Puerto Rican Mayor Blaming Trump Isn't Participating In The Relief Effort

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Turns out she's just lying her ass off about Trump's response in Puerto Rico.

San-Juan-Mayor-Yulin-Cruz-Hurricane-e1506814002692.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynaboā€™s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruzā€™s, in part because ā€” unlike Cruz ā€” he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz, a Democrat, has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that ā€œwe are going to see is something close to a genocideā€ if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ā€˜Nastyā€™ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesnā€™t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

ā€œMy experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. Iā€™m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,ā€ said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Ricoā€™s New Progressive Party.

Perezā€™s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trumpā€™s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruzā€™s ā€œgenocideā€ statement, Perez said, ā€œI donā€™t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and sheā€™s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I donā€™t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.ā€ (RELATED: San Juan Mayor Praised Convicted FALN Terrorist)

ā€œSome [mayors] would like the help to be faster but we also know that FEMA is dealing with what happened in Houston and in Florida and now in Puerto Rico,ā€ Perez said.

One thing that the mayors are counting on the federal government for is ā€œblue tarpsā€ to patch over damaged and missing roofs, Perez said. He noted that ā€œthousands of people have lost completely their houses but some of them have lost partially their houses so if we have the blue tarps maybe we could help them not to lose everything in their houses.ā€

ā€œSo what FEMA has told us is that [the tarps] are on the way and as soon as they get to Puerto Rico they will get them to us,ā€ Perez said. ā€œMost of [the mayors], thatā€™s what they are asking.ā€

ā€œSure, we need gasoline, diesel for our generators and our machines and everything but thatā€™s internal problems with the person that sells the diesel and the gasoline and the everything because they havenā€™t had the people to drive the trucks,ā€ he added. ā€œItā€™s been hard to get that over here and I know that the government is helping, so we are expecting maybe by next week that that will be in the past and that we wonā€™t have any problems with that.ā€

In his interview with TheDC, Perez stressed that Puerto Ricoā€™s fiscal crisis has left the island largely unable to solve its own problems.

In his interview with TheDC, Perez stressed that Puerto Ricoā€™s fiscal crisis has left the island largely unable to solve its own problems.
That seems to be the problem wherever democrats are in power.. They create cesspools and finger point at everyone else... Their good intentions are supposed to excuse the fact they are idiots and inept in all leadership rolls.

Last edited:
Democrats generally feel that destroying the country is acceptable if it could be used against Trump. The San Juan mayor is the same kind of ideologue. The destruction of Puerto Rico is a small price to pay for causing Trump misery.

FEMA Director: San Juan Mayor Refuses To Participate in Puerto Rico Unified Command and Relief Effortsā€¦

By what right does this miserable bitch have the right t o complain?

Said on Fox&Friends this morning that of the 78 mayors, she is the only one who is not cooperating and never set food in the command center in her own city.

Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

ā€œMy experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. Iā€™m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses,ā€ said Perez, who is a member of Puerto Ricoā€™s New Progressive Party.

Much more @ EXCLUSIVE: Fellow Puerto Rico Mayor Rips San Juan Mayor ā€” ā€˜Sheā€™s Not Participating In Any Meetingsā€™

She begs for more help, rejects Trump bragging about how great things are in PR because people are dying, and now she's a bad guy.

Today is day 11 of Trump not not asking congress for a relief package for PR or asking anybody to donate what they can to help.

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico cast serious doubt Saturday on the claims made by San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has repeatedly attacked President Trump and accused him of abandoning Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

Guaynaboā€™s mayor, Angel Perez, said in an interview with The Daily Caller that his experience with the federal government has been different from Cruzā€™s, in part because ā€” unlike Cruz ā€” he has been participating in meetings with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal agencies.

Cruz, a Democrat, has repeatedly accused Trump and the federal government of abandoning Puerto Rico. She demanded in a press conference on Friday that Trump do more to help the island, adding that ā€œwe are going to see is something close to a genocideā€ if more is not done. (RELATED: Trump Takes On San Juan Mayor For ā€˜Nastyā€™ Criticism Of Puerto Rico Response)

Mayor Perez told TheDC that the story Cruz is telling the media doesnā€™t mesh with what he has seen from the federal government.

