'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin has died

yeah , a true cultural icon JLaw :afro:, But as i mentioned , she was Old and overweight , course --- RIP i suppose JLaw .

She died of pancreas cancer.

Show some respect for a great soul.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- hey i said RIP , and by the way , i think that she died of PANCREATIC Cancer Doktor Dana .

All Aretha all day on Fox. Give me a break. I was never a fan but I guess she was a talented pop-star who was well compensated for her work. A couple of minutes tribute but half a freaking day?

fox isn't the only station doing that.

There's a very good reason that fox and MSNBC are doing that. I don't watch CNN so I don't know what they're doing but MSNBC has ben non stop Aretha since they announced her death.

Aretha Franklin wasn't just a singer. Aretha Franklin is and always will be

ARETHA FRANKLIN, THE QUEEN OF SOUL.

She exceeded greatness. She exceeded grace and class. She exceeded racial and gender barriers.

She was born to sing. She was born to give us a lifetime of beautiful, moving and influential music and she deserves the greatest respect and honor everyone can give her for all of her accomplishments.

She was also a civil rights leader but stayed in the shadows. She was at and behind some of the greatest moments in the civil rights and women's movement for many decades. The day she sang at Obama's first inauguration was the culmination of a lifetime of civil rights and work for the advancement for equality and freedom for everyone on the face of this earth.

The world is a much better place for her being in it.
Too bad “hope and change” was a load of shit...

I'm still tearing up. RIP to a great, multi-talented and beautiful lady, who has always been a national treasure. Farewell, Great Lady.

RIP Aretha. What a supreme talent. Loved her gospel, bluesy soul. Will be sad all day and then some.

Last edited:
C2D4948F-7CAE-48F5-8B85-EA1AD9F316A4.jpeg
Aretha was one of a kind

She put herself into every song with an energy that is hard to replicate

can you imagine a love child of Aretha and James Brown?

yeah , a true cultural icon JLaw :afro:, But as i mentioned , she was Old and overweight , course --- RIP i suppose JLaw .
She had more talent than Elvis who was not even that old, but definitely overweight -- and a drug addict who died on the toilet

But I don't expect folks who would call Aretha a "pop singer" to know what soul is

i thoughtthat she was a 'disco' type and WHO is this 'elvis' that you speak of Biff ??

She died of pancreas cancer.

Show some respect for a great soul.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- hey i said RIP , and by the way , i think that she died of PANCREATIC Cancer Doktor Dana .

Whatever. She died of cancer of the pancreas.

You don't have to insert insults to every post as you did with her.

She spent a lifetime working to bring joy to everyone.

She has more than earned and deserves respect.

not an insult , she was old and overweight , hey , i am her age or just about . Cause of Pancreatic cancer , isn't it due to heavy drinking Dana ??

you music lovers , wow , you are sensitive people . I never spent a nickle on recordings or records of any types . Back when i was a kid we had AM Radio and the NEWS . My favorite from the mid 70s has been political talk radio as i was still waiting for Rush Limbaugh , may he live and broadcast , inform and teach and annoy forever and ever .

not an insult , she was old and overweight , hey , i am her age or just about . Cause of Pancreatic cancer , isn't it due to heavy drinking Dana ??

Pancreatic cancer has nothing to do with drinking and it's a nasty way to go. And she wasn't that old --- 76. Your veiled attempt at trashing the deceased goes in no way unnoticed.

Pancreatic cancer is what killed both Jimmy Carter's parents and all his siblings, all at a young age.

She had more talent than Elvis who was not even that old, but definitely overweight -- and a drug addict who died on the toilet

But I don't expect folks who would call Aretha a "pop singer" to know what soul is
She died on the same date Elvis died.

76 is no longer old. What a shame.
---------------------------------------------- i don't know , 60 and 70 year olds are dropping like fly's even if you only read message boards . i see lots of 60 year old famous famous is dropping every couple weeks or so .

Forum List

Back