Question for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a rule that says that hijacking a thread is prohibited. I've simply enforced that rule and now people are mad because I'm enforcing the rule. LOL. Anyone who dislikes the rules should take it up with management. End of story.

Again, why should they when they can just PM and talk calmly?

What is the point of all this nonsense of being the tough guy?

I have never bothered Taz about any of this stupidity unless it has went to far, and even then why bother him.

You mods do what you want and if I do something stupid ( which I will ) I am sure Will will get me and slap me silly as usual!

I don't remember much of you at all, so.....I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, if you are heavily moderating the religion forum...GOOD. Keep doing it. That is what is needed in there. Depending, of course, which side of the fence you are moderating on.
The only thing I've done is to delete posts that were off-topic and which threatened to derail and hijack a thread.

Wait, behaving like a clown is the norm here, so you have to do better than that Taz!
The point is there have been a lot of complaints about trolls in the Religion Forum and going through several of the threads there it isn't hard to understand why. Nobody can have a conversation about Islam without the Christian Right jumping in and telling them how Mohammed's a child molester and fucks donkeys or whatever. Christians can't have a conversation about their various sects without atheists and others jumping in telling them how stupid and retarded they are to believe in magical sky fairies.

Nobody is saying you can't refute people's beliefs. We are very clearly and obviously asking that you do it civilly without being a trolling twat waffle, which I realize for many of you will be quite a challenge, so if you think you aren't capable of acting with maturity beyond that of the 2nd grade then maybe you just stay out of there and let people have their conversation.

This is not the first time we've done this. We had to do a similar crackdown on the Israel - Palestine forum years ago because it was being afflicted with the same problems.

Again, why should they when they can just PM and talk calmly?

What is the point of all this nonsense of being the tough guy?

I have never bothered Taz about any of this stupidity unless it has went to far, and even then why bother him.

You mods do what you want and if I do something stupid ( which I will ) I am sure Will will get me and slap me silly as usual!

I don't understand your issue. DontTazemebro asked me to help out with the forum by donating some time moderating. At first, I declined his offer but, after seeing his post about enforcing rules in the Religion forum, I reconsidered and accepted his offer to help. This community would not exist if nobody was willing to volunteer to moderate. Do you understand that? Again, I'm simply enforcing the rules that management laid out long ago. As I keep saying IF YOU DISLIKE THE RULES THEN TAKE IT UP WITH MANAGEMENT. Is that a difficult concept to understand? It's sort of like, if you dislike a law, write your congressman, don't bitch incessantly to the cop.

The point is there have been a lot of complaints about trolls in the Religion Forum and going through several of the threads there it isn't hard to understand why. Nobody can have a conversation about Islam without the Christian Right jumping in and telling them how Mohammed's a child molester and fucks donkeys or whatever. Christians can't have a conversation about their various sects without atheists and others jumping in telling them how stupid and retarded they are to believe in magical sky fairies.

Nobody is saying you can't refute people's beliefs. We are very clearly and obviously asking that you do it civilly without being a trolling twat waffle, which I realize for many of you will be quite a challenge, so if you think you aren't capable of acting with maturity beyond that of the 2nd grade then maybe you just stay out of there and let people have their conversation.

This is not the first time we've done this. We had to do a similar crackdown on the Israel - Palestine forum years ago because it was being afflicted with the same problems.
Well said. Simple concepts.

This is not the first time we've done this. We had to do a similar crackdown on the Israel - Palestine forum years ago because it being afflicted with the same problems.

Ok, but we all know the damn rules and shouldn’t have to be told a trillion times!

Also K9 will be fine and just ignore me because at times I just wonder why any moderator need to explain themself on the open board…

I don't understand your issue. DontTazemebro asked me to help out with the forum by donating some time moderating. At first, I declined his offer but, after seeing his post about enforcing rules in the Religion forum, I reconsidered and accepted his offer to help. This community would not exist if nobody was willing to volunteer to moderate. Do you understand that? Again, I'm simply enforcing the rules that management laid out long ago. As I keep saying IF YOU DISLIKE THE RULES THEN TAKE IT UP WITH MANAGEMENT. Is that a difficult concept to understand? It's sort of like, if you dislike a law, write your congressman, don't bitch incessantly to the cop.
You just keep on keeping on. That forum NEEDS someone like you. Ignore the whiners.