Perezā€™s comments echoed what FEMA administrator Brock Long said on Saturday. Long defended Trumpā€™s tweets blasting Cruz and indicated that Cruz has failed to connect with the FEMA command center set up on the island to help with the relief effort.

When asked about Cruzā€™s ā€œgenocideā€ statement, Perez said, ā€œI donā€™t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and sheā€™s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I donā€™t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.ā€ (RELATED: San Juan Mayor Praised Convicted FALN Terrorist)

ā€œSome [mayors] would like the help to be faster but we also know that FEMA is dealing with what happened in Houston and in Florida and now in Puerto Rico,ā€ Perez said.

One thing that the mayors are counting on the federal government for is ā€œblue tarpsā€ to patch over damaged and missing roofs, Perez said. He noted that ā€œthousands of people have lost completely their houses but some of them have lost partially their houses so if we have the blue tarps maybe we could help them not to lose everything in their houses.ā€

ā€œSo what FEMA has told us is that [the tarps] are on the way and as soon as they get to Puerto Rico they will get them to us,ā€ Perez said. ā€œMost of [the mayors], thatā€™s what they are asking.ā€

ā€œSure, we need gasoline, diesel for our generators and our machines and everything but thatā€™s internal problems with the person that sells the diesel and the gasoline and the everything because they havenā€™t had the people to drive the trucks,ā€ he added. ā€œItā€™s been hard to get that over here and I know that the government is helping, so we are expecting maybe by next week that that will be in the past and that we wonā€™t have any problems with that.ā€

If she is not willing to be part of the solution than she is part of the problem, an obstacle that needs to be removed. Let the people demand that she step down and replace her with someone who is willing to cooperate with the United States in order to assist the people of Puerto Rico. This is not a time for political grand standing. The people of Puerto Rico need to make an example out of her and make it crystal clear that they won't tolerate anyone who is standing in the way of progress.

If she is not willing to be part of the solution than she is part of the problem, an obstacle that needs to be removed. Let the people demand that she step down and replace her with someone who is willing to cooperate with the United States in order to assist the people of Puerto Rico. This is not a time for political grand standing. The people of Puerto Rico need to make an example out of her and make it crystal clear that they won't tolerate anyone who is standing in the way of progress.
San Juan's Mayor:

4-1024x551.png

Trump:

636423781297882546-trumpgolf.jpg

Trump Golf Count

So many lives at stake and these right wingers are defending Trump attacks on people pleading for help.

I told you, these white wingers are no better than he is.

Republicans are saying the mayor in Puerto Rico can't get locals to drive trucks to distribute the aid materials, and it's Trumps fault? Imagine attacking someone faced with that devastation. What kind of person does that? Republicans, that's who. Of course, the governor won't say anything. He's afraid Trump will cut aid out of spite. Remember what Trump did to his nephew's baby which was in the hospital. That's the real Trump and the leader of the GOP.

A smart person would ask, "Why won't locals show up?"

The country is devastated. They don't show up for several reasons:

They can't get there.
They have a family that's hurt.
They are afraid of driving the truck into an area they could be attacked by desperate survivors.

And probably another three for four reasons I never thought of.

The US spends hundreds and hundreds of billions on a military for defense. This is defense. The country has been attacked. First by hurricanes then by disease and starvation. Get that expensive military out there helping these people.

Like Gen. Russell Honore asks, where are the airdrops with paratroopers to protect the supplies and see they are distributed fairly? Where are Aircraft carriers? Where are the helicopters? Where are military tricks and drivers? Where are army engineers to mend the airports?

And Trump whines: It's an island. It's in the ocean. It's surrounded by water. WTF?

We have all that we are suffering to pay for, why aren't we using it?
What the hell is going on?
5133-1506791418-e2db77a7ad1f4ea40bff82444a4ccf45.png

Puerto Rico vs Texas.

