Rachel Maddow takes idiocy to a new level.

I don't mind Rachel Maddow because at least she's not another whining, negative, bellowing blowhard like so many other op-ed type hosts are.

She's got the only lighthearted show around on cable news that also happens to deal with serious stuff. Quite frankly, I don't know how the others manage to put so much energy into being negative and bullying and stupid all the time, and that includes Glenn Beck.

You can feel your brain cells evaporating when you watch him. He's so dumb and loud. Kept going on about Obama's $2 billion dollar trip to Indonesia where he brought a third of the navy with him, all of which was false, of course.

Kinda dumb to bitch about her when the whole thing ends up making any common sense person go, "He gets a $77,000 deduction for his hobby?! WTF?".

If she were being hateful I'd concede that, but I don't see this as an example of that.

She's an admitted liberal, and her show is slanted. We already know all this. But she's no firebrand, that's for sure, and her reporting on this story is accurate, as far as I can tell.

The tax code needs to be tweaked because of crap like this. We shouldn't be getting the squeeze in order to pay for the Romneys' fucking horse hobby.

She disappoints me. She's brilliant but instead of following the path of the likes of Vidal (rip my lib hero)
she's decided to pattern and waste herself after Ed Schultz.

Dime a dozen and a loser to boot. I really thought she might have hit the level of Limbaugh but no no she couldn't even come close.

What a disappointment. I prefer to have at least some semblance of a decent opponent.

I don't mind Rachel Maddow because at least she's not another whining, negative, bellowing blowhard like so many other op-ed type hosts are.

She's got the only lighthearted show around on cable news that also happens to deal with serious stuff. Quite frankly, I don't know how the others manage to put so much energy into being negative and bullying and stupid all the time, and that includes Glenn Beck.

You can feel your brain cells evaporating when you watch him. He's so dumb and loud. Kept going on about Obama's $2 billion dollar trip to Indonesia where he brought a third of the navy with him, all of which was false, of course.

Kinda dumb to bitch about her when the whole thing ends up making any common sense person go, "He gets a $77,000 deduction for his hobby?! WTF?".

If she were being hateful I'd concede that, but I don't see this as an example of that.

She's an admitted liberal, and her show is slanted. We already know all this. But she's no firebrand, that's for sure, and her reporting on this story is accurate, as far as I can tell.

The tax code needs to be tweaked because of crap like this. We shouldn't be getting the squeeze in order to pay for the Romneys' fucking horse hobby.

Horse hobby? When you have multiple sclerosis horse hobby?

MS for Anne. Tell me you know its therapy. If not how big prick are you?

She has MS you fool. You vile liberal fool. The woman has MS. Dressage is a way for those with MS to help them manage the affliction.

But blather on. Make yourself look like a bigger fool with every post. Good grief. The woman has beaten back breast cancer and MS and you want to be bitchy over the horse that has helped her with her MS.

You people really are vile.

was the tax deduction for medical therapy? Or was the deduction for a HOBBY? If it was for a medical deduction then i apologize....but if it was a deduction for a ''hobby'' then i stand by what i said....our tax system is REALLY MESSED UP!

Last edited:

was the tax deduction for medical therapy? Or was the deduction for a HOBBY? If it was for a medical deduction then i apologize....but if it was a deduction for a ''hobby'' then i stand by what i said....our tax system is REALLY MESSED UP!

You're kidding correct?

Surely you jest. The woman has MS for god's sake. Dressage is therapy. What the hell is wrong with you?

No kidding, make it simpler, hell go with a flat tax no deductions......eliminates all these issues. I do believe it is for her MS though, I have no idea on the tax deductions, but this is really a stupid issue....I dont see any of the liberals on this, bitching because Kerry docks his boat in Rhode Isand to AVOID taxes he ADVOCATES....a little honesty would be refreshing......

Ask the fucking IRS.

That's why all of this is bullshit and a smear. Why aren't the IRS on these horrid rich people who have been in the public eye for over a decade?

