Question for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, mister new mod.

Do you realize that you're moderating a thread that is itself a violation of the rules? This whole thread is a public questioning of moderation.
It's my intention to protect the threads of believers by deleting posts that violate the rules of that community.

You can't observe something that doesn't exist.

Try again
1627516278485.png

I disagree

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

So, then, I can start a thread in that forum on how Islam is the best of the Semitic religions and you'll delete any posts disagreeing?
No. You invited debate when you INCLUDED the other two.

If I started a thread explaining why Christianity creates better people than the religion of Atheism, that would be inviting atheists into the discussion

I guess it's a question as to what management wants the religion forum to be. There are seemingly countless sub-forums in this community and only ONE devoted to the discussion of faith and ethics.

One member created a thread in order to share their "near-death" experience in which they claim to have had a divine experience. Other members entered into the thread in order to tell him that God doesn't exist and that he didn't have an NDE and went beyond that to tell the OP that he is "delusional".

Is that what we want that forum to be about?

If someone wants to create a thread doubting the veracity of NDE's, that's fair game. But why enter into another's forum to, essentially, hijack and derail the thread by telling the OP that he didn't actually have the experience?

And the fact is, the unbelieving trolls are on EVERY thread in that forum like white on rice. They just can't help themselves. People of faith find it difficult to engage in QUALITY discussion in that community because the trolls DESTROY such threads.

Is that what we want? Why should the atheist trolls be permitted to hijack and destroy every thread of faith in that forum? Why do the atheist trolls lack the self-control and decency to stay out of such threads? Why don't they create their OWN thread to discuss such things?
Why? Because they like to be assholes and I guess staff likes non herding spitting cats. THink christians in the lion den. Thats what the religion forum is...with lots of unbelievers in the stand just waiting for the blood to start spurting.

So, then, I can start a thread in that forum on how Islam is the best of the Semitic religions and you'll delete any posts disagreeing?
Islam isn't a religion to begin with. It didn't arise naturally as a religion of a people, but was created quite intentionally by a murderous warlord in order to increase his own power.

Islam is a supremacist, totalitarian manifesto calling for world domination.If anything, it belongs in a discussion along side communism or fascism.

Islam isn't a religion to begin with. It didn't arise naturally as a religion of a people, but was created quite intentionally by a murderous warlord in order to increase his own power.

Islam is a supremacist, totalitarian manifesto calling for world domination.If anything, it belongs in a discussion along side communism or fascism.
Example ^

As a reminder, here is a portion of the rules for that forum that were set in place back in 2013: No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

It's simply my intent to enforce those rules. If you dislike that rule, please contact Dont Taz Me Bro
Enforcing the rules is one thing but going overboard is another.

I have no dog in this dog fight but from your comments so far I can see a lot of posters complaining about your heavy handed way of moderation.

Also shouldn’t this actually be in PM like normal conversations are at and not on the open board where trolling can take place?

Also in my personal opinion it seem that both sides are equally stupid in their trolling but again I have no dog in this fight and usually do not go into the religion section unless it catches my eye…

Do you realize that you're moderating a thread that is itself a violation of the rules? This whole thread is a public questioning of moderation.
I'm simply giving feedback to some who are questioning what I've been doing in the Religion forum. I could instead tell those that object to go pound sand, but I haven't done that. That should be appreciated but, as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I do recognize, however, that no amount of reason or logic will resonate with some of you guys.

I can see a lot of posters complaining about your heavy handed way of moderation.
I've simply enforced the rule of "no thread hijacking". With that said, I'm willing to be persuaded that I am mistaken. Do you have any specific examples wherein I moderated something that wasn't actually a violation of the rules?

I'm simply giving feedback to some who are questioning what I've been doing in the Religion forum. I could instead tell those that object to go pound sand, but I haven't done that. That should be appreciated but, as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I do recognize, however, that no amount of reason or logic will resonate with some of you guys.
I don't remember much of you at all, so.....I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, if you are heavily moderating the religion forum...GOOD. Keep doing it. That is what is needed in there. Depending, of course, which side of the fence you are moderating on.

I've simply enforced the rule of "no thread hijacking". With that said, I'm willing to be persuaded that I am mistaken. Do you have any specific examples wherein I moderated something that wasn't actually a violation of the rules?

Not me and let me be clear I just going off what you are writing on the open forum.

You have been mod for how many days?

As for contacting Taz or anyone else the best way to deal with a Mod is to contact that Mod directly first.

I have dealt with Aye, Flac, Will, Coyote and Kat many times in the past and been told when I was wrong and usually I will agree but there have been a once or twice I didn’t, but that is the past and yes even Taz has had a discussion with me in the past.

My point was from your words here it seem you are coming on strong and telling people if they disagree contact Taz which to me is baiting the stupid, but maybe I am wrong and have been before.

Good luck and if you need to spank me, well make sure it is during the moments when I am truly unhinged!

Everyone can stop pretending like they don't know the difference between having an intellectual disagreement and behaving like a clown.

Wait, behaving like a clown is the norm here, so you have to do better than that Taz!

Anyhoo, my point was telling posters they need to contact you if they disagree with K9 when the discussion should be first with the mod doing moderating and then later dragging in two other mods into the discussion.

I have known K9 on this board for awhile and never had much words with him or her, and will try my best not to have any…

Anyhoo, the mod I aggravate is Will because him and I have such good chemistry…

Not me and let me be clear I just going off what you are writing on the open forum.

You have been mod for how many days?

As for contacting Taz or anyone else the best way to deal with a Mod is to contact that Mod directly first.

I have dealt with Aye, Flac, Will, Coyote and Kat many times in the past and been told when I was wrong and usually I will agree but there have been a once or twice I didn’t, but that is the past and yes even Taz has had a discussion with me in the past.

My point was from your words here it seem you are coming on strong and telling people if they disagree contact Taz which to me is baiting the stupid, but maybe I am wrong and have been before.

Good luck and if you need to spank me, well make sure it is during the moments when I am truly unhinged!

There's a rule that says that hijacking a thread is prohibited. I've simply enforced that rule and now people are mad because I'm enforcing the rule. LOL. Anyone who dislikes the rules should take it up with management. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back