Question:What GOP Ticket Is Obama's Worst Nightmare? Trump/Gingrich?

:razz:
There are a few possibilities out there,especially if Donald Trump decides to run. Trump alone will "Trump Obama in 2012". With a VP like Ryan,Thune,Gingrich or Huckabee,that would just put Obama/Biden in severe panic mode come fall of 2012. In your opinion,what ticket would have the Obama Campaign in such dire straights that they will stoop once again to registering animals,cartoon characters,football players and dead people?:cuckoo:

What is it about Trump that you think will help this country? He's a low level Billionaire who has failed in business as many times as he's succeeded. He has absolutely no political experience. No legislative experience. No consensus building experience that I've heard of. He's a self serving autocrat. While Obama has been a disappointment, especially to those of us who bought into the whole "change" thing. He will win in '12 for two reasons.
1. The House Republicans are rapidly reminding us why we can NEVER trust Republicans.
2. Incumbents rarely ever loose unless the economy crashes. The economy has been on the mend for 2 years and should continue that track.

Keep thinkin' that RW.

I believe folks like RW and Elephantmcdork are constantly trying to convince themselves that O will win in 12. I don't see a super strong candidate in the field, currently but I'm not so sure a mediocre candidate couldn't beat O with the economy in a mess. It'll be musical presidents, congress until economy truly starts to grow and unemployment really drops.

I think he will win, and I loathe the guy.

He's become the feel good moderate, here to save the day. Did you know he went to Church recently?

Campaign mode. And people are ridiculously stupid and or gullible by and large.

Yeah. Poor Newt wasn't responsible for his ethical/personal shortcomings.

The nasty Democrats made him fuck around on his wife with his secretary.

As bad as Newt would be, Trump would be even better. He is a cartoon character with more skeletons than can be imagined

He's also not as successful of a businessman as he portrays himself to be. He's been flat busted several times.

I don't think Trump will risk his ego getting bruised.

That being said, Obama wasn't the moderate he pretended to be. One only needed to look at his record, and his million-dollar-a-day earmark spending while in office prior to winning.

Obama is far moderate than normal Americans thought he would be. I agree, Prov, that Trump will not threaten his ego unless it is a last minute draft. Who knows?

The worst nightmare ticket for Obama would be Romney/Palin.

Most all republicans and some others could find a reason to vote for one of them.

i disagree. I think romney voters would stay home and hide under their beds rather than pull a lever that would put the tweeting twit in the line of succession.

Obama is enough of a motivation for people to go vote, regardless of who is on the ticket.

The worst nightmare ticket for Obama would be Romney/Palin.

Most all republicans and some others could find a reason to vote for one of them.

i disagree. I think romney voters would stay home and hide under their beds rather than pull a lever that would put the tweeting twit in the line of succession.

Obama is enough of a motivation for people to go vote, regardless of who is on the ticket.

not really. again, i'll remind you that his approval rating is still at about the numbers that elected him.

so it seems to me that the rabid response of the right to him isn't going to be any different than what occurred in election 2008. obviously, things can change between now and the next election, but if this election cycle is any indication, the repubs aren't going to pick anyone sane enough or centrist enough to win a national election.

Obama is far moderate than normal Americans thought he would be. I agree, Prov, that Trump will not threaten his ego unless it is a last minute draft. Who knows?

good grief Jake, you just KEEP trying to sell that one.
and do tell us what the hell is NORMAL Americans? Is that like "Responsible" Republicans.?
You come up with some of the funniest shit.

not really. again, i'll remind you that his approval rating is still at about the numbers that elected him.

so it seems to me that the rabid response of the right to him isn't going to be any different than what occurred in election 2008. obviously, things can change between now and the next election, but if this election cycle is any indication, the repubs aren't going to pick anyone sane enough or centrist enough to win a national election.

I already posted that I think O will win again. I don't think that those that are motivated will be enough to overtake him. Those that hate him...well, a dog could run and they would still go vote.

