Puerto Rican Mayor Blaming Trump Isn't Participating In The Relief Effort

Turns out she's just lying her ass off about Trump's response in Puerto Rico.

San-Juan-Mayor-Yulin-Cruz-Hurricane-e1506814002692.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynaboā€™s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruzā€™s, in part because ā€” unlike Cruz ā€” he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz, a Democrat, has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that ā€œwe are going to see is something close to a genocideā€ if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ā€˜Nastyā€™ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesnā€™t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

ā€œMy experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. Iā€™m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,ā€ said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Ricoā€™s New Progressive Party.

Perezā€™s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trumpā€™s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruzā€™s ā€œgenocideā€ statement, Perez said, ā€œI donā€™t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and sheā€™s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I donā€™t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.ā€ (RELATED: San Juan Mayor Praised Convicted FALN Terrorist)

ā€œSome [mayors] would like the help to be faster but we also know that FEMA is dealing with what happened in Houston and in Florida and now in Puerto Rico,ā€ Perez said.

One thing that the mayors are counting on the federal government for is ā€œblue tarpsā€ to patch over damaged and missing roofs, Perez said. He noted that ā€œthousands of people have lost completely their houses but some of them have lost partially their houses so if we have the blue tarps maybe we could help them not to lose everything in their houses.ā€

ā€œSo what FEMA has told us is that [the tarps] are on the way and as soon as they get to Puerto Rico they will get them to us,ā€ Perez said. ā€œMost of [the mayors], thatā€™s what they are asking.ā€

ā€œSure, we need gasoline, diesel for our generators and our machines and everything but thatā€™s internal problems with the person that sells the diesel and the gasoline and the everything because they havenā€™t had the people to drive the trucks,ā€ he added. ā€œItā€™s been hard to get that over here and I know that the government is helping, so we are expecting maybe by next week that that will be in the past and that we wonā€™t have any problems with that.ā€

In his interview with TheDC, Perez stressed that Puerto Ricoā€™s fiscal crisis has left the island largely unable to solve its own problems.
If she is not willing to be part of the solution than she is part of the problem, an obstacle that needs to be removed. Let the people demand that she step down and replace her with someone who is willing to cooperate with the United States in order to assist the people of Puerto Rico. This is not a time for political grand standing. The people of Puerto Rico need to make an example out of her and make it crystal clear that they won't tolerate anyone who is standing in the way of progress.

This should put the chill on things:

Wow. Their government is wholly corrupted.

I just heard yesterday she has NOT engaged with FEMA at all. How can that be? The only logical conclusion is we have yet another Liberal Mayor bashing President Trump to gain notoriety for herself. If there is another explanation then let's hear it.
Why would she hang around the FEMA office when she is out doing her job? She is mayor to the largest city in Puerto Rico and she has people working for her that are experts in disaster relief.

This is what she said:
So we got appointed a FEMA coordinator. We have two people that are appointed to San Juan. We are the capital city, the largest city in Puerto Rico, with the most amount of population. And we got appointed just -- direct links. So, actually, I was in FEMA the couple of days afterwards. When they were at the San Juan Marriott, I was invited to visit and we have been communicating ever since.

People from my administration have been meeting, of course.

----------------------

Once again, the GOP on the attack.

She is not involved with FEMA coordination. She is slurping up all the camera time she can get for herself and pawning off her responsibilities to her lackeys.

Mayor Cruz has been working tirelessly to help her people

Trump is playing golf

There are 10,000 Hurricane Relief Workers and the docks are over flowing with relief supplies, soooooooo once again the Dirty Democrats are LYING and politicize a natural disaster for cheap political points.

Exactly. :thup:

She begs for more help, rejects Trump bragging about how great things are in PR because people are dying, and now she's a bad guy.

Today is day 11 of Trump not not asking congress for a relief package for PR or asking anybody to donate what they can to help.

And you ignore every post that showed she is the problem, not Trump....

She begs for more help, rejects Trump bragging about how great things are in PR because people are dying, and now she's a bad guy.

Today is day 11 of Trump not not asking congress for a relief package for PR or asking anybody to donate what they can to help.

