'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin has died

Hearing Aretha Franklin sing is like opening a bottle of champagne while standing in front of a jet engine. She was a force of nature and could make you cry, smile, dance and have the hair on the back of your neck stand at attention. She was the greatest vocalist of our time. A once in a lifetime talent and a grace filled lady.

Wow ... just read at WIKI :

Franklin was the mother of four sons. She first became pregnant at the age of 12 and gave birth to her first child, named Clarence after her father,[73] on January 28, 1955. According to the news site Inquisitr, "The father of the child was Donald Burk, a boy she knew from school."[74] On January 22, 1957, then aged 14, Franklin had a second child, named Edward after his father Edward Jordan.[21] Franklin did not like to discuss her early pregnancies with interviewers.[75]

Aretha Franklin - Wikipedia

Too bad she only performed at Democrat POTUS inaugurations even though it was a repub president who awarded her the medal of freedom.
Only part of any song I liked was the scat hook in Spanish Harlem.
The rest was a bunch of shouting.
She was very talented and meant well.
RIP

I would name the other really super great African-American singers besides Areatha to be:

- Whitney Houston

- James Brown

- Barry White.

In fact you could put these 4 at the top of the list of the very best singers in human history.

They're all singing in Heaven for God and his Angels now.

Great list. I would also add:

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam Cooke

Dinah Washington

Nat King Cole

Imagine a show with all of them.

"Aretha helped define the American experience. In her voice, we could feel our history, all of it and in every shade—our power and our pain, our darkness and our light, our quest for redemption and our hard-won respect. May the Queen of Soul rest in eternal peace." - President Trump

not an insult , she was old and overweight , hey , i am her age or just about . Cause of Pancreatic cancer , isn't it due to heavy drinking Dana ??

No pancreas cancer has nothing to do with drinking.

Since you're too lazy to actually learn about what you post before you post it, here's a link to risk factors for that type of cancer. None of it has anything to do with drinking.

How can you be so hateful and mean? Why post such a thing when you obviously have no idea what you're posting about?

You have to include something mean and hateful in your post. Why not just leave the thread alone since you obviously don't know much about Aretha Franklin and what killed her.

Pancreatic Cancer Risk Factors

But here's the thing I've noticed over the years, Dana: out of all celebrities who have died of pancreatic cancer (Michael Landon, Patrick Swayze, Bill Hicks, etc., etc.) is that the one and only commonality they all had was a history of alcohol abuse. I know it's not conclusive medical proof, but it is basic common sense proof.

It's basic retarded rationalization to try to white-knight for a bigot, is what it is. You cretins who have nothing to say about the dead but trash them give me the urge to regurge.

So, you demented, aborted thing, because of your own PWECIOUS FEEWINGS, yo've shut off your tiny, rat-like brain to the possibility that alcohol abuse is damaging to the pancreas and that Aretha never, ever drank to excess? Go run to your safe space, you stupid little sewer rat, social parasite on society. What a special-needs child you are that you can't even argue the point. Horse's ass.

FYI, it was NOT INTENDED as an insult against Aretha anyway, it was general speculation of the lifestyle risk factors that could cause pancreatic cancer, you pig.

Michael Eric Dyson just called Aretha "a humane...human being" on NBC

he is an idiotic idiot!

I would name the other really super great African-American singers besides Areatha to be:

- Whitney Houston

- James Brown

- Barry White.

In fact you could put these 4 at the top of the list of the very best singers in human history.

They're all singing in Heaven for God and his Angels now.

Great list. I would also add:

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam Cooke

Dinah Washington

Nat King Cole

Imagine a show with all of them.
You need to preface those lists with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Etta James.
And the Chess brothers and Sam Phillips.

"its the rough side of the mountain thats the easiest to climb, the smooth side doesnt have anything for you to hang on to" - Aretha Franklin

Saw this over the weekend from the Carole King Kennedy Center Honors Tribute a few years back -
Did NOT know she was such a good piano player.
SO cool :cool:

she looks like she could eat quite a few hamburgers ehh Doktor ??

Yes it does :cool-45:

43kfCGv.gif

hamburger eating mighta led to Death in at least one case eh Doktor ??

while with the President it looks like eating hamburgers is simply a good healthy way to have breakfast , lunch or dinner and a snack Doktor .

Forum List

Back