You got something? Fucking charge them. Do it. Right now.

The left are saying Romney is a felon.

Okey dokey. Put your money where your mouth is. Charge him.

NOW.

She disappoints me. She's brilliant but instead of following the path of the likes of Vidal (rip my lib hero)
she's decided to pattern and waste herself after Ed Schultz.

Dime a dozen and a loser to boot. I really thought she might have hit the level of Limbaugh but no no she couldn't even come close.

What a disappointment. I prefer to have at least some semblance of a decent opponent.

I like Ed Shultz, but he's a kinder, gentler version of Rush. He doesn't bring facts and logic into the argument as much as Maddow or Franken did. Maddow and Schultz aren't even close. When Maddow argues, it's without polemic. It's logic and knowledge with a smile. She doesn't let guests rattle her or piss her off, doesn't name call like Hannity or O'Reilly, but she also doesn't let them off the hook when they're trying to blow smoke.

Her show is a model of civil debate. She ought to be required viewing for any debate team wannabe. To be fair, Buckley was up there when he was alive. Will, Dionne, and Brooks don't do these types of interviews, but I'd put them up there with honesty, intelligence, and civility and logic when they make their cases.

No kidding, make it simpler, hell go with a flat tax no deductions......eliminates all these issues. I do believe it is for her MS though, I have no idea on the tax deductions, but this is really a stupid issue....I dont see any of the liberals on this, bitching because Kerry docks his boat in Rhode Isand to AVOID taxes he ADVOCATES....a little honesty would be refreshing......
kerry BOUGHT his boat in Rhode Island, it was manufactured in Rhode Island, and docked his boat where he bought it and near or with the yacht maker/with maintenance right at his fingertips.

I Agree....he is avoiding taxes that massachusetts would have on it if he docked it in massachusetts... but why would he want to move his yacht up to Boston, where he lives when Newport Rhode Island is a terrific spot to park it! It's perfect! You can get to long island, Nantucket and Martha's vinyard in a hop skip and a jump verses having it parked on the Ocean in Boston, where he resides. From Boston to Providence or Newport is about an hours drive....by boat, it would be 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

It didn't appear on his 2010 tax return as a medical cost. It appeared as a limited partnership, with a $77,000 loss write-off and $213 revenue offset. I know lots of people that own horses, and they don't cost $77,000 a year to keep. I mean, included in that cost was $2,000 saddles.

kerry BOUGHT his boat in Rhode Island, it was manufactured in Rhode Island, and docked his boat where he bought it and near or with the yacht maker/with maintenance right at his fingertips.

I Agree....he is avoiding taxes that massachusetts would have on it if he docked it in massachusetts... but why would he want to move his yacht up to Boston, where he lives when Newport Rhode Island is a terrific spot to park it! It's perfect! You can get to long island, Nantucket and Martha's vinyard in a hop skip and a jump verses having it parked on the Ocean in Boston, where he resides. From Boston to Providence or Newport is about an hours drive....by boat, it would be 3-4 hours.

If Kerry were to pull a Romney, he would have created a phony limited partnership, leased the boat for some small period of time, and written off the depreciation, the mooring and maintenance costs, etc.. He didn't.

When I go through Delaware I often pick up some extra booze. No sales tax, and I beat their toll rape on 95. Besides, the Costco there has a liquor store with incredible prices.

It didn't appear on his 2010 tax return as a medical cost. It appeared as a limited partnership, with a $77,000 loss write-off and $213 revenue offset. I know lots of people that own horses, and they don't cost $77,000 a year to keep. I mean, included in that cost was $2,000 saddles.

When you respond to me do you ever see what I am responding to?

It would help our conversation if you could follow the flow.

I'm not being nasty here but you have to understand I am addressing one issue before you backhand me on another.

I'm very aware of the horse world. Lately Cobbs. So I do understand this world.

When you respond to me do you ever see what I am responding to?

It would help our conversation if you could follow the flow.

