Race Baiter's Plan Foiled By Police Camera

Hey, the guy's just trying to leverage the current pathetic state of affairs in America.

The predictable manifestation of the divisive culture the Left has created.

Not the first time, I'm sure, nor the last.

No comments from the PC Police yet, I notice.

They're still plotting their strategy of how to derail the thread.

Sure beats looking in the mirror.

Say what?

Hey, the guy's just trying to leverage the current pathetic state of affairs in America.

Here we go with this lame crap.

Okay, I watched both tapes, just not seeing what the big discrepency is.

The cop did draw down on a man and two kids.
Did he have his weapon drawn?

You really can't tell from that tape. In fact, the camera is aimed at the wall for about half of it.

The only thing that struck me is that they claimed the cop didn't apologize but he clearly did after he ascertained their identity.
And all appeared to be fine with the firefighter.

Yes, I can see that.

But imagine you are that firefighter. You get home. Adreniline calms down, and you realize, shit, that cop came maybe that close to maybe shooting me and one of my kids because I just happened to be black at the wrong time and place. I think that's the issue here. That police often assume blacks are perpetrators until proven otherwise.

So I can see where the firefighter should have been a little upset.

"Lame", yet you folks always get so defensive.

Maybe not so "lame".

Looks like a perception problem that turned into race-baiting.

The cam confirms the first half of the firefighter's story: that he had correctly identified himself as a firefighter who worked right there. You can also hear one of children starting to cry. And the boys also had their hands up. The police officer did tell them to put their hands up. That is, of course, standard police work. So, no big deal.

It's the second half of the vid where the firefighter's story doesn't match up. The cop did apologize and the firefighter seemed cool with it. The entire incident took under 5 minutes, so I just don't see the big deal in it.

The firefighter should never have gone to the press with this.

I must agree with the OP: this is indeed a form of race-baiting and was totally stupid.

There are millions of cops out there putting their lives on the line for we the people, the last thing they need is this stuff as well.

Race should never have been an issue here. Badly lit street, at night, someone in a public garage.... the cop did his job.

You really can't tell from that tape. In fact, the camera is aimed at the wall for about half of it.

The only thing that struck me is that they claimed the cop didn't apologize but he clearly did after he ascertained their identity.

Yes, I can see that.

But imagine you are that firefighter. You get home. Adreniline calms down, and you realize, shit, that cop came maybe that close to maybe shooting me and one of my kids because I just happened to be black at the wrong time and place. I think that's the issue here. That police often assume blacks are perpetrators until proven otherwise.

There was a report of a break in, and they were there. I do not see where their race had anything to do with it. He followed procedure, and he was polite.

Yes, I can see that.

Except in this case, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the color of the man (and his sons) discovered by the officer is his response to a call pertaining to a possible burglary. The man ASSUMED that because the officer was white that he was racist. Had the officer been black, I doubt any of this would have come to TV.

Looks like a perception problem that turned into race-baiting.

The cam confirms the first half of the firefighter's story: that he had correctly identified himself as a firefighter who worked right there. You can also hear one of children starting to cry. And the boys also had their hands up. The police officer did tell them to put their hands up. That is, of course, standard police work. So, no big deal.

It's the second half of the vid where the firefighter's story doesn't match up. The cop did apologize and the firefighter seemed cool with it. The entire incident took under 5 minutes, so I just don't see the big deal in it.

The firefighter should never have gone to the press with this.

I must agree with the OP: this is indeed a form of race-baiting and was totally stupid.

There are millions of cops out there putting their lives on the line for we the people, the last thing they need is this stuff as well.

Race should never have been an issue here. Badly lit street, at night, someone in a public garage.... the cop did his job.

Yes, I can see that.

There was a report of a break in, and they were there. I do not see where their race had anything to do with it. He followed procedure, and he was polite.

Right.

The cam did not show whether his gun was up or not, but the assumption is that it would be up, otherwise, he would not be doing his job. Standard police procedure.

"Lame", yet you folks always get so defensive.

Maybe not so "lame".

Hiya Mac.

You haven't commented on the fact that several lefty's have joined this discussion and have condemned the actions of the firefighter. What gives?

Interesting, you said that the police officer "did draw down on a man and two kids" yet now admit you don't know if he did or not. Why do you do that?

Interesting, you said that the police officer "did draw down on a man and two kids" yet now admit you don't know if he did or not. Why do you do that?
I did not say he drew down on them, just the opposite. If you took more time reading, you would not have to write such posts.

I'm saying you can't tell from the tape. The gun isn't in frame.

The three people who had a gun aimed at them said he did and the police haven't denied he did.

Frankly, this thread was presented as the people involved made "race baiting claims" (in short, they didn't like having a gun aimed at his kids, and neither would you.)

But it's okay to draw a gun on them. They're black.

I did not say he drew down on them, just the opposite. If you took more time reading, you would not have to write such posts.

This is what was posted to which I was commenting. I was not commenting on what you posted.

"Okay, I watched both tapes, just not seeing what the big discrepency is.

The cop did draw down on a man and two kids."

This is what you posted.

Um, no, that's what I posted, not "No Nukes".

This is what was posted to which I was commenting. I was not commenting on what you posted.

Sorry, thought you were talking to me.

The three people who had a gun aimed at them said he did and the police haven't denied he did.

Frankly, this thread was presented as the people involved made "race baiting claims" (in short, they didn't like having a gun aimed at his kids, and neither would you.)

From the video, it looked very dark. The cop was on his own.

I agree that minorities get picked on at times by the police when they have done nothing wrong. I just do not think that this was one of those instances.

From the video, it looked very dark. The cop was on his own.

I agree that minorities get picked on at times by the police when they have done nothing wrong. I just do not think that this was one of those instances.

Minorities commit a disproportionate amount of the crime hence the reason why, its not about race. This firefighter is fishing for money or fame and got bitch slapped by the cops video. Has the cop's video been featured on the nightly news?

Forum List

Back