Question for those who believe in climate change

This question is for those who believe in climate change.

Is there any price not worth paying to try and decrease the global temperature? Is there a freedom you would not part with, a monetary price that is too high, or a moral boundary you would not cross to decrease population levels to try and achieve your climate utopian goals?
What if the switch to renewables actually saves money, as it is now demonstrably cheaper?
Iowa is 63% renewable, mostly wind. Going Higher. Not costing anything.
S Dakota 55%
Oklahoma 47%

The Farm and plains states love dotting their fields with Wind Turbines and getting 2k-12K each.
It's the newest Cash Crop.

Texas was the biggest adder of renewables last year TRIPLING CALIFORNIA.
The governor wants to put regs in stopping it from outdoing oil and gas.

I have several threads/OPs documenting renewables ARE Cheaper now, without subsidy.

Thanks for the Set up!

`

Last edited:
Vegas, apparently Salvation Army Sergeant Billy didn't really AMF you, because he keeps responding to your posts.
Hello :fu:

No, I will not change. The climate will change until planet Earth is consumed by the Sun.

This is the only truth about this BS of climate change.

UPWOrFl.png

"I" didn't do anything to destroy John McCain. I liked him. And thought he actually could have won had he not bowed to the right wing Christian fundamentalists and chosen the grass eating dog as his running mate. :)
Fission by its nature is dangerous and creates waste. These are not talking points. These are facts.

You right wingers demonstrate a LOT of fear in regard to discussing climate change. I've always wondered why. In Post #47, you start to come clean about your ultimate fears. But I believe white replacement is also one of your unsaid fears.

It's sad because this should be a topic that concerns everyone who wants to leave a better world to our children.
No, the Left tour John to shreds, I remember it. But then, you also lie nonstop as well.

It is true that you forgave McCain after he helped you tear Trump to shreds, but that is only because you don't give a damn about people, just power. you people would disembowel your own mothers if it meant the DNC winning the White House.

If you think I'm scared about the world ending you could not be more wrong, rather, but I'm not looking forward to all the needless suffering that will happen with power hungry Leftists in charge who will use it like they have all throughout history.

No other ideology has murdered more people last century than Marxism, not even close.

And with the advent of this new Climate Cult ideology, just imagine how much more Nazis would have been motivated last century to carry out their war crimes against humanity because they believed they were saving the planet earth by murdering Jews in mass.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”​

C.S. Lewis

This is the only truth about this BS of climate change.

UPWOrFl.png
Al Gore is the poster child for the vacuous hypocritical nature of the powers that be who are shoving this all down our throats. They preach to buy electric vehicles, yet they all drive gas powered SUV's and jet set around the world. Just one domestic plane ride equates to one years worth of carbon emissions driving an SUV, yet they fly more than they drive. They buy half a dozen mansions all around the world to heat and cool while they take gas stoves away from citizens and jack up their energy prices and property taxes so that they will be forced to buy a smaller dwelling, preferably one that is rented and very small.

A British court once declared his movie about climate change as full of untruthful propaganda.

But just like how Leftists and the rest of their cult members followed Fauci to the gates of hell itself taking his vaccines, they will do anything the powers that be tell them to do regarding climate change

ANYTHING!!

Jim Jones never had as much power over his followers.

And yes, I think they would even kill themselves if asked to do so.

Al Gore is the poster child for the vacuous hypocritical nature of the powers that be who are shoving this all down our throats. They preach to buy electric vehicles, yet they all drive gas powered SUV's and jet set around the world. Just one domestic plane ride equates to one years worth of carbon emissions driving an SUV, yet they fly more than they drive. They buy half a dozen mansions all around the world to heat and cool while they take gas stoves away from citizens and jack up their energy prices and property taxes so that they will be forced to buy a smaller dwelling, preferably one that is rented and very small.

A British court once declared his movie about climate change as full of untruthful propaganda.

But just like how Leftists and the rest of their cult members followed Fauci to the gates of hell itself taking his vaccines, they will do anything the powers that be tell them to do regarding climate change

ANYTHING!

You are right!

A select few, like Gore, get rich lying about climate change!

Disgusting human beings.

What if the switch to renewables actually saves money, as it is now demonstrably cheaper?
Iowa is 63% renewable, mostly wind. Going Higher. Not costing anything.
S Dakota 55%
Oklahoma 47%

The Farm and plains states love dotting their fields with Wind Turbines and getting 2k-12K each.
It's the newest Cash Crop.

