the community as well.
They will have less money to spend in the community. I wonder if that will reduce jobs?

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

I would expect it would, depending of course on the specific community. Minimum wage earners are likely to live, work and play in the same place.

They will have less money to spend in the community. I wonder if that will reduce jobs?

Maybe, but likely not as many minimum wage jobs will exist in middle class or higher communities. Consider the amount of fast food shops in minimum wage communities, and the amount of up scale restaurants in those communities where business owners play and shop.

Urban areas and suburban communities within commute distant of Urban jobs are the most likely to fit within the scenario I proffered. I have very little experience in very rural communities.

yes exactly and many of the customers are workers so much of the higher wage is paid for by the workers themselves !!

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

Maybe, but likely not as many minimum wage jobs will exist in middle class or higher communities. Consider the amount of fast food shops in minimum wage communities, and the amount of up scale restaurants in those communities where business owners play and shop.

Urban areas and suburban communities within commute distant of Urban jobs are the most likely to fit within the scenario I proffered. I have very little experience in very rural communities.

in any case the way you get ahead is by being worth more, not by govt violence. It's a very very bad precedent. Imagine if more and more seek to get ahead that way? Pretty soon you have a declining economy and then a liberal/soviet economy.

Indeed it would.

in any case the way you get ahead is by being worth more, not by govt violence. ITs a very very bad precedent

Your biases contribute, but are not the total reason, for your ridiculousness. Are you too lazy to actually think, and thus remain locked in a box of dogmatic beliefs?

Indeed it would.

in any case the way you get ahead is by being worth more, not by govt violence. Its a very very bad liberal precedent

in any case the way you get ahead is by being worth more, not by govt violence. ITs a very very bad precedent

Your biases contribute, but are not the total reason, for your ridiculousness. Are you too lazy to actually think, and thus remain locked in a box of dogmatic beliefs?
please show a bias or admit lacking the IQ to defend what you say

If they take it from one and give it to another, so that eventually everyone controls the same resources, isn't that "fair"?

sure if its fair that a guy who becomes a doctor controls the same resources as a guy who drops out of high school.
Absolutely! Just because a high school drop out hasn't the same access as a doctor. Well, OK, if you're capable of liberal thought, it all makes sense. Personally, I cannot comprehend the correlation. Guy wants what a doctor has, let him become a doctor, too.
Where I work, there are licensed aircraft mechanics and there are ramp service agents. Licensed mechanics have earned their license and are required to have a minimum of five years experience before being hired. Ramp service agents...yeah, unskilled laborers, only need to be 18 yrs old and able to pass a UA and background check. (UA and background check are required for mechanics, too.) Mechanics earn 50% to 70% more than "rampers". Whenever one of them complains to me (I'm a mechanic), I suggest they register for and complete the same training I did to become a mechanic. No one is stopping them. The good news is, some of them actually have done that. The others...tough!

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

Those who commute to work wouldn't generally spend most of their earnings in the place where they work.
Oh, you mean like all the illegal "immigrants" who tend to send most of their earning south-of-the-border?

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

I'm not sure where you live, but the less expensive (usually fast food joints) places that also employ minimum wage earners are also far more likely to be located in the poorer communities.

in any case the way you get ahead is by being worth more, not by govt violence. Its a very very bad liberal precedent

please show a bias or admit lacking the IQ to defend what you say

Are you suggesting you're not biased? That's hardly credible since you're one of the callous conservatives who believe poverty is a product of laziness, a lack of ambition or character flaws. You don't believe in the concept and practice of a Social Contract, the basis for a kind government of the people, by the people and for the people.

You and the other Callous Conservatives resent those who are needy, many by reasons beyond their control, and consider the taxes you pay as theft when given to those who need a hand.

It would be easy to simply label the entire set of Callous Conservatives as afflicted by avarice, but their efforts to defend the very wealth and condemn those who live in poverty - the vast majority you and they cannot know - suggest more than a character flaw, it suggests a meanness of pathological proportion.

Go figure.
Indeed it would.

I'm not sure how this is any sort of rebuttal to what I posted.
The customers of these businesses with mandated hikes in wage expenses will have less money to spend at other businesses in the community. So how has this helped the community? It sounds like a wash at best.

I Demand an answer from the OP:

How many businesses do you have and how many people do you employ?

Forum List

Back