Question for the women

George W. Bush acknowledged that in 1976 he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his parents' home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Republican presidential candidate George W. Bush admits that he was arrested in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol near his parents' home in Kennebunkport, Maine

Bush, who was 30 at the time, pleaded guilty, paid a $150 fine and his driving privileges were temporarily suspended in Maine.

If you can't be civil, it least be accurate ....

you really have no cause to ask for civility being one of the ruder people on the board.

and oh no... I said the DWI was at 40.. the horror... Bush QUIT DRINKING at 40, hence the error. But how old was he when he quit coke? The point is, you all want a pass for him on everything but Snowman, who IS civil, btw, raised the plagarism issue, so I lightly responded. You can make it nasty if you choose. But that's on you.

Anyway:

Let's be realistic: The brouhaha over Dubya's DUI isn't about a 24-year-old drunk-driving bust. It's about how little American voters know about this man and the many questions about him that remain unanswered. When Gov. George W. Bush first hinted about a presidential run, the presidential scion was applauded for his candor about "his troubled youth." But questions about details were answered with "when I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible," a mantra that won him a bye on critical matters.Bush flatly refused to answer questions related to cocaine, though he was eager to talk about the redemption that led him to quit alcohol at age 40. Now we learn that when Bush spoke about seeing the light, he never mentioned that it was a flashing red one 10 years before he supposedly stopped drinking. In 1996, when he was called for jury duty, his attorney (whom Bush later made Supreme Court Justice Al Gonzales) argued that since the governor might be asked to grant clemency, the potential conflict should excuse him. And on his prospective juror form, Bush skipped questions about his criminal record.Once off the pool, reporters asked Bush about his own arrests, and the Washington Post quoted him saying: "I do not have a perfect record as a youth. When I was young, I did a lot of foolish things."

http://www.bushwatch.com/dwi2.htm

Note:

I didn't ask for civility....I ask you to be accurate....thats easier....

Forum List

Back