Public school children forced to pray to Allah

What are you hiding, Jack Fate? Everyone of your objections have been noted and competently answered. You stand here like the forum buffoon side by side with conhog and daveman and The Rabbi and Tea Party Samurai and bigrebbyrd. If you are the level of competition for the Dems, they are home safe.

Now you're lying. No, there is one question that hasn't been answered. What is al taquiyya?

Taquiyya
Taqiyya is a form of deception particular to Islam. It allows Muslims to deceive in order to protect themselves or Islam. A literal translation is dissimulation, which means to disguise, or conceal, ones true intentions, or feelings. So, basically it is a licence to lie to people, or at least hide the truth. A well known practitioner of Taqiyya was the late Yasser Arafat, who was well known for saying one thing for the consumption of Western TV audiences, and another thing when among friends in Palestine.

This is how you get Islamic organisations in the UK, Europe, and elsewhere hiding their true aims. They may have a desire to see an Islamic state (Khilafah, or Caliphate), where everybody lives under Sharia law, but this will not be mentioned in their literature, or on their web sites. Of course, the truth always comes out, but they just deny it.

They will tell you that Islam means peace, when in reality it means total submission to the will of Allah. Of course, many Muslims believe that if Islam takes over the world, there will, in the end, be total peace (actually, the different sects would continue to kill each other). The point is, that to aspire to this world wide Caliphate, many of them think that armed Jihad (holy war), is a perfectly acceptable means to an end. They will quote the early verses in the Koran, which support their description of Islam as a religion of peace, but they will fail to mention that many of these verses were abrogated (substituted by), later, more warlike verses.

Taquiyya - Deception - Lying | Pentagramz

Origin of the Practice
The practice of concealing one’s faith in dangerous circumstances originates in the Qur’an itself, which deems blameless those who disguise their beliefs in such cases [3]. (See, however, the Denial of Peter.) The practice of taqiyya in difficult circumstances is considered legitimate by Muslims of various persuasions. Sunni and Shi’i commentators alike observe that Q 16:106 in particular refers to the case of ‘Ammar b. Yasir, who was forced to renounce his beliefs under physical duress and torture.[4]

Similarly, Q 3:28 enjoins believers not to take the company of doubters unless as a means of safeguarding themselves. “Let not the believers take those who deny the truth for their allies in preference to the believers – since he who does this cuts himself off from God in everything – unless it be to protect yourself against them in this way…”[5] Regarding 3:28, Ibn Kathir, a prominent authority writes, "Whoever at any time or place fears their [infidels'] evil may protect himself through outward show." As proof of this, he quotes Muhammad's companion, al-Hassan, who said, “taqiyya is acceptable till the Day of Judgment [i.e., in perpetuity].”

[edit] Historical examples of Taqiyya
[edit] Sunni Uses
In the inquisition miḥna during the Caliphate of al-Ma’mun, a number of Sunni scholars used taqiyya, attesting to the Qur’an as having been created despite believing the opposite.[6]

[edit] Shi'i Uses
As a minority living under the political dominance of Sunni Muslims, Shi’i often protected themselves through prudence and caution. In Shi’i legal literature, there is a range of situations in which taqiyya may be used or even required. For Shi’i Muslims, taqiyya has two aspects: to conceal their association with the Imams when revealing it would result in danger, and protecting the esoteric teachings of the Imams from those who lack the capacity to grasp them.

[edit] Twelver Shi’a
Ayatollah Sistani describes the concept of taqiyya as follows:

