“radio-photonic radar.” Someone want to explain what this is?

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
it looks like we have another battle going on. It's called Radio-Photonic Radar. It is supposed to make Stealth worthless. Right now, the US has the edge in the development but the Russians and Chinese just picked up trying to develop it. Someone smarter than me want to tell me what the devil that is?

it looks like we have another battle going on. It's called Radio-Photonic Radar. It is supposed to make Stealth worthless. Right now, the US has the edge in the development but the Russians and Chinese just picked up trying to develop it. Someone smarter than me want to tell me what the devil that is?

Here is a decent article: Radio Optic Phased Array Radar

Radio Optic Phased Array Radar - a comprehensive study.

Put simply, they are moving the detector from the meter band up to the micrometer band. This is done by using forms of pulsed light instead of radio energy. Shorter wavelength greatly reduces needed size of antenna (lowering cost and improving portability) as well as greatly improving resolution in returned image.

Forum List

Back