Texas was the biggest adder of renewables last year TRIPLING CALIFORNIA.
The governor wants to put regs in stopping it from outdoing oil and gas.

I have several threads/OPs documenting renewables ARE Cheaper now, without subsidy.

Thanks for the Set up!

`

What if it actually costs more money?

The solution is to have people commit self genocide I think. Instead of the killing fields of Pol Pot, or the Holocaust, or the Stalinist regimes that murdered more than the two previous combined, I think the idea is to promote policies that lead to human demise, such as supporting such thigs as abortion, gay sex, gender transformation, drugs flowing across the border that murders about 200 people a day, or support economic policies of destruction, that leads to even more human misery and death.

Wow, seriously? You really think more people being gay now is a plot to eliminate people? Really?

I mean, you started out with a serious discussion about what is the cost of limiting climate change, but then you went full retard.

Never go full retard.

1688871487237.jpeg

Here's the underlying problem with the OP Premise.

It's not that we "can't afford" to fight climate change, it's that in the long term, we really don't have a choice.

In addition to the dangers of Climate Change, even if you want to be a Flat Earther and pretend that isn't a thing. The reality is that fossil fuels are finite. Probably only about 50 years before they are completely exhausted.

No, no, it's true

When I say those on the Left, what I mean is Leftists in power and the cult members like yourself who vote for them.

I could care less what you think, just like the people you vote for.
So you're saying that every Dem supports every position of every Dem in office? Very nuanced. Maybe if the Right offered less extreme candidates the country would be better off.

You are right!

A select few, like Gore, get rich lying about climate change!

Disgusting human beings.
Al Gore has been rich his entire life and he has not lied about global warming. A whole lot of your buddies here and the sources they like to put up have lied. Why don't you talk to them?

This question is for those who believe in climate change.

Is there any price not worth paying to try and decrease the global temperature? Is there a freedom you would not part with, a monetary price that is too high, or a moral boundary you would not cross to decrease population levels to try and achieve your climate utopian goals?

It's not a matter of believing in climate change or not. It's happening and that cannot be denied. The question is, is there anything we can do about it?

Personally, I believe much of what we see is cyclical (they once grew grapes in northern England). But I also believe it is the height of hubris to believe that what we as humans do while here has not effect on the climate at all. I see no reason why we shouldn't make efforts to mitigate our affecting things where we can, but the changes we make on the large scale, by governmental fiat if you will, need to be carefully considered.

It's not a matter of believing in climate change or not. It's happening and that cannot be denied. The question is, is there anything we can do about it?

Personally, I believe much of what we see is cyclical (they once grew grapes in northern England). But I also believe it is the height of hubris to believe that what we as humans do while here has not effect on the climate at all. I see no reason why we shouldn't make efforts to mitigate our affecting things where we can, but the changes we make on the large scale, by governmental fiat if you will, need to be carefully considered.
Exactly. When I was in college in the 80's, I had several professors who were studying climate change (in its infancy as a study) and the components that went into it. They all operated under the assumption that man exacerbated the shifts in climate. Those shifts occur naturally over time, however, man amplifies those shifts in climate and they become extreme...usually for the worse. Investing in and developing technology in renewables is a good start. Banning gas stoves and the like is counterproductive (until there is a suitable replacement for the masses at a decent cost).

Exactly. When I was in college in the 80's, I had several professors who were studying climate change (in its infancy as a study) and the components that went into it. They all operated under the assumption that man exacerbated the shifts in climate. Those shifts occur naturally over time, however, man amplifies those shifts in climate and they become extreme...usually for the worse. Investing in and developing technology in renewables is a good start. Banning gas stoves and the like is counterproductive (until there is a suitable replacement for the masses at a decent cost).
The Earth had been cooling for 5,000 years before AGW reversed the trend. We didn't amplify a natural trend, we overcame one.

... or a moral boundary you would not cross to decrease population levels ...

Using condoms or submitting to a vasectomy? ... that's immoral ...

... or do you mean immoral boundaries? ... the Bible calls for the death penalty for adulterers ... that would help decrease populations ... God's answer is always best ...

Using condoms or submitting to a vasectomy? ... that's immoral ...
You believe using condoms and vasectomies are immoral? Why?
... or do you mean immoral boundaries? ...
I don't understand what distinction you're trying to make.
the Bible calls for the death penalty for adulterers ...
The Bible provides a death penalty for a great many things.
that would help decrease populations ... God's answer is always best ...
I assume you're being facetious.

Forum List

Back