iu

Last edited:
Forget the nasty chemical shit like Round Up

Make your own for next to nothing

1 gallon vinegar
1 Tbs dish detergent
1 cup salt

pour it all into a pump sprayer , shake it up and spray it on weeds
That mix of chemical shit is much worse for the environment than glyphosate.

You're essentially salting the earth. You know, like the Romans did when they wanted to destroy Carthage forever.

Glyphosate? That breaks down completely in a matter of weeks.

That mix of chemical shit is much worse for the environment than glyphosate.

You're essentially salting the earth. You know, like the Romans did when they wanted to destroy Carthage forever.

Glyphosate? That breaks down completely in a matter of weeks.
I spray a little on weeds that pop up between my pavers and sidewalks

That can hardly be called "salting the earth"

I have very lush ornamental plantings all around my house not to mention a large vegetable garden so obviously my use of this home made and cheap weed killer is not dong any harm at all.

Poison Ivy just laughs at it. You spray it on and it's like Mr. Ivy says, "that's all you got?".

It does work well for crab grass.

I don't have poison ivy in my yard. And I don't know anyone who has poison ivy growing between their pavers

Baking soda kills weeds on the sidewalk too! Of course, that's more deadly salt. LOL

So Duke. Do you disagree that baking soda kills weeds or with the salty joke? :confused:

I spray a little on weeds that pop up between my pavers and sidewalks
That can hardly be called "salting the earth"
It sounds like all the stuff does is make the immediate soil acidic enough for the weed not to grow well while the detergent helps break the surface tension to allow the stuff to better penetrate the soil down to the roots.

so obviously my use of this home made and cheap weed killer
Actually, considering the cost of a gallon of vinegar, making that homemade stuff looks to be a lot more expensive than bulk weed killer (foliar or root poisoning) as the latter only requires a few tablespoons mixed in with a gallon of WATER.

It sounds like all the stuff does is make the immediate soil acidic enough for the weed not to grow well while the detergent helps break the surface tension to allow the stuff to better penetrate the soil down to the roots.

Actually, considering the cost of a gallon of vinegar, making that homemade stuff looks to be a lot more expensive than bulk weed killer (foliar or root poisoning) as the latter only requires a few tablespoons mixed in with a gallon of WATER.

Except I can use vinegar for other things like window cleaner

Forum List

Back