Questions for Republicans, Conservatives, RINOs, Tea Partiers, et al:

I will not vote for Trump, Hillary or The Bern. I'm a South Carolinian, so my non vote for Trump won't matter.

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers: If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

No. Not under any circumstances. We've made ut clear over the last 2 Presidential Elections that we will not support a non-Conservative candidate. The Republican Party can now stew in its own blood if they still haven't gotten the message.

For Republicans and RINO's:
If an anti-establishment candidate (like Trump or Cruz) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers:
If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?
i disagree that cruz isn't establishment.

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers: If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

No. Not under any circumstances. We've made ut clear over the last 2 Presidential Elections that we will not support a non-Conservative candidate. The Republican Party can now stew in its own blood if they still haven't gotten the message.

that's false. conservatives voted for romney while holding their noses. but they voted. this fantasy that if an extremist is nominated that suddenly enough of "the base" will vote to carry an extremist rightwinger to the presidency is fantasy.

Moderate GOP are idealogically closer to Hillary than Cruz or Trump...

because other than on social justice issues, hillary is pretty moderate. and actual conservatives are pretty close on certain issues... but not the social justice issues.

Agree with you on that, but reality has to kick in... In Social Justice, what was the big difference between Bush and Obama... Most of it is in the Supreme Court... Socially the next PResident could end up assigning 4 SC justices, that is what this fight could be about.

because other than on social justice issues, hillary is pretty moderate.

Which still makes her a Liberal since the only two options are Conservative and Liberal. "Miderate" us code for Liberal without the balls to admit it.

there are not "two options". there is a range of opinion. there is nuance. there is say, someone like me being moderate on issues of war and peace but leaning left on social justice issues. and even on those issues, there is a range of opinion.

idiological "purity" is something only the extremes of either party believe in. and most people aren't extremists,

If an anti-establishment candidate (like Trump or Cruz) gets nominated, will you vote for him?

For Conservatives and Tea Partiers:
If an establishment candidate (Rubio or, uh, Kasich) gets nominated, will you vote for him?
Yes to both. This election is to keep a liar or a commie out of the WH..

Moderate GOP are idealogically closer to Hillary than Cruz or Trump...

because other than on social justice issues, hillary is pretty moderate. and actual conservatives are pretty close on certain issues... but not the social justice issues.

Agree with you on that, but reality has to kick in... In Social Justice, what was the big difference between Bush and Obama... Most of it is in the Supreme Court... Socially the next PResident could end up assigning 4 SC justices, that is what this fight could be about.

we are in agreement. the fight is about who appoints the justices.

to me, that issue matters more than almost anything else. the right has known this for decades while democrats have stared into the air and said "oh, justice will prevail and no one will overturn the existing decisions". well, that's silliness. of course decisions can be overturned. it was only in the '70's that anti-miscegenation laws were struct down; only in the 70's that laws prohibiting the purchase of contraceptives were struck down. roe v wade is hanging on by a thread because the right was smart enough to put their people in all of the positions that matter in most states.

under the scalia era court, we were told that corporations are people; that essentially election finance reform is illegal and that corporations (a legal fiction devised for the purpose of obtaining jurisdiction in law suits) have religion. and whether we come down on the same side of those issues or opposite sides, we agree that those are the things that people should be thinking about.

that's false. conservatives voted for romney while holding their noses. but they voted. this fantasy that if an extremist is nominated that suddenly enough of "the base" will vote to carry an extremist rightwinger to the presidency is fantasy.
Correct.

Given how the EC works, the republican candidate will always need a significant number of weak democrats and democratic-leaning independents to abandon the democratic nominee to win, something that won't happen for Trump or Cruz.

No.

I'll definitely vote for Hillary if Trump is the nominee, and probably for the Libertarian candidate if Cruz is the nominee. If Sanders and Trump are the nominees, I'll vote Libertarian.

I'd almost certainly vote for Rubio if he is the nominee.

It has nothing to do with those two being outsiders.

Trump does not have the temperament or the skills to be President. I also think he'd risk a serious global economic crisis with his proposal to slap 45% tariffs on Mexico and China, even if it's "just" brinkmanship and a negotiating ploy as some of his supporters claim. Plus, he's an embarrassment who speaks before he thinks and can't keep his ego in check.

Cruz hasn't demonstrated that he can work with anyone in Washington, and his threats of shutting down the government are irresponsible.

Forum List

Back