I'm not being nasty here but you have to understand I am addressing one issue before you backhand me on another.

I'm very aware of the horse world. Lately Cobbs. So I do understand this world.

Did you notice you're posting on a public forum? And I don't give a damn how much you claim to know about horses. You implied that the horse was for therapy. Romney's 2010 tax return doesn't bear that claim out. It's listed as a limited partnership, where Romney wrote off a bit over $77,000 for that year, with a revenue of $213.

It may be a legal deduction, which I question after Reagan's 1988 tax reform laws, which made sham partnerships not allowable. So stick to the facts, and don't bring in your "yeild to authority" because you claim to know so much or play the violin for MS therapy. It's not what's at issue. Mr. Etch-A-Sketch has no intention of his partnership turning a profit. The fact that the horse is now in the Olympics, with a paid rider shoots a hole in your MS therapy claim. Nope, Mittens is just gaming the system to have the rest of us pick up his slack.

And no, you're not addressing one issue after another. You're simply tossing red herrings into the mix to avoid being honest with the salient issue.

See, I wan't being nasty either.

Last edited:

If Kerry were to pull a Romney, he would have created a phony limited partnership, leased the boat for some small period of time, and written off the depreciation, the mooring and maintenance costs, etc.. He didn't.

When I go through Delaware I often pick up some extra booze. No sales tax, and I beat their toll rape on 95. Besides, the Costco there has a liquor store with incredible prices.

He didnt have to....he kept in Rhode Isand because the taxes are lower.....what is your obsession with Romneys business dealings.....OMG you really need to get over...it would be one thing if you called them alll on it, but you dont...second if he did something illegal, the IRS would let him know and we all would know...so if you dont like the rules, elect you business hating democrat

Ok to the personal stuff....you dont like paying sales tax and toll taxes.....I'm shocked, shocked, but I bet you vote for them and for the people who enact them, dont ya? If you dont want to pay the tax, WHY vote that way?

He didnt have to....he kept in Rhode Isand because the taxes are lower.....what is your obsession with Romneys business dealings.....OMG you really need to get over...it would be one thing if you called them alll on it, but you dont...second if he did something illegal, the IRS would let him know and we all would know...so if you dont like the rules, elect you business hating democrat

Ok to the personal stuff....you dont like paying sales tax and toll taxes.....I'm shocked, shocked, but I bet you vote for them and for the people who enact them, dont ya? If you dont want to pay the tax, WHY vote that way?

So what? No skin off my ass, if he kept the boat in RI. Now if he hired some local captain to take some tourists on a 3 hour tour that yeiled say $213, and called it a limited partnership where he wrote off $77,000 in depreciation and costs on his federal return, that would be some skin off my ass. That's what would be a sham partnership that allows the super rich to get over on the rest of us, and results in our being burdened with either higher taxes or higher debt.

I guess you support these scams.

As for my personal choices, I don't go out of my way to avoid sales tax. However, if the opportunity comes up, I'll certainly take advantage. I do go out of my way to avoid the Delaware toll on 95. $4 both ways, for 18 miles, as opposed to the Maryland section I just got off of, which is $5 one way, or $2.50 each way for 129 miles. Just so the people of Delaware have no income or sales tax, is a rape to me. I travel this route 2-4 times a year.

That, however isn't a scam that should take any skin off anyones ass. I purchase enough in my home state, as well as pay property and income taxes there. If Delaware decides that it will allow their population to pay no sales or income taxes, and rape people passing through, I'll game that.

What I haven't done is get into a limited partnership, where I got access to some high priced toy, and try to make the rest of the American people cover my slack, by pretending its a legitimate business.

Last edited:
I really don't like Rachel Maddow... She's pretty much the exact same thing that you would see from damn near every other Fox commentator. She doesn't do news... She does opinion pieces.

However... It doesn't mean she's wrong anymore than the few times some Fox commentator doesn't spin something.

You should read the article on her in Rolling Stone.

Forum List

Back