Punishment for Abortion?

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

No, it's a very legitimate question... you right wingers love to whine, complain and fearmonger, but you never consider the ramifications of your self centered beliefs. For your solutions to work people need to just evaporate...

IF abortion were illegal, would you arrest, charge and prosecute women that have an abortion?

IF abortion were illegal, would you be willing to pay for a woman's prenatal care if she agreed to carry the baby full term?

If severe medical complications left that same woman disabled, would you be willing to pay for her life long care?

If not, then STFU and mind your own business...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Shove it up your ass, Bf. I will post whatever I want, whereever I want, whenever I want - unless Gunny, or a Mod tells me different.

It is this kind of dumbass behavior that justifies my contention that there is no serious debate on this forum. Because you - and one or two others - are too fucking stupid to understand the difference between asking genuine questions and starting off from a stance of enflaming others.

That's why you're an idiot and I am not.

If we could now go back to the topic of the thread: if abortion were made illegal, how should it be punished? Should it be considered a murder? Man-slaughter? Or should it have a classification of its own?

Let's not derail the discussion any longer.

Thx.

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

No, it's a very legitimate question... you right wingers love to whine, complain and fearmonger, but you never consider the ramifications of your self centered beliefs. For your solutions to work people need to just evaporate...

IF abortion were illegal, would you arrest, charge and prosecute women that have an abortion?

IF abortion were illegal, would you be willing to pay for a woman's prenatal care if she agreed to carry the baby full term?

If severe medical complications left that same woman disabled, would you be willing to pay for her life long care?

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Shove it up your ass, Bf. I will post whatever I want, whereever I want, whenever I want - unless Gunny, or a Mod tells me different.

It is this kind of dumbass behavior that justifies my contention that there is no serious debate on this forum. Because you - and one or two others - are too fucking stupid to understand the difference between asking genuine questions and starting off from a stance of enflaming others.

Save the bluster...

An idiot is a person that doesn't consider the consequences of their solutions...that would be YOU...

So let's end the debate here and now...as it stands the law is perfect...everyone has the right to CHOOSE... if you choose not to have an abortion, it is you business...if another woman chooses to have one, STFU...

If we could now go back to the topic of the thread: if abortion were made illegal, how should it be punished? Should it be considered a murder? Man-slaughter? Or should it have a classification of its own?

Abortion doctors should receive very long prison sentences and lose their medical license.

A woman who is found guilty of having an abortion should get at least a couple of years in prison.

Abortion doctors should receive very long prison sentences and lose their medical license.

A woman who is found guilty of having an abortion should get at least a couple of years in prison.

No need to repeat one's self.

No need to repeat one's self.
Just trying to get the thread back on track :eusa_angel:

So let's end the debate here and now...as it stands the law is perfect...everyone has the right to CHOOSE... if you choose not to have an abortion, it is you business...if another woman chooses to have one, STFU...

I agree that the law is more or less perfect right now and abortion should not be criminalized in any way, shape, or form. However, I would love to hear from our fellow "pro-lifers" on the topic. I want to see them arguing and 'selling' the point of criminalizing abortion from a legal standpoint - minus the tired old emotional tirade.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be??

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic??

I am curious.. :cool:

Just because you can't answer it, doesn't make it an illegitimate question. Try again or begone.

And you can fuck off telling other people to 'begone'... unless you are Gunny or a Mod and I have breached the T&Cs, which you are not and I have not. Un-fucking-lucky.

It is not a legitimate question... it is inflammatory whining. That is not how honest debate is started. However, I am not at all surprised that a few people here are incapable of grasping the difference between debate and flaming.... there is very little 'debate' on this forum anyway.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be??

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic??

I am curious.. :cool:

Why is it that everytime someone raises a question such as this on a message board people come out and attack them as if they are trying to inflame others?

I find it saddening that whenever someone brings up a question like this about abortion or religion and they have a different point of view than others, they are immediately attacked as not trying to have a legitimate discussion, but rather they are simply attempting to piss people off.