Because they are absolute bullshit. She is on the ground distributing supplies. Her family is sleeping in the coliseum, refugees in their own home. And Trump is hurling insults at the Puerto Rican people, who are dying, from yet another vacation at his golf club. Fuck Trump and fuck you.

yeah as she is standing in front of pallets and pallets of aid

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

You deplorables keep pointing that out. Those supplies are hardly enough. It's like sending 1 plate of food for a group of 30 hungry people.

Because they are absolute bullshit. She is on the ground distributing supplies. Her family is sleeping in the coliseum, refugees in their own home. And Trump is hurling insults at the Puerto Rican people, who are dying, from yet another vacation at his golf club. Fuck Trump and fuck you.

she is the only one, a democrat looking to make her bones with the mainland democrats......

yeah as she is standing in front of pallets and pallets of aid

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

You deplorables keep pointing that out. Those supplies are hardly enough. It's like sending 1 plate of food for a group of 30 hungry people.
Did you notice the ships outside loaded with sea containers?

Of course you didn't.

Looks like she is standing in the way of the distribution process.

she is the only one, a democrat looking to make her bones with the mainland democrats......
:rolleyes:

Weird. When the three-star General got there the first thing he did was agree with the Mayor. Good thing we have all these trump cult posters here at USMB to educate him.

She's been sleeping in a coliseum with hundreds of others for 11 days, with no power or water, and surrounded by suffering all around her. I know you're a republican, so you find this hard to believe, but not everything is a political scheme. And cheering Trump's insults against dying and suffering people makes you an asshole.

Weird. When the three-star General got there the first thing he did was agree with the Mayor. Good thing we have all these trump cult posters here at USMB to educate him.
So. The General arrives.

He does not like what he sees.

The soldiers under him are the ones carrying out this relief effort.

He needs to address his officers if these forces are not carrying out their duties.

Not blame the President.

Turns out she's just lying her ass off about Trump's response in Puerto Rico.

San-Juan-Mayor-Yulin-Cruz-Hurricane-e1506814002692.jpg

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynaboā€™s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruzā€™s, in part because ā€” unlike Cruz ā€” he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz, a Democrat, has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that ā€œwe are going to see is something close to a genocideā€ if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ā€˜Nastyā€™ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesnā€™t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

ā€œMy experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. Iā€™m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,ā€ said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Ricoā€™s New Progressive Party.

Perezā€™s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trumpā€™s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruzā€™s ā€œgenocideā€ statement, Perez said, ā€œI donā€™t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and sheā€™s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I donā€™t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.ā€ (RELATED: San Juan Mayor Praised Convicted FALN Terrorist)

ā€œSome [mayors] would like the help to be faster but we also know that FEMA is dealing with what happened in Houston and in Florida and now in Puerto Rico,ā€ Perez said.

One thing that the mayors are counting on the federal government for is ā€œblue tarpsā€ to patch over damaged and missing roofs, Perez said. He noted that ā€œthousands of people have lost completely their houses but some of them have lost partially their houses so if we have the blue tarps maybe we could help them not to lose everything in their houses.ā€

ā€œSo what FEMA has told us is that [the tarps] are on the way and as soon as they get to Puerto Rico they will get them to us,ā€ Perez said. ā€œMost of [the mayors], thatā€™s what they are asking.ā€

ā€œSure, we need gasoline, diesel for our generators and our machines and everything but thatā€™s internal problems with the person that sells the diesel and the gasoline and the everything because they havenā€™t had the people to drive the trucks,ā€ he added. ā€œItā€™s been hard to get that over here and I know that the government is helping, so we are expecting maybe by next week that that will be in the past and that we wonā€™t have any problems with that.ā€

In his interview with TheDC, Perez stressed that Puerto Ricoā€™s fiscal crisis has left the island largely unable to solve its own problems.

The mayor was on the ground & your orange fuck was at his golf course.

I

So. The General arrives.

He does not like what he sees.

The soldiers under him are the ones carrying out this relief effort.

He needs to address his officers if these forces are not carrying out their duties.

Not blame the President.
When did the troops arrive?

Democrats generally feel that destroying the country is acceptable if it could be used against Trump. The San Juan mayor is the same kind of ideologue. The destruction of Puerto Rico is a small price to pay for causing Trump misery.
So the Democrats sent Maria to Puerto Rico? -

Trump said that Puerto Rico should try to help themselves. Evidently, they should use their own military to help instead os US troops?

Forum List

Back