Mayor Carmen is extremely dishonest. WaPo also reported that she is trying to be the Governor of Puerto Rico. For her own political agenda, she is tarnishing the reputation of Puerto Ricans. The city should find a way to fire such dishonest administrators. Read on Mainstream media and Democrats exploiting Puerto Rico crisis for political gains
You think people in Puerto Rico are hearing about this and it's influencing their politics? THEY HAVE NO WATER. NO POWER. THEY ARE NOT HEARING ANYTHING. Trump didn't want to lift the Jones Act because he was afraid of "business interests," and only did so because of the backlash. Trump STILL hasn't asked for a relief package from Congress. The Mayor is there, living that shit, while Trump the bully hurls insults at her and her people. You should be glad they aren't hearing about that, scum.

I just heard yesterday she has NOT engaged with FEMA at all. How can that be? The only logical conclusion is we have yet another Liberal Mayor bashing President Trump to gain notoriety for herself. If there is another explanation then let's hear it.

I just heard yesterday she has NOT engaged with FEMA at all. How can that be? The only logical conclusion is we have yet another Liberal Mayor bashing President Trump to gain notoriety for herself. If there is another explanation then let's hear it.
Why would she hang around the FEMA office when she is out doing her job? She is mayor to the largest city in Puerto Rico and she has people working for her that are experts in disaster relief.

This is what she said:
So we got appointed a FEMA coordinator. We have two people that are appointed to San Juan. We are the capital city, the largest city in Puerto Rico, with the most amount of population. And we got appointed just -- direct links. So, actually, I was in FEMA the couple of days afterwards. When they were at the San Juan Marriott, I was invited to visit and we have been communicating ever since.

People from my administration have been meeting, of course.

----------------------

Once again, the GOP on the attack.

They can't get there.
They are afraid of driving the truck into an area they could be attacked by desperate survivors.

They don't show up for the same reason they didn't "show up" before the hurricane. They are Puerto Rican. They are mixed with enough African blood that they are relatively helpless in the face of natural disasters. Haiti still hasn't recovered from the earthquake 20 years ago, while the Japanese have already recovered from the much worse, much more recent tsunami that devastated their island.

They can't get there.

They don't show up for the same reason they didn't "show up" before the hurricane. They are Puerto Rican. They are mixed with enough African blood that they are relatively helpless in the face of natural disasters. Haiti still hasn't recovered from the earthquake 20 years ago, while the Japanese have already recovered from the much worse, much more recent tsunami that devastated their island.
Thank God, US Policies, like the Jones Act don't fuck over the Territory, not even a state.

These white wing Republicans have turned off the truth in their effort to defend their cult leader.

yeah as she is standing in front of pallets and pallets of aid

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg
Because she is at a distribution dock.

WTF is wrong with you people.

Gen. Horore had it right.

what is wrong with you fuckhead

when their drivers are refusing to help unless they get paid

--LOL

you know your position is FUCKED when the liberal Geraldo Rivera

is busting on her

--LOL

Geraldo Riveraā€Verified account @GeraldoRivera
#SanJuanMayor says residents are "dying," & somehow @realDonaldTrump is to blame. I'm here. Who is dying? Why? Where? Let me help save them.

Geraldo Riveraā€Verified account @GeraldoRivera 5h5 hours ago
#SanJuanMayor is being partisan in her sharp unfair attacks on @realDonaldTrump But calling her 'politically motivated ingrate' is too harsh

yeah as she is standing in front of pallets and pallets of aid

san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg
Because she is at a distribution dock.

WTF is wrong with you people.

Gen. Horore had it right.

what is wrong with you fuckhead

when their drivers are refusing to help unless they get paid

--LOL

you know your position is FUCKED when the liberal Geraldo Rivera

is busting on her

--LOL

Geraldo Riveraā€Verified account @GeraldoRivera
#SanJuanMayor says residents are "dying," & somehow @realDonaldTrump is to blame. I'm here. Who is dying? Why? Where? Let me help save them.

Geraldo Riveraā€Verified account @GeraldoRivera 5h5 hours ago
#SanJuanMayor is being partisan in her sharp unfair attacks on @realDonaldTrump But calling her 'politically motivated ingrate' is too harsh

Geraldo Riveraā€Verified account @GeraldoRivera Sep 30
On the ground I see the suffering-but feel deeply that attacking @realDonaldTrump for the ravages of nature &neglect is politicizing tragedy

Forum List

Back