Why do people look for ways to be offended?

Have to hand it to Rush, he's right on this.

Bus Messages Called Offensive When Read Backwards CBS Pittsburgh

A city bus had the words "Ziggin' Zaggin" stenciled on it, a lady saw it in her REAR VIEW FUCKING MIRROR and was "offended". So now the city is taking off all the stickers from its buses.

So now we have to keep track of how words are spelled BACKWARDS.

The PC Police - insanity.

11351351_491583784340795_9166297040948392621_n.jpg

The most frustrating thing about spell check is that if I begin to type nig... it changes it to Obama. Has anyone else had this experience.

wow someone on the PC police force sure did drop that boogeyman ball for the past 12 years...

“… due to recent complaints about how this message appears when read backward, we have decided to remove the message from our vehicles,” he said. “This will take us several days to properly remove. We apologize to anyone who may have been offended.”

A few days ago, a driver complained after seeing the slogan on a bus in her rearview mirror. She says it spells out a racial slur when read backwards.

“In terms of the message being offensive it’s not a surprise at all. It’s a very serious and hurtful and offensive message. We felt the best thing to do was simply take it off,” Port Authority Spokesperson Jim Ritchie said.

The Port Authority says this slogan has been wrapped around nine buses since 2003. This is the first time anyone has ever complained about it. It was part of a marketing campaign that comprised of six different slogans like “Rockin’ Rollin’” and “Movin’ Groovin’.”

Some folks say the stickers need to be taken off immediately, while others say they don’t see a problem with it.

A city bus had the words "Ziggin' Zaggin" stenciled on it, a lady saw it in her REAR VIEW FUCKING MIRROR and was "offended". So now the city is taking off all the stickers from its buses.

The most frustrating thing about spell check is that if I begin to type nig... it changes it to Obama. Has anyone else had this experience.
That hasn't happened, but if I type oba it auto completes to ass hole.

^^ future sig line to live in infamy :thup:

And on this day not one fuck was given about backwards lettering being offensive to anyone

People get offended about a mythological person in a glass of pee while telling others they are not allowed to be offended.

So cool.

uoy kcuf

People get offended about a mythological person in a glass of pee while telling others they are not allowed to be offended.

So cool.

poor Mac has such a hard time keeping track, and that's just not right...

"So now we have to keep track of how words are spelled BACKWARDS." :crybaby:

So cool.

You're right, all those suicide bombings, embassies on fire, people stoned to death, shot, stabbed and set of fire...

Oh wait. Wrong religion...

Those people deserved what happened because they were insensitive.

This just in:
Palindromes will be a federal offense, soon as it gets through Congress. Get 'em in now.

"Do good? I?? No! Evil I deliver!! I maim nine more hero-men in Saginaw; sanitary sword a-tuck, Carol I..... LO! Rack-cut a drowsy rat in Aswan! I gas nine more hero-men in Miami!
Reviled, I live on. I do, o God!"

Some people just want to make their voices heard, even if they've got nothing to say.
Amen to this! And in my opinion, whoever got mad enough to have people be arrested for cheering at their child's graduation is the perfect example.

God bless you and them families always!!!

Holly
They should be arrested. It would have been better though if they just respected the rules.
I disagree. There is nothing wrong with cheering for something that is going on in front of you unless it is something wrong, but in this case, it was something right. Kids were graduating. Why not cheer for that when some people don't ever get due to one set of circumstances or another? Sadly there are a lot of people in my family who never got to finish high school because of their unfortunate life's circumstances.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
They were asked to hold the applause to the end so that 800 graduating seniors can move expeditiously across the stage. Maybe you'd like to be one of those idiot parents screaming "for their kid" and defying authority like a teenage punk, but you wouldn't want to be the parent of the next kid whose announcement just got drowned out. Part of the definition of adulthood is exercising self restraint not as common with children. If you can't control your own behavior, maybe you should stay out of public venues.
If it was a rule to be quiet, throwing out those who ignored the rule would've been sufficient. To me, there was no reason to go as far as to having the people arrested.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

People look for reasons to get all worked up....
Always looking to be the victim.

Like all the Christian fundies who believe satanic messages are hidden in rock music?

Don't know about that, but I had an aunt that worked for Highlights For Children, and it seems every month, they would receive letters about the sexual content on the cover.

Forum List

Back