Gangs Get In A Gun Fight With Something Other Than Guns. This Is Cool

That was awesome.

Pretty cool Roman Candles. What, no Smoke Bombs?

(CBS) – The projectiles were flying were flying in a West Side neighborhood. It wasn’t gunfire, but it wasn’t exactly safe, either.

CBS Roseanne Tellez checked out a recent video that shows young people dueling in Garfield Park with roman candles, the tubelike fireworks that emit fireballs.

The “fight” among young men stopped traffic on busy Western Avenue and left debris strewn from Adams to Madison streets.

“I heard it through my window, i came outside, I saw them chasing each other with Roman candles, like battling each other in the middle of the street with Roman candles holding up traffic, it was crazy,” said Bridget Williams, who lives nearby. “Better that than guns and violence, I guess, but that’s still not safe.”

The Chicago Fire Department stresses that fire balls could ignite clothing, burn skin or even cause blindness if they hit eyes.

Chicago police were called and responded Tuesday night, but by then the crowd had dispersed. No one was arrested, and there were no reported injuries.

“It don’t bother me,” said Chaquita Lane, another neighbor. “Sometimes they do it when I try to put my kids to sleep. I guess that’s how they play over here.”

West Side Neighborhood Disrupted By Roman Candle Fight CBS Chicago

Kids need some sort of outlet.....especially during the Summer when they're out of school. As long as it doesn't become violent, it doesn't seem to matter all that much. Maybe they can do this for awhile instead of the knockout game.

nigga's gonna nig:coffee:

My God......there is no hope for these savages!!! No hope!!:banana: Their best shot is to hitch a ride on a boat back to Africa and Im not even kidding. At least they might live to 40..........

People are to stupid to know what a zip gun is!!!

Last edited:
Billy hums the STAR WARS theme ...

Looks like fun, actually. Use thrash can lids for shields.

(CBS) – The projectiles were flying were flying in a West Side neighborhood. It wasn’t gunfire, but it wasn’t exactly safe, either.

CBS Roseanne Tellez checked out a recent video that shows young people dueling in Garfield Park with roman candles, the tubelike fireworks that emit fireballs.

The “fight” among young men stopped traffic on busy Western Avenue and left debris strewn from Adams to Madison streets.

“I heard it through my window, i came outside, I saw them chasing each other with Roman candles, like battling each other in the middle of the street with Roman candles holding up traffic, it was crazy,” said Bridget Williams, who lives nearby. “Better that than guns and violence, I guess, but that’s still not safe.”

The Chicago Fire Department stresses that fire balls could ignite clothing, burn skin or even cause blindness if they hit eyes.

Chicago police were called and responded Tuesday night, but by then the crowd had dispersed. No one was arrested, and there were no reported injuries.

“It don’t bother me,” said Chaquita Lane, another neighbor. “Sometimes they do it when I try to put my kids to sleep. I guess that’s how they play over here.”

Kids need some sort of outlet.....especially during the Summer when they're out of school. As long as it doesn't become violent, it doesn't seem to matter all that much. Maybe they can do this for awhile instead of the knockout game.

Sure it was "gangs" and not "Harry Potter" 'wand wizard' weirdos? :)

They were talking about the Po-Lease leaving before they started the fight.

Don't know too many Hogwarts students that call them the Po-Lease.

Kei$ha's white. Calls them "po-po" in one of her songs. :)

I read she changed her name to remove the $, so it is Keisha now: Ke ha Is No More Singer Drops the Dollar Sign and Changes Twitter Handle After Leaving Rehab E Online

I read she changed her name to remove the $, so it is Keisha now: Ke ha Is No More Singer Drops the Dollar Sign and Changes Twitter Handle After Leaving Rehab E Online

Will update my records. Thanks, was a chore to type properly. :)

Forum List

Back