Rachel Maddow has been accused of plagiarism too

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
ROFL! Hoisted on her own petard!

Rachel Maddow mocked Rand Paul for plagiarism, but she?s been accused of it too | Rare

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow created headlines this week when she alleged that Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had plagiarized a recent speech from Wikipedia, but it turns out the liberal cable news host has been accused of plagiarism herself.

In 2010 on his blog “Open Salon,” Michael Rodgers of North Port, Fla., wrote a blog post titled “Rachel Maddow Plagiarized My Blog!” “Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachel Maddow,” Rodgers wrote. “Truth be told, I’m a huge fan. So, if she wanted something from my blog, all she had to do was ask. I would have given willingly because that’s the kind of guy I am.”

The plagiarism in question involves a comparison Rodgers made between the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 with the often-forgot about 1979 Ixtoc I oil spill in the same area. The liberal blogger noted that “the oil industry hasn’t advanced their methods of plugging holes in the ocean floor or cleaning up their messes.”

Rodgers then became perturbed upon seeing his own unique angle being copied on Maddow’s program: “I’m sitting there Wednesday evening watching MSNBC and there is Rachel Maddow…TELLING THE SAME DAMN STORY!!”

Rodgers complained, “she stole my scoop of a lifetime and now it’s plastered all over MSNBC with Rachel getting all the credit. Granted, the segment she did Wednesday night covered more ground and was more professional than my little feature, but then she has more resources at her disposal than I do.”​

Rachel Maddow mocked Rand Paul for plagiarism, but she?s been accused of it too | Rare

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow created headlines this week when she alleged that Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had plagiarized a recent speech from Wikipedia, but it turns out the liberal cable news host has been accused of plagiarism herself.

In 2010 on his blog “Open Salon,” Michael Rodgers of North Port, Fla., wrote a blog post titled “Rachel Maddow Plagiarized My Blog!” “Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachel Maddow,” Rodgers wrote. “Truth be told, I’m a huge fan. So, if she wanted something from my blog, all she had to do was ask. I would have given willingly because that’s the kind of guy I am.”

The plagiarism in question involves a comparison Rodgers made between the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 with the often-forgot about 1979 Ixtoc I oil spill in the same area. The liberal blogger noted that “the oil industry hasn’t advanced their methods of plugging holes in the ocean floor or cleaning up their messes.”

Rodgers then became perturbed upon seeing his own unique angle being copied on Maddow’s program: “I’m sitting there Wednesday evening watching MSNBC and there is Rachel Maddow…TELLING THE SAME DAMN STORY!!”

Rodgers complained, “she stole my scoop of a lifetime and now it’s plastered all over MSNBC with Rachel getting all the credit. Granted, the segment she did Wednesday night covered more ground and was more professional than my little feature, but then she has more resources at her disposal than I do.”​

He's just trying to get some air time. He knows she would give him credit if this lifting of his words were true.

His accusation is weak. He could be good enough for her to want something he wrote. Maybe on a good day. Damn, Republicans are crybabies.

He's just trying to get some air time. He knows she would give him credit if this lifting of his words were true.

His accusation is weak. He could be good enough for her to want something he wrote. Maybe on a good day. Damn, Republicans are crybabies.

The point that you don't seem to get is that Maddow is a giant hypocrite.

I get that you are attempting to make that point but failing miserably.

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow created headlines this week when she alleged that Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had plagiarized a recent speech from Wikipedia, but it turns out the liberal cable news host has been accused of plagiarism herself.​
What's this bullshit about "alleged"? It's pretty fucking obvious he did that!

When you post the particular lines of the movie, then show a video of Paul saying those lines almost verbatum, there ain't no "alleged" about it.

This proves just how immature the right have become.

Well no.

The point is that she reported on a news story.

Well no.

The point is that she reported on a news story.

What news org is she a reporter for?

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow created headlines this week when she alleged that Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had plagiarized a recent speech from Wikipedia, but it turns out the liberal cable news host has been accused of plagiarism herself.​
What's this bullshit about "alleged"? It's pretty fucking obvious he did that!

When you post the particular lines of the movie, then show a video of Paul saying those lines almost verbatum, there ain't no "alleged" about it.

This proves just how immature the right have become.

That and the author is complaining about an "angle".

That's not plagiarism.

I read this yesterday.

I think RARE is the only one taking it seriously. If you read Rodgers' entire blog post, you get the sense he has his tongue planted firmly in cheek. Especially the last two paragraphs...

Anyway, I suppose it’s possible that I wasn’t plagiarized and that someone on Rachel’s research team cracked the code and may have done a Google for “oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico” just like I did and found the same information. It could have happened that way.

But, in the long run I think I would rather believe that Rachel secretly reads my blog. Maybe I’ll skip the fifteen minutes of fame and just hold on to that thought for a while.

Rachel Maddow Plagiarized My Blog! - Michael Rodgers - Open Salon

Maddcow is nothing more than a left wing pot stirrer

day in and day that is all that station is

it should be shunned

The OP source: rare.us/story

Mr. Wallace is the host of Rare talk radio, and is a father, writer and "liberty "propagandist." He currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Rachel Maddow has been accused of plagiarism too

bripat has been accused of plagiarizing WHO communist-front propaganda mills

I wouldn't call what the OP article is about "plagiarism" as in copying word for word a story, more just having the same comparison to a 1979 oil leak and the 2010 deepwater horizon leak. The fact that both of them used the same comparison alone isn't enough to claim plagiarism

Forum List

Back