1.Taqiyya is done for reasons of safety. For example, a person may fear that he might be killed or harmed if he does not observe taqiyya. In this case, taqiyya is obligatory.
2.Reconciliatory taqiyya. The purpose of this type of taqiyya is to reconcile with the other side or to soften their hearts. This kind of taqiyya is permissible but not obligatory.
3.Sometimes, taqiyya may cause a more important obligation to be lost or missed; if so it is forbidden. For example, when I know that silence would cause oppression and infidelity to spread and will make people go astray, in such a situation it is not permissible to be silent and to dissimulate.
4.Sometimes, taqiyya may lead to the death of an innocent person; if so, it is not permissible. It is therefore haram (forbidden) to kill a human being to save your own life.[7]
[edit] Ismaili Shi’a
For the Ismailis in the aftermath of the Mongol onslaught of the Alamut state in 1256 CE, the need to practice taqiyya grew greater than ever.[says who?] This was not only for the protection of the community itself, which was now stateless, but also for safeguarding the line of the Nizari Ismaili Imamate during this period of unrest. Accordingly, the Shi’i Imam al-Baqir stated “Taqiyya is my religion and the religion of my ancestors”, a tradition recorded in various sources including Kitāb al-Maḥāsin of Aḥmad b. Muhammad al-Barqī and the Da‘ā’im al-Islām of Qadī al-Nu ‘mān.[8] Such periods in which the Imams are concealed are known as satr, however the term may also refer to times when the Imams were not physically hidden from view but rather when the community was required to practice precautionary dissimulation. During satr the Imam could only be accessed by his community and in extremely dangerous circumstances, would be accessible only to the highest ranking members of the Ismaili hierarchy (ḥudūd), whose function it was to transmit the teachings of the Imam to the community.

According to Shi’a scholar Muhammad Husain Javari Sabinal, Shi’ism would not have spread at all if not for taqiyya, referring to instances where Shi'a have been ruthlessly persecuted by the Sunni political elite during the Umayyad and Abbasid empires.[9] Indeed for the Ismailis, the persistence and prosperity of the community today owes largely to the careful safeguarding of the beliefs and teachings of the Imams during the Ilkhanate, Safawid dynasty, and other periods of persecution.

Further reading
Bar-Asher, Me'ir Mikha'el (1999). Scripture and Exegesis in Early Imami Shiism. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11495-5
Cook, Michael (2003). Early Muslim Dogma: A Source-Critical Study. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-54572-2
Daftary, Farhad (1992). The Isma'ilis: Their History and Doctrines. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-42974-9
Hafizullah Emadi (1998). The end of taqiyya: reaffirming the religious identity of Ismailis in Shughnan, Badakhshan - political implications for Afghanistan. Middle Eastern Studies. 34(3), 103-120.
Hafizullah Emadi (2000). Praxis of taqiyya: perseverance of Pashaye Ismaili enclave, Nangarhar, Afghanistan. Central Asian Survey. 19(2), 253-264.
Firro, Kais (1999). The Druzes in the Jewish State: A Brief History. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11251-0
Gleaves, Robert (2000). Inevitable Doubt. Two Theories of Shi'i Jurisprudence. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11595-1
Misri, Ahmad ibn Naqib al- (1997). The Reliance of the Traveler, translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller, Amana Publications.
Virani, Shafique (2007). “The Ismailis in the Middle Ages: A History of Survival, A Search for Salvation”. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-531173-0

Taqiyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What are you hiding, Jack Fate? Everyone of your objections have been noted and competently answered. You stand here like the forum buffoon side by side with conhog and daveman and The Rabbi and Tea Party Samurai and bigrebbyrd. If you are the level of competition for the Dems, they are home safe.

Now you're lying. No, there is one question that hasn't been answered. What is al taquiyya?

Here ya go Jackoff Flake...........

Taqiya is the Islamic practice of precautionary dissimulation whereby believers may conceal their Muslim faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion.[1] The term taqiyya (تقیه) (pronounced as tagiyeh by speakers of Iranian Persian; alternate spelling taqiya) is derived from the Arabic triliteral root waw-qaf-ya, denoting "piety, devotion, uprightness, and godliness, and it means the brightest star",[2].

I bet you thought it was the practice of lying to non Muslims, didn't ya? Might wanna lay off those right wing blogs dude, they're affecting your judgment.

Question........as a Christian, would you hide your beliefs in Muslim lands?

No, as a Christian I would not hide my belief in Muslim lands. Christians are told to be open and honest.

Wikipedia is not considered a scholarly reliable source. Try again.

Taquiyya
Taqiyya is a form of deception particular to Islam. It allows Muslims to deceive in order to protect themselves or Islam. A literal translation is dissimulation, which means to disguise, or conceal, ones true intentions, or feelings. So, basically it is a licence to lie to people, or at least hide the truth. A well known practitioner of Taqiyya was the late Yasser Arafat, who was well known for saying one thing for the consumption of Western TV audiences, and another thing when among friends in Palestine.

