Racism at Fox News

I don't accept the idea that we can't mobilize oil companies in a crises the way we mobilized manufacturing companies in World War Two. I want the oil to be in this country. I want the refineries in this country and the distribution system in this country. To suggest that we can't direct the domestic oil industry to sell american oil at market prices is nonsense. The point being, if OPEC creates a crises to prohibitive levels by artificially limiting the oil supply then there already will be no free market in oil.

Also, food is a necessity. How do you think we get food? What do you think those tractors run on? Pixie dust? Of course my analogy works! People are addicted to oil so they can eat and not freeze to death.
Exactly.

I don't accept the idea that we can't mobilize oil companies in a crises the way we mobilized manufacturing companies in World War Two. I want the oil to be in this country. I want the refineries in this country and the distribution system in this country. To suggest that we can't direct the domestic oil industry to sell american oil at market prices is nonsense. The point being, if OPEC creates a crises to prohibitive levels by artificially limiting the oil supply then there already will be no free market in oil.

Also, food is a necessity. How do you think we get food? What do you think those tractors run on? Pixie dust? Of course my analogy works! People are addicted to oil so they can eat and not freeze to death.

To the second point, you can live without oil but you can't live without food. And you can heat without it too.

But to the first point, no, the oil business simply doesn't work that way. A politician running for office may like to run around squeaking "drill here drill now" but it's just a knee-jerk catchphrase. If you want to "mobilize" oil companies you'll have to nationalize them. We may want all that in this country but the oil business simply doesn't work the same way growing an apple tree and taking your apples to the farmer's market works.

[

Do you have any conspiracy theories that don't consist of blaming "oil" and "Jews"?

Conspriacy theory works on the assumption that they are doing something behind the scenes.

George H. Bush said the 1991 Gulf war was about oil. He was actually pretty fucking open about it.

The question is, why do the rest of us keep putting up with it.

Well, part of it is who owns Hollywood, and man, you question anything Israel does, they bring out the whole weepy towell about the Holocaust.

The other part is, we like driving our big cars, and we are perfectly willing to sacrifice some poor kids to keep the oil flowing.

Your arguments keep getting stupidier, don't they?

We don't have a oil problem because of food production (which, by the way, only happens because the government HEAVILY subsidizes it)

We have an oil problem because Americans insist on driving cars that a huge gas guzzlers. And don't you dare let the government mandate change.

Since you brought up heating, here's another thing. The government tried to mandate a standard that all new furnaces be 95% efficient. Do you know who fought against that? The companies that install furnaces.

We don't have a oil problem because of food production (which, by the way, only happens because the government HEAVILY subsidizes it)

We have an oil problem because Americans insist on driving cars that a huge gas guzzlers. And don't you dare let the government mandate change.

Since you brought up heating, here's another thing. The government tried to mandate a standard that all new furnaces be 95% efficient. Do you know who fought against that? The companies that install furnaces.

Don't everyone just love the way that the government just tries to mandate something for their special interest groups, and then cast it upon the citizens without an idea of what they are doing these days ? Problem is, is that they don't help anyone understand how their going to somehow pay for it next or even learn how to cope with the loss of it next.

The furnace people probably have a great model that sales at a cheap price among their many models, and this is one that is being sold to all the poor people that the government has created in this nation now, and it is probably the most less efficient model it can sell for the price, so when it see's the government about to mandate something that is unreasonable for all involved who are poor, and are not affording of this 95% efficiency model, well then of course they come in and try to convince the government of their folly before it is to late for them to turn back afterwards.

The government mandate if not understood by the government totally, would inflict huge suffering on those who can't afford to just turn off a switch that the government decides to then tell them just to turn off (Obama care comes to mind in this sort of line of thinking also). The government will always have to have discussions with industry experts in order to keep the right balance in these things before it acts out, and it may be convinced to do something different after talking with the experts also.

After that, it is for the government to tell the special interest groups of their findings, and then to tell them to try again some other day, because what they wanted wasn't logical or within reason at this time to go forward with.

Try again Joe.