Also K9 will be fine and just ignore me because at times I just wonder why any moderator need to explain themself on the open board…
I think it's healthy and beneficial to explain the rationale behind why and how moderation is being done. That way others have the opportunity to understand and, if necessary, persuade me and/or others as to the error of their way. I'm always willing to self-reflect and to be persuaded that I may be mistaken. I believe that a moderator should engender discussion, not annihilate it. Part of that engendering is protecting quality discussion from people who are hellbent on destroying that discussion. I've seen good forums go down the drain because nobody wanted to moderate and, soon thereafter, the trolls and bots took over and the forums became unreadable and quality posters stopped posting.

As I said before, I didn't want to be a moderator but I felt obligated to pitch in and help out as I value this community and don't want it to fall apart.

I think it's healthy and beneficial to explain the rationale behind why and how moderation is being done. That way others have the opportunity to understand and, if necessary, persuade me and/or others as to the error of their way. I'm always willing to self-reflect and to be persuaded that I may be mistaken. I believe that a moderator should engender discussion, not annihilate it. Part of that engendering is protecting quality discussion from people who are hellbent on destroying that discussion. I've seen good forums go down the drain because nobody wanted to moderate and, soon thereafter, the trolls and bots took over and the forums became unreadable and quality posters stopped posting.

As I said before, I didn't want to be a moderator but I felt obligated to pitch in and help out as I value this community and don't want it to fall apart.
Good luck.

You just keep on keeping on. That forum NEEDS someone like you. Ignore the whiners.
Questioning is not whining.

As I wrote I have no dog in this dog fight and truthfully I have never had any response of mine in that section deleted and I doubt I will.

I actually Obey the rules unlike many on here except when I get unhinged and then I get what I deserve.

Truthfully that Forum along with a few others have needed a good cleaning but if I am correct you ain’t going to like it as much as you think you will right now.

but

I am done with my Devil advocate with a retarded slant because truthfully most of my threads are in the rubber room or the zone and until Taz tell me to stop it down there ( or any other moderator) I will keep on posting down there unless it is something that belongs upstairs.

Anyhoo, I am done and just will enjoy the beauty of this board…

Last edited:
The only thing I've done is to delete posts that were off-topic and which threatened to derail and hijack a thread.

Be careful with that last part.

You can't moderate people for perceived thought crimes. What the heck. How do you know someone's intention? You're supposed to deal with actual infractions. Not spin what you fear into an infraction just so you can act on it.

You're overstepping yourself a bit there.

Just because you may feel that your view may be threatened by someone being permitted to further a given discussion beyond your comfort zone or how far you personally want discussion to go for your own purposes, is no valid reason to come in waving your dick around at people.

I don't know you. Heck, I can't even recall ever trading keystrokes with you. I don't even go into that section. But I may.

You seem a little gung-ho though. You seem like you have a vested interest in having that section just the eay you want it. Why do I get that feeling?

Last edited:

The trolls KNOW when they're trolling and hijacking a thread, which is what makes it irritating.

They KNOW the rules, and they KNOW when they're breaking them.

You can't moderate people for perceived thought crimes. What the heck. How do you know someone's intention? You're supposed to deal with infractions. Not spin what you fear into an nfraction.
Here's the deal.

A member created a thread to share their "NDE" experience. Others responded favorably by asking more questions about his experience. Then, others interjected to tell him that he didn't have an NDE and that NDE's don't exist and, furthermore, God also doesn't exist. I deleted such posts and informed the offenders of such and why. Hijacking the OP's thread to discuss the validity of the existence of God and of NDE's was NOT the topic of thread. I encouraged them to start their OWN thread to discuss such things. No problem.

Again, if management believes that I'm acting too harshly then I will refrain from deleting such posts in the future.

Free country Gracie, and you can put me back on ignore if you disagree and dislike what I am writing!
I agree with you on a lot of things. This time..not so much. You keep beating a dead horse. It's dead. K9 explained, yet you keep questioning it. So..carry on. But Imma gonna eyeroll ya now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back