This is how you get Islamic organisations in the UK, Europe, and elsewhere hiding their true aims. They may have a desire to see an Islamic state (Khilafah, or Caliphate), where everybody lives under Sharia law, but this will not be mentioned in their literature, or on their web sites. Of course, the truth always comes out, but they just deny it.

They will tell you that Islam means peace, when in reality it means total submission to the will of Allah. Of course, many Muslims believe that if Islam takes over the world, there will, in the end, be total peace (actually, the different sects would continue to kill each other). The point is, that to aspire to this world wide Caliphate, many of them think that armed Jihad (holy war), is a perfectly acceptable means to an end. They will quote the early verses in the Koran, which support their description of Islam as a religion of peace, but they will fail to mention that many of these verses were abrogated (substituted by), later, more warlike verses.

Origin of the Practice
The practice of concealing one’s faith in dangerous circumstances originates in the Qur’an itself, which deems blameless those who disguise their beliefs in such cases [3]. (See, however, the Denial of Peter.) The practice of taqiyya in difficult circumstances is considered legitimate by Muslims of various persuasions. Sunni and Shi’i commentators alike observe that Q 16:106 in particular refers to the case of ‘Ammar b. Yasir, who was forced to renounce his beliefs under physical duress and torture.[4]

Similarly, Q 3:28 enjoins believers not to take the company of doubters unless as a means of safeguarding themselves. “Let not the believers take those who deny the truth for their allies in preference to the believers – since he who does this cuts himself off from God in everything – unless it be to protect yourself against them in this way…”[5] Regarding 3:28, Ibn Kathir, a prominent authority writes, "Whoever at any time or place fears their [infidels'] evil may protect himself through outward show." As proof of this, he quotes Muhammad's companion, al-Hassan, who said, “taqiyya is acceptable till the Day of Judgment [i.e., in perpetuity].”

[edit] Sunni Uses
In the inquisition miḥna during the Caliphate of al-Ma’mun, a number of Sunni scholars used taqiyya, attesting to the Qur’an as having been created despite believing the opposite.[6]

[edit] Shi'i Uses
As a minority living under the political dominance of Sunni Muslims, Shi’i often protected themselves through prudence and caution. In Shi’i legal literature, there is a range of situations in which taqiyya may be used or even required. For Shi’i Muslims, taqiyya has two aspects: to conceal their association with the Imams when revealing it would result in danger, and protecting the esoteric teachings of the Imams from those who lack the capacity to grasp them.

[edit] Twelver Shi’a

1.Taqiyya is done for reasons of safety. For example, a person may fear that he might be killed or harmed if he does not observe taqiyya. In this case, taqiyya is obligatory.
2.Reconciliatory taqiyya. The purpose of this type of taqiyya is to reconcile with the other side or to soften their hearts. This kind of taqiyya is permissible but not obligatory.
3.Sometimes, taqiyya may cause a more important obligation to be lost or missed; if so it is forbidden. For example, when I know that silence would cause oppression and infidelity to spread and will make people go astray, in such a situation it is not permissible to be silent and to dissimulate.
4.Sometimes, taqiyya may lead to the death of an innocent person; if so, it is not permissible. It is therefore haram (forbidden) to kill a human being to save your own life.[7]
[edit] Ismaili Shi’a
For the Ismailis in the aftermath of the Mongol onslaught of the Alamut state in 1256 CE, the need to practice taqiyya grew greater than ever.[says who?] This was not only for the protection of the community itself, which was now stateless, but also for safeguarding the line of the Nizari Ismaili Imamate during this period of unrest. Accordingly, the Shi’i Imam al-Baqir stated “Taqiyya is my religion and the religion of my ancestors”, a tradition recorded in various sources including Kitāb al-Maḥāsin of Aḥmad b. Muhammad al-Barqī and the Da‘ā’im al-Islām of Qadī al-Nu ‘mān.[8] Such periods in which the Imams are concealed are known as satr, however the term may also refer to times when the Imams were not physically hidden from view but rather when the community was required to practice precautionary dissimulation. During satr the Imam could only be accessed by his community and in extremely dangerous circumstances, would be accessible only to the highest ranking members of the Ismaili hierarchy (ḥudūd), whose function it was to transmit the teachings of the Imam to the community.

