Questions for Republicans, Conservatives, RINOs, Tea Partiers, et al:

For Republicans and RINO's:
If an anti-establishment candidate (like Trump or Cruz) gets nominated, will you vote for him?
No. I'll definitely vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee, and probably for the Libertarian candidate if Cruz is the nominee. If Sanders and Trump are the nominees, I'll vote Libertarian.
Wow!

Great, thanks.

If an anti-establishment candidate (like Trump or Cruz) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers:
If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?
i disagree that cruz isn't establishment.

oh honey... lol
he might still be establishment in canada though. heh

well, at least you're consistent lol

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers: If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

No. Not under any circumstances. We've made ut clear over the last 2 Presidential Elections that we will not support a non-Conservative candidate. The Republican Party can now stew in its own blood if they still haven't gotten the message.

that's false. conservatives voted for romney while holding their noses. but they voted. this fantasy that if an extremist is nominated that suddenly enough of "the base" will vote to carry an extremist rightwinger to the presidency is fantasy.
Correct.

Given how the EC works, the republican candidate will always need a significant number of weak democrats and democratic-leaning independents to abandon the democratic nominee to win, something that won't happen for Trump or Cruz.

Trump will be very attractive to working class dems, especially the whites, and Rust Belt.

No.

I'll definitely vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee, and probably for the Libertarian candidate if Cruz is the nominee. If Sanders and Trump are the nominees, I'll vote Libertarian.

I'd almost certainly vote for Rubio if he is the nominee.

It has nothing to do with those two being outsiders.

Trump does not have the temperament or the skills to be President. I also think he'd risk a serious global economic crisis with his proposal to slap 45% tariffs on Mexico and China, even if it's "just" brinkmanship and a negotiating ploy as some of his supporters claim. Plus, he's an embarrassment who speaks before he thinks and can't keep his ego in check.

Cruz hasn't demonstrated that he can work with anyone in Washington, and his threats of shutting down the government are irresponsible.

The insane Trade Deficits/outsourcing we have been running ARE the serious global economic crisis.

No. I'll definitely vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee, and probably for the Libertarian candidate if Cruz is the nominee. If Sanders and Trump are the nominees, I'll vote Libertarian.
Wow!

Great, thanks.

And thus we see that it is the moderates who are throwing the conservatives and the GOP under the bus.

If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

I would likely vote for Rubio but Cruz is my choice

-Geaux

Wow! Great, thanks.
And thus we see that it is the moderates who are throwing the conservatives and the GOP under the bus.
From what I can tell, the moderates and the conservatives are wrestling on the street and the bus is rolling over both of them.

[......idiological "purity" is something only the extremes of either party believe in. and most people aren't extremists,

Thats because the vast majority of Americans don't actually believe in snything these days. Morals are, at best, a vague concept with no concrete expectations.

-Geaux
I'd love to know how many conservatives would vote for Rubio but not admit it.

There's the inter-party battle, and then there's the electoral battle.

Correct.

Given how the EC works, the republican candidate will always need a significant number of weak democrats and democratic-leaning independents to abandon the democratic nominee to win, something that won't happen for Trump or Cruz.

Fine. Then maybe it's time again to vote wurh our rifles like in 17u5 and 1861.

-Geaux
I'd love to know how many conservatives would vote for Rubio but not admit it.

There's the inter-party battle, and then there's the electoral battle.

Rome needs rebuilt and we can't allow the further decay of what at least I used to remember America as being. That means NO Hillary, whatever it takes.

-Geaux

Rome needs rebuilt and we can't allow the further decay of what at least I used to remember America as being. That means NO Hillary, whatever it takes.
Regarding those conservatives who would not vote for a RINO, would you say they're willing to be nihilistic, just let the place burn down and clean it up afterwards?

Is that their philosophy at this point?

[......idiological "purity" is something only the extremes of either party believe in. and most people aren't extremists,

Thats because the vast majority of Americans don't actually believe in snything these days. Morals are, at best, a vague concept with no concrete expectations.

i believe in a lot of things. and those beliefs are strong. they are not necessarily governed by right or left. i was listening to s discussion about this subject yesterday. the extreme right is more "purist". democrats believe in moving forward and that means you might not get what you want at all times.

to me the former is childish. the latter is how grown-ups do things. that's just my opinion.

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers: If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

No. Not under any circumstances. We've made ut clear over the last 2 Presidential Elections that we will not support a non-Conservative candidate. The Republican Party can now stew in its own blood if they still haven't gotten the message.

that's false. conservatives voted for romney while holding their noses. but they voted. this fantasy that if an extremist is nominated that suddenly enough of "the base" will vote to carry an extremist rightwinger to the presidency is fantasy.

It also energises the base in the opposing party... But the big damage is the independents who ask themselves how could a main stream party vote for such a loon..

The insane Trade Deficits/outsourcing we have been running ARE the serious global economic crisis.

The world cannot run a trade deficit and thus can't contribute to a global economic crisis.

That America runs a trade deficit is neither inherently good nor bad. Because we run a trade deficit, we also - must - run a capital surplus. That means foreigners invest more here than we invest abroad, which means more jobs than otherwise would exist.

Outsourcing is not a serious global economic crisis. It's a crisis to those who used to work in manufacturing and now work for lower wages elsewhere, people who are mostly unskilled and semi-skilled labor without a college degree. Outsourcing is a boon to the owner's of capital, who are mostly American.

Forum List

Back