'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin has died

I hope Rodney Dangerfield is there to greet her.He will finally get some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.Great lady.

She was 76. R.I.P.

---

I wailed when it came over the news. I"m still crying.

What a great soul. What a great women. She broke so may barriers for women.

And her voice. What a beautiful voice. What great music she made. She brought joy to everyone she touched and everyone who was touched by her music.

I had the great honor of working with her once. I had to travel to the other side of the continent to do it but it was Aretha and you go to her when given the opportunity.

I'm so glad I took that opportunity. She was nothing but a pure joy to photograph and she gave me so much to photograph. I have always been very grateful for my career but even more grateful for being able to work with such a great singer, musician and such a beautiful soul as Aretha Franklin.

RIP Aretha. You will never be forgotten and always loved.

Last edited:
What a great woman...a great talent...and a warm soul....rest in peace Aretha...

Here are my 3 favorite songs from The Queen.

I hope everyone enjoys and they each take you to a good time in your life and makes you smile.

Rest in peace Aretha. The world was a greater place for having you in it with us.

Death comes to us all.

The legacy we leave is what counts, and hers counts.

Aretha Franklin - News

Read the damn board Jake....we already have a thread on this dummy.....

Aretha was one of a kind

She put herself into every song with an energy that is hard to replicate

All Aretha all day on Fox. Give me a break. I was never a fan but I guess she was a talented pop-star who was well compensated for her work. A couple of minutes tribute but half a freaking day?

All Aretha all day on Fox. Give me a break. I was never a fan but I guess she was a talented pop-star who was well compensated for her work. A couple of minutes tribute but half a freaking day?
------------------------------------------------ i was thinking the same thing , Lady was old and overweight .

Aretha was the real deal. A true cultural icon.

yeah , a true cultural icon JLaw :afro:, But as i mentioned , she was Old and overweight , course --- RIP i suppose JLaw .

fox isn't the only station doing that.

There's a very good reason that fox and MSNBC are doing that. I don't watch CNN so I don't know what they're doing but MSNBC has ben non stop Aretha since they announced her death.

Aretha Franklin wasn't just a singer. Aretha Franklin is and always will be

ARETHA FRANKLIN, THE QUEEN OF SOUL.

She exceeded greatness. She exceeded grace and class. She exceeded racial and gender barriers.

She was born to sing. She was born to give us a lifetime of beautiful, moving and influential music and she deserves the greatest respect and honor everyone can give her for all of her accomplishments.

She was also a civil rights leader but stayed in the shadows. She was at and behind some of the greatest moments in the civil rights and women's movement for many decades. The day she sang at Obama's first inauguration was the culmination of a lifetime of civil rights and work for the advancement for equality and freedom for everyone on the face of this earth.

The world is a much better place for her being in it.

Forum List

Back