Regardless of MajikMyst's motives for the question, this is a decent start to a thread. Let it go.

Immie

Yea, opening with a statement about executing young girls for aborting babies is most definitely a way to start a real debate on abortion.

I find it sad that, instead of actually trying to start a REASONED debate on abortion - the OP chose instead to start with the same old left wing mantra instead of any real thought.

Just because you can't answer it, doesn't make it an illegitimate question. Try again or begone.

And you can fuck off telling other people to 'begone'... unless you are Gunny or a Mod and I have breached the T&Cs, which you are not and I have not. Un-fucking-lucky.

It is not a legitimate question... it is inflammatory whining. That is not how honest debate is started. However, I am not at all surprised that a few people here are incapable of grasping the difference between debate and flaming.... there is very little 'debate' on this forum anyway.

You are digging yourself into a hole... you REFUSED to debate me... said it can't be done here...

You're a looney tune...

What DOES Cali girl know...

Looney-Tunes---Porky-Pig--C11754811.jpg

No it's not, it 's a simple question.

Assuming abortion was made illegal, what should the punishment be?

No, it wasn't. If it was a simple question - looking for a debate, there would be no nonsense about executing young girls for abortion. It is a flame, nothing more. As and when someone starts a thread about abortion in a genuine attempt to discuss it, I'm happy to participate. I'm not gonna enter into a flame on abortion. It is pathetic and stupid. As is anyone who thinks the above is a genuine attempt at debate. The only 'simple' thing about the OP is the poster.

That's a cop out and you know it.

You know you have an answer to the question floating around in your head but you're just afraid to post it here for fear of looking like a hypocrite at best or a lunatic at worst.

No, it is your opinion that it is a cop out. I have already said, i'd be quite happy to discuss the topic..... if the OP was intelligent enough to frame a non partisan, unbiased, statement and some properly framed questions - not a couple of leading questions about the death penality for abortion etc.

I'm never afraid to post my opinion - I speak as I find, offend or please. The hypocrits are those who can't grasp that the OP is a flame - because they agree with the idiot who posted it. The lunatic in this thread isn't me.... idiot.

You are flaming right now. There are people trying to have an honest debate here and you're the only one bitching and whining without bringing anything to the discussion. You've already expressed your opinion on the honesty of this OP, I'd appreciate if you stopped now and let us have our little debate that is so beneath you. Thanks.

Oscar Wilde

Save the bluster...

An idiot is a person that doesn't consider the consequences of their solutions...that would be YOU...

Firstly, stop telling me to STFU, it makes you look stupid. Oh, wait..... yea, carry on - idiot boy.

Secondly, you don't fucking know my solution so don't make assumptions about them - to assume makes an Ass out of U, not Me..... oh wait.... yea, carry on - Assclown.

If you had half a brain, you would be able to work out my stance on abortion.... oh wait.... yea, carry on - stupid boy.

For the record: my stance on abortion (which I have already stated on this board): I am pro life - as a human being and as a Catholic - however, (and it is a capitalized however) - because I believe in the Constitution and the rights and responsibiilties of the individual, I believe that each person is entitled to make that decision for themselves.

I'm quite sure that will cause the heads of certain lefties to explode. I beleive I don't have the right to tell you how to live. I would seriously appreciate it if lefties would do likewise - instead of telling the rest of the country that we must live according to the principles (or lack thereof) of the left.

Why is it that everytime someone raises a question such as this on a message board people come out and attack them as if they are trying to inflame others?

I find it saddening that whenever someone brings up a question like this about abortion or religion and they have a different point of view than others, they are immediately attacked as not trying to have a legitimate discussion, but rather they are simply attempting to piss people off.

Regardless of MajikMyst's motives for the question, this is a decent start to a thread. Let it go.

Immie

Yea, opening with a statement about executing young girls for aborting babies is most definitely a way to start a real debate on abortion.

I find it sad that, instead of actually trying to start a REASONED debate on abortion - the OP chose instead to start with the same old left wing mantra instead of any real thought.