The only slight problem O has is his loss of moderates. But he is pandering, and bluffing once again. It will be enough to win them back steadily until the election.

He's also targeting the young voters, which is smart.

Are we allowed to say "targeting" yet?

and do tell us what the hell is NORMAL Americans? Is that like "Responsible" Republicans.?

Stephanie, you can't get out of the corner because you keep turning around.

You are not moderate, you are not conservative, you are batshit crazy far far to the right. :lol:

You are not moderate, you are not conservative, you are batshit crazy far far to the right. :lol:

you rubbed off on me my dear.:lol::tongue:

you rubbed off on me my dear.:lol::tongue:

You are my demon inner self, you little devil :lol:

I don't think there is anybody from the GOP that can beat Obama.

That's because you, like others on the left, including Obama have this vice called Pride.

That is just plain stupid. Pride?? What are you talking about. I doubt if you even know. Just say anything that comes to mind to insult Obama and his supporters. At least when we criticized George Bush we knew what we were talking about and didn't have to make things up.

Avatar4321 is one of the most prideful folks on the thread. Hey, Avi, explain to the board your concept of what will happen "when the Constitution hangs by a thread." You condemning pride in others is no more logical than a cat condemning another cat for killing a bird.

Jeb Bush/Michelle Bachmann with a promise to appoint John Bolton as Secretary of State.

Hey, why not? As I see it, this next general election is the Tea Party enhanced GOP's to loose. The left points to the ‘Division in the GOP’! But, what are they arguing about? It seems they hear the electorate’s call for major cuts in and downsizing of government and are trying to out do each other in the amounts to be cut. The Party in charge of the White House and Senate seem marginalized and reduced to making silly comparisons between Reagan/Obama and being the party of saying ‘NO’ to efforts to repeal Obamacare. I predicted that Obamacare would be the issue for the GOP to run on in 2010 but Pelosi’s counsel about passing it to see what’s in it has come true and has transformed Obamacare into an important 2012 election issue too.

Trump’s chances of getting the nod are the same as he says Paul’s are: not going to happen.

Romney is the only Republican who will get beat because of Obamacare being so unpopular. During the 2012 campaign Obama will ask, about a GOP Mitt candidancy: “What are the Republicans complaining about my health care bill for? They nominated a guy that agrees with me; just look at the healthcare bill he signed in MA!”

Of course, even conservative pundits give President Obama a better than even chance of re-election, but even that opinion seems to be driven, mostly, by the fact that it is, historically, extremely difficult to unseat an incumbent President…but not impossible. So what determines? “Well, dear people, events.” (I paraphrase some English guy’s quote)

So, let’s examine some stuff.

Domestically, Americans are very concerned about the weak economy and unemployment and underemployment (9% and 16% respectfully). The underemployment figure is most telling because it reveals that we now have many citizens that have been out of work for over two years (27 months, but who is counting?). Obama has continually blamed the bad economy on the past Bush administration. Recently, (well, after 2 yrs of such rhetoric anyway) the administration has dialed back these excuses but this doesn't (in the public's eyes) warrant the legislative and executive abrogation towards solving the economy problem. The public has seen massive, and time consuming, legislative efforts towards ‘Comprehensive Health Care’ and ‘Financial Reform’ of big banks (Note here that Wall Street Banks’ et al donations towards the Dems was 67% of their total political donations for the 2008 elections. Also President Obama's regulators have tried to take over the internet (see FCC's efforts towards Net Neutrality [ Tech at Night: Net Neutrality Reactions | RedState ]) and invoke cap and trade carbon (EPA) policies by fiat. His DOJ has refused to prosecute fully, Federal election laws and even legally attack those states that felt it necessary to protect their borders with Mexico.

Every so often the administration notifies us it will 'pivot' to jobs and the economy when everybody in America knows that this should have been the Obama's administration's intial and most important initiative from day one. The latest of these WTF (No, No...Win The Freedom here) moments came in his latest SOTU speech where he now is, finally, following through on...High Speed Rail!

