Racially Offensive or Overreaction?

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Ziggin' Zaggin'

That's one of the slogans that appears on nine of seven hundred buses in the fleet of the Pittsburgh Port Authority. Someone saw the slogan in their rearview mirror and declared it racially offensive. The Port Authority will be removing the slogan from the nine buses...

If you ask me, someone was looking for a reason to be offended. Overreaction all the way...

The whole world has gone mad...

Bus Messages Called Offensive When Read Backwards CBS Pittsburgh

Overreaction by ignorant low-info people.

The End.

20083_10204817232803112_5603956889444370268_n1.jpg

seems like you have to really try to see it that way...

That might be a little too close to a racial slur. In fact, i think any word that stars with an "N", should probably be banned too. We should also ban any words that have this letter combination... "igger". So racially offensive words like "trigger" and "bigger" should be removed from the english language, and all words that start with "N".

“Who really thinks about looking at it backwards? It’s ‘Ziggin’ and Zaggin’.’ A vehicle zigs and zags through the city to pick somebody up. It’s a bus,” Antwon Manson of the Hill District said.

I think its offensive when people say "the N word". Did you guys know that they mean "n igger" when they say that? Thats racist. People who say "the N word" are racist.

I think it's an overreaction, aka people looking to be offended.

It should be noted that those slogans have been on the buses since 2003 and no one had complained until recently.

Forum List

Back