Rachel Maddow - Excellent Point

Nobody watches Maddow except the hyper-partisan left. She pulls zero new viewers. Its like standing at the water cooler in the morning and saying, "Hey........catch the Religion Channel last night?":D

One more reason to watch the RM Show. Still the most informed, thorough and entertaining news show on cable.
It is unfortunate yet understandable why the willfully ignorant choose to attack her and demean her; congitive dissonance hurts.

she's like most of the other talking heads on both sides.

not quite as shrill most of the time, but every bit as opinionated and prone to telling only one side of the story.

*shrug*

I agree.

I don’t watch MSNBC nearly as much as other channels but, when I’ve seen her show, I found Maddow to be no better (or worse) than the other talking heads.

She is certainly not above using her air time to “teach” her audience the “correct” interpretation of the stories she covers. But, I don’t fault her because I believe that’s exactly what she’s being paid to do.

That said, I have also seen her on other people's shows to debate the liberal side of an argument and I think she does very well in that setting.

One more reason to watch the RM Show. Still the most informed, thorough and entertaining news show on cable.
It is unfortunate yet understandable why the willfully ignorant choose to attack her and demean her; congitive dissonance hurts.

Oh...I see....sort of like Glenn Beck??? :)

No. Rachael Maddow's CV has been posted above; Glen Bech's CV is well known too.
Those who don't see a significant difference are either willfully ignorant or stupid.

I was joking...i know they are nothing alike. She's the liberals version of Beck. The same thing you said here is what us Beck watchers say about him...

What I don't understand is . . . why didn't the WH just sit on releasing any details until they were certain/until they knew what the information was? "He was armed", "he was unarmed"; "yes we're definitely going to release a pic of the dead OBL", "no, the WH has decided not to release the pic". Why not just say "details will be released soon" or "a decision hasn't been made yet" and go with that until they were certain of the details or until a decision was made?

Oh...I see....sort of like Glenn Beck??? :)

No. Rachael Maddow's CV has been posted above; Glen Bech's CV is well known too.
Those who don't see a significant difference are either willfully ignorant or stupid.

I was joking...i know they are nothing alike. She's the liberals version of Beck. The same thing you said here is what us Beck watchers say about him...

She is way more sane, educated and intelligent. - No question.

Last edited:

:lol: That's not saying much. Maddow is a loon and a hypocrite.

It's funny to hear Rachel Maddow warn against using political posturing tied to "expired detailed reporting" because you might look foolish. Can somebody get her a mirror? (She is a "she," right?)

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[15] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University

She is a Rhodes Scholar, Stanford, Oxford, and you know, the whole doctor of politics thingy.....but duh, she be a lezbian so I wont watch or listen to her.

Damn.

Since when did a lot of education make somebody smart? And who cares if she's a lesbian? My comment about her gender is simply that I can't tell most of the time. Why does a woman want to look like a man? I mean, seriously, does this not look like a man to you?

rachel-maddow.jpg

To each his own, I guess. It still doesn't make her less of a loon.

It's funny to hear Rachel Maddow warn against using political posturing tied to "expired detailed reporting" because you might look foolish. Can somebody get her a mirror? (She is a "she," right?)

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[15] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University

She is a Rhodes Scholar, Stanford, Oxford, and you know, the whole doctor of politics thingy.....but duh, she be a lezbian so I wont watch or listen to her.

Damn.

Since when did a lot of education make somebody smart? And who cares if she's a lesbian? My comment about her gender is simply that I can't tell most of the time. Why does a woman want to look like a man? I mean, seriously, does this not look like a man to you?

rachel-maddow.jpg

Education doesn't make one smart. She just is though.

I think she's cute and quirky looking. It's her look.

Damn.

rachel-maddow.jpg

Maddow has a bigger Man-Crush on Obama than Chris Matthews.

Damn.

rachel-maddow.jpg

Again, to each his own. The problem I have with Maddow is she is a rabid leftwing partisan which means she doesn't always see things clearly. What is funny is that even though the video in the OP is right on the money, she's basically talking about herself because she is a major hypocrite. If she would just try to see things as they are and not through leftwing glasses, she might at least appear to be intelligent.

What I don't understand is . . . why didn't the WH just sit on releasing any details until they were certain/until they knew what the information was? "He was armed", "he was unarmed"; "yes we're definitely going to release a pic of the dead OBL", "no, the WH has decided not to release the pic". Why not just say "details will be released soon" or "a decision hasn't been made yet" and go with that until they were certain of the details or until a decision was made?
That would make too much sense.

Well, whatever....lol!

A "Chin" ook?

It's a "SHA" nook.

But, what do you expect from someone who's only been a fan of the military for a day or two.

way to see the big picture :thup:

:rofl:

What big picture?

She's attempting to discuss a military operation and one-minute into it, mispronounces the name of the helicopter? Her credibility is shit to me.

She also appears to be a bull dyke.

These are very important points and debate wise blow her arguments out of the water. Socrates would be proud of you.....you debate king you.

What is bigoted about my statement that "she" appears "manly," you race-bating moron?

LOL. You are dumber than even I think you are. What do you thin...err... believe the noun bigot describes?

I understand the word perfectly, you public-school educated dolt.
She appears manly. That's my observation.
Do you feel she doesn't? If so - that's your opinion.

You're an embarrassment to this message board. You have never offered anything of substance, and this is just another example.

Whether it's Rachel Maddow, Madelyn Albright, Hillary Clinton, Helen Thomas - what does their looks have to do with the quality of their intelligence? And why does the fringe elements of the extreme rightwing focus on looks? Condi Rice and Liz Cheney will never win any beauty contests, but I do not remember the leftwing constantly using their looks as an argument against their politics.

You say that you spent time on a flight deck, so I have to assume you are at least in your 20s. When are you going to grow up?

Forum List

Back