Question about making a purchase with my Amazon Credit Card on the Amazon website for Prime Day

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I noticed that after I made the purchase on the Amazon website with my Amazon credit card, the pending charge is not showing on the credit card website? Anyone know why?

I noticed that after I made the purchase on the Amazon website with my Amazon credit card, the pending charge is not showing on the credit card website? Anyone know why?
I don't do an Amazon Card, but often things i buy on Amazon do not show up on the site of the card I use until after it ships.

Note: If you place an order for an item sold by Amazon with a credit card, we won't charge you until the order enters the shipping process. If you place an order from one of our third-party sellers, the seller may charge your card at the time of purchase.
I do believe: By not charging your credit card immediately, they avoid being held liable for not supplying what you ordered in due time or damaging it prior to their "shipping process." Presumably packaging is already done. All the item requires is a shipping label which they can safely presume won't destroy the product inside. No longer the retailer's problem once an employee of the shipping company takes physical possession.. Even if they're just a different part of Amazon.

Maybe so, Grumblenuts. But I have had two vendor incidents in which both refused a return and refund.
I 'chatted' with Amazon, my charges were reversed, and I got to keep, destroy, or sell the items.

Problems solved through direct interaction. However, getting through to a real person these days is most often like trying to tunnel through a wall with only Schrodinger's cat on a quantum physics sleigh.

images

Forum List

Back