Then educate him CG! Don't just beat him over the head about his motives. Here is a perfect opportunity for you to share your beliefs in a reasonable manner and get your point across whether you believe that the woman should be punished for abortion (and how severely) or not and your reasons for that.

The OP was a bit hyperbolic, but so what... educate him about what it really means to be pro-life at least in your view.

Immie

Immie

Then educate him CG! Don't just beat him over the head about his motives. Here is a perfect opportunity for you to share your beliefs in a reasonable manner and get your point across whether you believe that the woman should be punished for abortion (and how severely) or not and your reasons for that.

The OP was a bit hyperbolic, but so what... educate him about what it really means to be pro-life at least in your view.

Immie

It's not my job to education the uneducatable, Immie. I leave them in a corner, sipping koolaid and high-5ing each other on their lack of education.

Save the bluster...

Firstly, stop telling me to STFU, it makes you look stupid. Oh, wait..... yea, carry on - idiot boy.

Secondly, you don't fucking know my solution so don't make assumptions about them - to assume makes an Ass out of U, not Me..... oh wait.... yea, carry on - Assclown.

If you had half a brain, you would be able to work out my stance on abortion.... oh wait.... yea, carry on - stupid boy.

For the record: my stance on abortion (which I have already stated on this board): I am pro life - as a human being and as a Catholic - however, (and it is a capitalized however) - because I believe in the Constitution and the rights and responsibiilties of the individual, I believe that each person is entitled to make that decision for themselves.

I'm quite sure that will cause the heads of certain lefties to explode. I beleive I don't have the right to tell you how to live. I would seriously appreciate it if lefties would do likewise - instead of telling the rest of the country that we must live according to the principles (or lack thereof) of the left.

You could have saved the bluster...oh wait, carry on flame girl... sorry to crush your narcissism, but I didn't get the schedule of my days to watch you... WHY would I know your stance on abortion...you refuse to debate me?

But your stance is very adult-like...

Save the bluster...

You could have saved the bluster...oh wait, carry on flame girl... sorry to crush your narcissism, but I didn't get the schedule of my days to watch you... WHY would I know your stance on abortion...you refuse to debate me?

But your stance is very adult-like...

It's not a very 'adult' forum, little one. I've clearly stated my stance on abortion at least twice on this forum - at least once, you responded. If you're not smart enough to remember that, that is your problem. I won't make it mine, much as you might want me to.

Immie

It's not my job to education the uneducatable, Immie. I leave them in a corner, sipping koolaid and high-5ing each other on their lack of education.

Then I have to ask. Why would you even bother to come here?

If you are not here to discuss the issues and educate, "the uneducatable", then why come here at all?

Surely, it is not for the stimulating conversation. :D

Immie

Immie

Then I have to ask. Why would you even bother to come here?

If you are not here to discuss the issues and educate, "the uneducatable", then why come here at all?

Surely, it is not for the stimulating conversation. :D

Immie

You may have to ask. I have no need to answer. I can tell you, without fear of contradition, that I am not here for the stimulating conversation - I get that elsewhere.

If you want a punishment for aborrtion moral logic would then indicate that abortion is murder and any successful attempt to abort the pregnacy should be met in kind.

In other words, the punishment for abortion is Death. The mother must die.

But of course, this is trying to use "an eye for an eye" moral logic which does not work in the most basic sense.

Think about it. According to moral logic, The punishment for a person that attempts or commits suicide is Death--but is that not what the perp wanted?

Moral logic therefore is a form of absurditiy in standard logic. The only way to prevent abortion is not to set a punishment after the incident but to stop it before it occurs

Therefore, the logic method to "end abortion" is to confront the problems and issues facing the mother that is leaning towards that choice and bring them away from it.

If the mother still goes through with the abortion, there is nothing that we can really do to save the child. Thus methods that lead to prevention must be encouraged. I guess you would call this the Humanistic approach.

Forum List

Back