Racism at Fox News

I see, here is an example of race baiting, now I know what it means:

Dirty Tricks, South Carolina and John McCain | The Nation

From the link:

"Eight years ago this month, John McCain took the New Hampshire primary and was favored to win in South Carolina. Had he succeeded, he would likely have thwarted the presidential aspirations of George W. Bush and become the Republican nominee. But Bush strategist Karl Rove came to the rescue with a vicious smear tactic.

"Rove invented a uniquely injurious fiction for his operatives to circulate via a phony poll. Voters were asked, "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain...if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This was no random slur. McCain was at the time campaigning with his dark-skinned daughter, Bridget, adopted from Bangladesh."

So, I guess we can presume the State of South Carolina has a majority of racists, since painting with such a broad brush represent the 'truth' on this thread.

de·flec·tion
noun \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\

: the act of changing or causing something to change direction

Racism to them is using an Obama mask for a comedy skit at a rodeo

but nothing racist about this lowlife woman making fun of a black child in a white family

Don't presume to know what "them" believe. I believe the mask episode a childish and disrespectful incident. An 'intellectual' evident that would appeal to others like you.

All of us make dumb comments; you've made a career of making stupid ones. Yet I don't call you a "lowlife women".

I see, here is an example of race baiting, now I know what it means:

Dirty Tricks, South Carolina and John McCain | The Nation

From the link:

"Eight years ago this month, John McCain took the New Hampshire primary and was favored to win in South Carolina. Had he succeeded, he would likely have thwarted the presidential aspirations of George W. Bush and become the Republican nominee. But Bush strategist Karl Rove came to the rescue with a vicious smear tactic.

"Rove invented a uniquely injurious fiction for his operatives to circulate via a phony poll. Voters were asked, "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain...if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This was no random slur. McCain was at the time campaigning with his dark-skinned daughter, Bridget, adopted from Bangladesh."

So, I guess we can presume the State of South Carolina has a majority of racists, since painting with such a broad brush represent the 'truth' on this thread.

de·flec·tion
noun \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\

: the act of changing or causing something to change direction

Oh baloney. It is simply a counterpoint to the hysteria posted above by the echo chamber. To bad you're not smart enough to do the same. But I do appreciate your bumping of my post, now others with better skills and better brains can take me on. I really like to read a spin which justifies Karl Rove's tactic which is classic and evil.

Actually, the "obamacare" equivalency to the "n-word" thing MHP did could qualify as race-baiting. But that's such a specialized term that I prefer not to use it.

A classic example of race baiting is saying in earshot of a black guy that black men are known to be violent -- a statement which would make most guys mad if you said it about them -- and thus you may provoke the black guy to stereotype-confirming violence. That's race baiting. And the left's race-hustling sometimes fits into that category when they essentially say "let's make this racial even if it isn't and when we elicit hateful speech from white Republicans we can say, 'why are they so hostile when we talk about race if they aren't racist?'"

But I'll still try to stick with saying "race-hustling" instead of "race-baiting" to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be interesting if we did a search on comments made about the character of Trayvon Martin by those who are all hysterical about a comment by MHP?

Last edited:
Thread title: Racism at Fox News

So ... Melissa Harris-Perry and MSNBC panel are a Fox Noise show now?

Nobody tells me anything.

Wouldn't it be interesting if we did a search on comments made about the character of Trayvon Martin by those who are all hysterical about a comment by MHP?

What point would you make with that search?

Part of the hateful talk about Trayvon Martin was reaction to media efforts to portray him as a cherubic child. He was a troubled young man who was indeed on drugs at the time that Zimmerman called 911 and said he saw someone who looked like he was on drugs doing things which concerned him. Pretending Martin was a small person who was overpowered by a hulking 28-year-old man and the media trying to paint Zimmerman as a racist caused backlash.

It is possible that some of the loss of life in this country since that tragedy is attributable to the hyperbole on both sides. Anger was generated for an agenda and for ratings.

What point would you make with that search?

Part of the hateful talk about Trayvon Martin was reaction to media efforts to portray him as a cherubic child. He was a troubled young man who was indeed on drugs at the time that Zimmerman called 911 and said he saw someone who looked like he was on drugs doing things which concerned him. Pretending Martin was a small person who was overpowered by a hulking 28-year-old man and the media trying to paint Zimmerman as a racist caused backlash.

It is possible that some of the loss of life in this country since that tragedy is attributable to the hyperbole on both sides. Anger was generated for an agenda and for ratings.

good grief, he can't comment on this topic...deflects to an absolute nobody in our country who we wouldn't of ever heard of if it wasn't for Sharpton and Obama race hustling and his lapdog media like this Harris woman..these progressives are just down right ugly evil people

Last edited:
What did MHP mean by this?

"As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise."

Is her family Mormon? I'm not familiar with her history.

Another thoughtless echo from the resident deranged parrot.

As for the rest of the echo chamber, above, consider the definition of racism:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Only in your heart do you know if you are a racist. And only by the words or actions can another tell if a person is a racist.

From the FBI:

Hate Crime—Overview

Investigating hate crime is the number one priority of our Civil Rights Program. Why? Not only because hate crime has a devastating impact on families and communities, but also because groups that preach hatred and intolerance plant the seeds of terrorism here in our country.

Defining a Hate Crime

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, Congress has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

Nice Wry. Quibbling over semantics and not commenting on what MHP did.

I agree that MHP is not a racist. The word "racist" is over-used on the right as well as on the left. MHP is a race-hustler and a hater. She should know better. She is highly educated. But she lazily falls back on cheap shots which she thinks qualify as cleverness. Fits right in with MSNBC.

Yep, MHP is not a racist. I can't walk in the shoes of MHP nor do I believe she is a hater. But only she knows, as I suggested above; one incident is hardly proof. Her apology seems sincere, so why the big deal? As you suggested and to which I agree the word "racist" is over-used and sadly (on this forum) incorrectly. "Quibbling over semantics" was not my intent; clarity was.

Maybe if more of us watched PBS or listened to NPR we could discern the difference between intelligence discussions and news as opposed to editorials. Fox and MSNBC are the latter.

I thought you stated promoting hate. Well one couldn't promote that any finer than that video. Nice, that ain't hatred in your eyes huh?

Nobody tells me anything.

Of course they do. Lots of people tell you lots of things and you obey. You will continue to obey for the rest of your life and there is nothing you can do about it. You will do as you're told whether you like it or not. Don't forget it.

that was a sickening display from these people
But don't forget, their kind, liberals/progressives cares more about PEOPLE
that Station should be SHUNNED

O please stop with your sanctimonious bullshit. What they said was wrong but there is racists post on this board every day and not a peep out of you.

That there's a f****** lie.

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back