Last edited:

We have an oil problem because most of our oil is trapped underground where our liberal overlords wish it to be. The left's fear of scientific progress (such as fracking) is well noted.
The left's insistence that only government bureaucracy can solve any problem under the sun is also well noted. I'm also going to note that you believe the jews are behind fracking. Am I right?

[

Do you have any conspiracy theories that don't consist of blaming "oil" and "Jews"?

Conspriacy theory works on the assumption that they are doing something behind the scenes.

George H. Bush said the 1991 Gulf war was about oil. He was actually pretty fucking open about it.

Well, part of it is who owns Hollywood, and man, you question anything Israel does, they bring out the whole weepy towell about the Holocaust.

The other part is, we like driving our big cars, and we are perfectly willing to sacrifice some poor kids to keep the oil flowing.

Oh brother, you really are twisting history to fit a narrative aren't you? The Gulf war was because Hussein had invaded a neighboring country to steal it's oil resources which would have made him independent and virtually invulnerable to sanctions. We did not get access to the kuwait oil. The kuwaiti government is in charge of their own oil. We also didn't take any oil by going into Iraq. The left blames every war on either the Zionists or oil. I wish you guys would find just one scapegoat and stick with it.
I am reminded of the left who claimed that the U.S. went into Vietnam because we wanted their oil. The fact that Vietnam had no oil was irrelevant to the argument.

Last edited:
[
Don't everyone just love the way that the government just tries to mandate something for their special interest groups, and then cast it upon the citizens without an idea of what they are doing these days ? Problem is, is that they don't help anyone understand how their going to somehow pay for it next or even learn how to cope with the loss of it next.

The furnace people probably have a great model that sales at a cheap price among their many models, and this is one that is being sold to all the poor people that the government has created in this nation now, and it is probably the most less efficient model it can sell for the price, so when it see's the government about to mandate something that is unreasonable for all involved who are poor, and are not affording of this 95% efficiency model, well then of course they come in and try to convince the government of their folly before it is to late for them to turn back afterwards.

The government mandate if not understood by the government totally, would inflict huge suffering on those who can't afford to just turn off a switch that the government decides to then tell them just to turn off (Obama care comes to mind in this sort of line of thinking also). The government will always have to have discussions with industry experts in order to keep the right balance in these things before it acts out, and it may be convinced to do something different after talking with the experts also.

After that, it is for the government to tell the special interest groups of their findings, and then to tell them to try again some other day, because what they wanted wasn't logical or within reason at this time to go forward with.

Try again Joe.

Actually, Captain Dumbfuck, most people would be better off with a HE furnace.

They save about $900 a year in utility bills.

Now, it's true, when most people are stupid and short sighted, you have a hard time with the government making changes.

Now here's the gag. The real problem isn't the big companies that do this. THey were all on board with HE. The problem came in when all the small operators made a stink because they had large inventories of 85% units they couldn't sell.

[

Oh brother, you really are twisting history to fit a narrative aren't you? The Gulf war was because Hussein had invaded a neighboring country to steal it's oil resources which would have made him independent and virtually invulnerable to sanctions. We did not get access to the kuwait oil. The kuwaiti government is in charge of their own oil. We also didn't take any oil by going into Iraq. The left blames every war on either the Zionists or oil. I wish you guys would find just one scapegoat and stick with it.
I am reminded of the left who claimed that the U.S. went into Vietnam because we wanted their oil. The fact that Vietnam had no oil was irrelevant to the argument.

You cant expect Joe to know these things man....His handlers haven't told him the truth.

[

First, no one had sanctions on Iraq before he invaded Kuwait.

And it really shouldn't have made any difference if Saddam or the Emir of Kuwait controlled that oil to ANYONE but the Oil Companies. (See, you are kind of proving my point.)

Here was the thing. Saddam actually had a valid complain with Kuwait. They shared the Rumelia Oil feilds and the Kuwaitis were pumping the shit out of that to build palaces.

And when Saddam complained to Ambassador April Glaspee, our woman in Iraq, Glaspee said that we had no obligation to Kuwait and they had to work it out.

The minute he invaded though, the Oil companies and Zionists started screaming the world was ending, though.

Forum List

Back