Quote function screwed up

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
When you use the quote function it is screwed up this morning. Look at my thread about Hypocrites to see what I mean. On my quote I tried to fix it a little.

The quote function now quotes more than just the quote above your post. YOu have to go through and clean out the extraneous text, ensuring that ONLY the person whose name you want is listed in the <quote="useridnumber"> and that there is only one </quote> at the end of his/her comments.

User error. Then again, it could be your isp.

Ok you dumb shit explain how it is user error if I click on quote and it comes out wrong? And since Editec's post above my is wrong I guess he did it wrong too? Right?

As a matter of fact, "dumbshit", that's exactly right.

Once one person screws up a quote, and doesn't fix it, anyone replying to it via quote ALSO gets screwed up, unless it gets fixed.

Learn HTML.

Ok you dumb shit explain how it is user error if I click on quote and it comes out wrong? And since Editec's post above my is wrong I guess he did it wrong too? Right?

Once one person screws up a quote, and doesn't fix it, anyone replying to it via quote ALSO gets screwed up, unless it gets fixed.

Learn HTML.
actually, it isnt HTML, its BB code
HTML code is disabled on most forums for security reasons

Well, since you asked so nicely...Editec tried to edit out things from what he quoted and failed, so when you quoted Edi's mess up it also came out as a mess up.

Good thing you like me, RGS, otherwised I'd be upset with your pet names for me, you developmentally challenged moron.

Learn HTML.
actually, it isnt HTML, its BB code
HTML code is disabled on most forums for security reasons

When I started playing wth HTML, I don't think BB code even existed. Therefore, the commands at my fingertips will still be referred to as HTML, since that's what I learned them as. BB forums simply doesn't allow ALL of the HTML commands to be used.

It's a simple process for them actually. I know how to do it with PHP for my own sites.

It takes formatting codes using the brackets like [+B+] and replaces them with the HMTL code when viewed like <+B+> after stripping all (or most depending on how you set it) the HTML code.

As for the quoting being messed up, a lot of people are messing up the quotes themselves either by deleting the one part but not the matching tag or accidentally getting other tags inside the quote ones (like bold). Sorry, too lazy to find out specifically what mess up you are talking about.

Forum List

Back