Question for those who believe in climate change

I hug trees whenever possible

View attachment 803265

So, nothing, just as I expected.

Marvin, what are YOU personally doing to fight climate change? If, as I am almost certain, the answer is absolutely nothing, why the fuck would we need to justify ourselves to YOU?

You hoaxsters talk a good game, but you've got nothing to back it up.

You hoaxsters talk a good game, but you've got nothing to back it up.
Nothing?

Who the fuk cares about your stupid question repeated again and again and again?
You think that was profound?

Why don’t you just go back to posting non relevant pictures?

What if the switch to renewables actually saves money, as it is now demonstrably cheaper?
Iowa is 63% renewable, mostly wind. Going Higher. Not costing anything.
S Dakota 55%
Oklahoma 47%

The Farm and plains states love dotting their fields with Wind Turbines and getting 2k-12K each.
It's the newest Cash Crop.

Texas was the biggest adder of renewables last year TRIPLING CALIFORNIA.
The governor wants to put regs in stopping it from outdoing oil and gas.

I have several threads/OPs documenting renewables ARE Cheaper now, without subsidy.

Thanks for the Set up!

`

New Jersey’s Wind Giveaway Gets Worse​

Gov. Murphy is letting a company keep tax credits he promised to residents to offset higher energy costs.​

“Ratepayers are already paying higher costs on their electric bills to help fund the offshore wind farms,” said Mr. Durr. “Ørsted is realizing that wind farm projects don’t make economic sense without major government subsidies, so now they’re looking for a huge handout at the expense of utility customers.”

The new law attempts to mitigate the public cost by requiring that Ørsted set aside $200 million in escrow with the state. But even if those funds are returned directly to ratepayers, they amount to a fraction of Thursday’s giveaway.

Higher energy costs for wind? LOL!

I would say we are worth more credited to us than with having us called 'those who believe in climate change'. There is positive evidence for it, strongly, and with very sure explanation for it as from anthropogenic cause. It is not simply belief, or opinion. Yes, all should be doing things about it, and the huge rate of extinction of species that is happening. Am I doing something? I am poor, but I live doing something about it and I make the call to others, for what things are to be done. What about me? I am not driving, I do not have a vehicle I use, I live more simply than anyone I know, with any carbon footprint from me reduced as far as possible for me. Is it enough? If every person living now did that, would it be enough? With being in civilization, probably not. Where we are now we are not likely to make it with civilization. I don't communicate for others to live as I am living. I am communicating for others who hear to get out from civilization! I have been saying this a long while. We should get out from cities of civilization, with others, and live simply, with the least demand, on land away from cities, becoming independent from civilization, growing things for what is needed. Prepare to live in primitive ways. Civilization is headed for a great collapse, as crises are coming, greater than what has come.

What is your evidence that this is not so? No climate change? Or it does not have anything to do with us? Nothing, as I expected.

I have this text that I have as a copy I keep now.

When we see climate changing, we don't automatically jump on the human bandwagon, case closed. No, we rigorously examine and test all other reasons why climate could be changing: the sun, volcanoes, natural cycles, even something we don't know yet: could they be responsible?

Could it be the sun? No: the sun's energy has been going down at the very time that the average temperature of the planet continues to rise. Sun & climate: moving in opposite directions No, even a Grand Minimum wouldn't save us. RealClimate: What if the Sun went into a new Grand Minimum?

Could it be volcanoes? No: though a big eruption emits a lot of soot and particulates, these temporarily cool the planet. On average, all geologic activity, put together, emits only about 10% of the heat-trapping gases that humans do. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2011EO240001

Could it be orbital cycles? Are we just getting warmer after the last ice age? No: warming from the last ice age peaked 1000s of yrs ago, and the next event on our geologic calendar was another ice age: was, until the industrial revolution, that is. https://people.clas.ufl.edu/jetc/files/Tzedakis-et-al-2012.pdf

Could it be natural cycles internal to the climate system, like El Nino? No: those cycles simply move heat around the climate system, mostly back and forth between the atmosphere and ocean. They cannot CREATE heat. So if they were responsible for atmospheric warming, then the heat content of another part of the climate system wd have to be going down, while the heat content of the atmosphere was going up. Is this what we see? No: heat content is increasing across the entire climate system, ocean most of all! Nuccitelli et al 2012 Total Heat Content

Could it be cosmic rays? No. Cosmic Rays and Climate moving in opposite directions

How about the magnetic pole moving? Planet Niribu? Geoengineering? What about an unknown factor we don't know about yet? No. Testing for the Possible Influence of Unknown Climate Forcings upon Global Temperature Increases from 1950 to 2000

It has been known since the work of John Tyndall in the 1850s that CO2 absorbs and re-radiates infrared energy, and Eunice Foote was the first to suggest that higher CO2 levels would lead to a warmer planet, in 1856. No one has been able to explain how increasing levels of CO2, CH4 and other heat-trapping gases would not raise the temperature of the planet. Yet that must be done first, if we are to consider any other sources as "dominant". Moreover, when Rasmus Benestad and other scientists examined dozens of published papers claiming to minimize or eliminate the human role in climate change, they found errors in every single one. Hereâs what happens when you try to replicate climate contrarian papers | Dana Nuccitelli

Explaining how the water vapor greenhouse effect works

If you don't think humans are the dominant source of warming, you are making a statement that does not have a single factual or scientific leg to stand on. Yet leaders of science agencies are saying exactly that today. This is the world we live in.

Thanks to Katharine Hayhoe.

Forum List

Back