Question mainly for men who are married or cohabitating with a woman

If your wife or girlfriend is offered a promotion and she would make more than you, should she

• Turn it down. I am the breadwinner.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take it, but it will bother me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take it! More for the household.

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • She shouldn't be working at all.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
married to the same man for 35 plus years...when we were young we really struggled....so all that has ever mattered to us was getting the bills paid and putting what we could back...the only time that things got hicky was when he was working for me..not a good combo...other than that...more money more money

Becky?

We've been on the self-employed scene for a long time. There's no time for a job ! I "worked" C-mess day. I worked on my new shop. She(they) made bread, ground sausage, made dog food, made farmer cheese, brined some hams. Then made some oatmeal/macadamia cookies. Eatin' one now !

If your spouse or partner were offered a job or a promotion in which she would make more than you, is that a problem? If so, why?

The year is 2017 not 1960 what kind of question is that?

A simple one. Given some of the posts I have seen on these forums, I am surprised that there have not been more negative responses about the wife earning more.

My gal made more than me when first together. Now married, I make more salary but no benefits.
Her job has great benefits and is now how I get health insurance.
Win, win for both of us.

Forum List

Back