We all know that Obama won the 2008 campaign through the support of Independent voters. But, 2010 has seen a declarative shift in voters; 42% now claim the conservative label. ( In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals ) Interestingly, although the liberals lost 2% of this population, that 2% have moved to the right so that Independent ranks have increased. We also know that among the most damaging issues to the Dems in the 2010's was the passage of Obamacare and the Dems refusal to address the problem of the economy and the stimulus that seemed to add to the unemployment problem. Simply put, unlike Clinton's re-election, Obama's will have to deal with an widely unpopular health care law ( Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™ ) passed in the dead of night by legal but questionable parliamentary procedures through the efforts of the party he currently leads. Clinton had the good fortune to be able to walk away from HillaryCare after its defeat and move to the center. Even if Obama wanted to follow Bubba’s move to the center (and all indications are he will not), he still has his Obamacare albatross come the 2012 general election.

Further, because of Obamacare the President will have a devil of a time winning independents in 2012 because 70% oppose Obamacare and realize that it cannot see the repeal of a bill that will kill their present insurance or raise its cost and raise the federal deficit in the offing while Obama is still a sitting President ( 70 Percent of Independents Support Repeal | The Weekly Standard ). Moreover, 54% favor the right of states to opt out of Obamacare. Additionally 61% feel the waivers to Obamacare given to some but not others represent some sort of basic unfairness demonstrated by the Administration. ( Majority of Voters Still Question Health Care Waivers, Think They Should Be Given To All - Rasmussen Reports™ )

The long and short of it is that if Obama wants to be elected he will have to embrace the opposite fiscal and spending policies of a increasingly statist Democratic Party ( Democratic Leadership Council, a voice of party centrism, closes its doors - Los Angeles Times ) , help the GOP repeal Obamacare and actually behave like Clinton and not just hire some underlings who worked with Slick Willie. However, Obama would be well advised to stay away from the female interns unless he wants to have wife Michelle attempt to throw a can of Pepsi Max upside his head.

Although a secondary thought to most Americans, Obama and his administration's Foreign Policy seems, to many, Carteresque. If in late 2012 the Muslim Brotherhood has become a political force in Egypt, those comparisons regarding Obama will refer, not to Reagan, but Jimmy Carter. His world apology tour, dissing of long term allies, bowing and scraping before medieval tyrants in the Middle East and wanta-be Marxist dictators (although maybe Obama's on to something here [ Marxist Democrat Cringes As Russian Immigrants Compare Communism to…Democrats! | RedState ] and, especially, Obama’s dissonance regarding the freedom movements of Honduras, Iran, and Egypt that call into question this President's belief in his country's value’s and principles to the world, will not work towards his re-election in 2012.

Add the liberal media’s adherence to the Taranto principle ( The American Spectator : The Taranto Principle ) , the GOP’s invigoration by way of the Tea Party’s demanding of the following of the Founder’s values, and a successful refinancing of the RNC (with a new Chairman at the helm) it is a good time to be a happy conservative warrior!:eusa_eh:

JM

The left is gloating that Obama leads all challengers, but given that almost no Republican candidate is known by the general population his lead is actually remarkably weak. However, the Republicans do have the incredible ability to pick just a bad candidate and save his bacon. See McCain, W, Dole or HW. I realize that's only six straight nominations and hardly constitutes a pattern, but still...

J<blah blah balh>Add the liberal media’s adherence to the Taranto principle . . . the GOP’s invigoration by way of the Tea Party’s demanding of the following of the Founder’s values, and a successful refinancing of the RNC (with a new Chairman at the helm) it is a good time to be a happy conservative warrior!:eusa_eh: JM

The responsible Republican middle is not going to let Sarah be the candidate or Michelle or you for that matter. It will be Romney or the center will vote for Obama.

JM, that is not going to change over the next 18 months.

Forum List

Back