Question For Geocachers

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
How abnormal is it to find fake rocks at garage sales? I was just going to go to the dollar store this weekend and all of a sudden I just lucked out today and got one for a buck at a garage sale up the street after going for a bike ride. It just seems like the geocaching gods were with me today. 😁

How abnormal is it to find fake rocks at garage sales? I was just going to go to the dollar store this weekend and all of a sudden I just lucked out today and got one for a buck at a garage sale up the street after going for a bike ride. It just seems like the geocaching gods were with me today. 😁

Those were meant to be used as a stash place for a house key, but would work great for geocaching.

Be sure to message me the coordinates where yer gonna hide it. :04:

Those were meant to be used as a stash place for a house key, but would work great for geocaching.

Be sure to message me the coordinates where yer gonna hide it. :04:

Sorry I won't give away personal information since it's going to be local, but I guess that you're familiar what it is then. 🙂

Sorry I won't give away personal information since it's going to be local, but I guess that you're familiar what it is then. 🙂

I didn't mean your location. I meant wherever you're going to hide it.

Of course. I'd hide mine somewhere in the SW Wisconsin sticker bushes where nobody would ever find it. :laughing0301:

Lol well I like people to find my geocaches. If you really want nobody to find it though you would have a much better chance of hiding it on the white house lawn somewhere. Joe can't even find the front door so you won't even have any issues with him.

Key rocks, you eventually learn to spot them instantly, even if they're hidden among other rocks and mostly buried.

Goodwill is always good to check out. I once walked out with a stack of solid lock'n'locks for 25 cents each.

Key rocks, you eventually learn to spot them instantly, even if they're hidden among other rocks and mostly buried.

Goodwill is always good to check out. I once walked out with a stack of solid lock'n'locks for 25 cents each.

Wow, you're another geocacher?

Lol well I like people to find my geocaches. If you really want nobody to find it though you would have a much better chance of hiding it on the white house lawn somewhere. Joe can't even find the front door so you won't even have any issues with him.

What are you using for a GPS? I was using an antiquated Lowrance iFinder from the early 2000's to walk the boundaries of my 100 acre wooded spread, but switched to using Google Maps and the cell phone's internal GPS.

What are you using for a GPS? I was using an antiquated Lowrance iFinder from the early 2000's to walk the boundaries of my 100 acre wooded spread, but switched to using Google Maps and the cell phone's internal GPS.

I just have the geocaching app on my phone.

We accidently found a geocache once in the Addicks reservoir.
We found a small pond on google earth so we hiked out there to check it out and found an ammo can chained to a tree.
We left em a couple of empty beer cans and some cigarette butts.

What? You didn't leave any ammo? I mean what else goes in an ammo can?

ammo.jpg

Oops I guess to make my joke make more sense I should have said muggleborn. 🤣

If liberal idiots geocached: I know that it was made to be a fake rock but it said that it wants to be a peanut butter jar.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back