According to Shi’a scholar Muhammad Husain Javari Sabinal, Shi’ism would not have spread at all if not for taqiyya, referring to instances where Shi'a have been ruthlessly persecuted by the Sunni political elite during the Umayyad and Abbasid empires.[9] Indeed for the Ismailis, the persistence and prosperity of the community today owes largely to the careful safeguarding of the beliefs and teachings of the Imams during the Ilkhanate, Safawid dynasty, and other periods of persecution.

Further reading
Bar-Asher, Me'ir Mikha'el (1999). Scripture and Exegesis in Early Imami Shiism. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11495-5
Cook, Michael (2003). Early Muslim Dogma: A Source-Critical Study. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-54572-2
Daftary, Farhad (1992). The Isma'ilis: Their History and Doctrines. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-42974-9
Hafizullah Emadi (1998). The end of taqiyya: reaffirming the religious identity of Ismailis in Shughnan, Badakhshan - political implications for Afghanistan. Middle Eastern Studies. 34(3), 103-120.
Hafizullah Emadi (2000). Praxis of taqiyya: perseverance of Pashaye Ismaili enclave, Nangarhar, Afghanistan. Central Asian Survey. 19(2), 253-264.
Firro, Kais (1999). The Druzes in the Jewish State: A Brief History. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11251-0
Gleaves, Robert (2000). Inevitable Doubt. Two Theories of Shi'i Jurisprudence. Brill Academic Publishers. ISBN 90-04-11595-1
Misri, Ahmad ibn Naqib al- (1997). The Reliance of the Traveler, translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller, Amana Publications.
Virani, Shafique (2007). “The Ismailis in the Middle Ages: A History of Survival, A Search for Salvation”. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-531173-0

So basically, what we have are muslims who lie to the rest of us to further the cause of Islam's goal of world domination. Would that be a fair assessment?

Taquiyya

Origin of the Practice

[edit] Sunni Uses

[edit] Shi'i Uses

[edit] Twelver Shi’a

[edit] Ismaili Shi’a

Further reading

So basically, what we have are muslims who lie to the rest of us to further the cause of Islam's goal of world domination. Would that be a fair assessment?

And You wonder what They could possibly have in common with Big Government??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taquiyya

Origin of the Practice

[edit] Sunni Uses

[edit] Shi'i Uses

[edit] Twelver Shi’a

[edit] Ismaili Shi’a

Further reading

And You wonder what They could possibly have in common with Big Government??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really think you've hit it. It does seem all the defenders of Islam are also proponents of big government and liberals or else just dumb, but then I repeat myself.

ITT: morons. :lol:

On Liberty

John Stuart Mill

John Stuart Mill explains “The subject of this Essay is not the so-called Liberty of the Will, so unfortunately opposed to the misnamed doctrine of Philosophical Necessity; but Civil, or Social Liberty: the nature and limits of the power which can be legitimately exercised by society over the individual.” This timeless essay addresses points that resonate into our twenty-first century world.

I.Introductory

II.Of the Liberty of Thought and Discussion

III.Of Individuality, as One of the Elements of Well-Being

IV.Of the Limits to the Authority of Society over the Individual

V.Applications

Mill, John Stuart. 1869. On Liberty

Calling people names is not a very good way to get converts to the religion of peace.

Nor is being a moron a good way to win people over to your half-baked way of thinking. I guess we both have our faults. :thup:

I'm not looking for converts. I don't have an agenda.
There's one lie...

I'm looking for truth.
And another. An honest person without an agenda doesn't complain about Wikipedia being a "non-scholarly source" and then accept a blog post as proof of something a few minutes later. Your silly agenda was obvious when you began posting, ape. :lol:

Nor is being a moron a good way to win people over to your half-baked way of thinking. I guess we both have our faults. :thup:

There's one lie...

I'm looking for truth.
And another. An honest person without an agenda doesn't complain about Wikipedia being a "non-scholarly source" and then accept a blog post as proof of something a few minutes later. Your silly agenda was obvious when you began posting, ape. :lol:

Okay, camel breath. Then tell me......

What is al taquiyya?

There's one lie...

I'm looking for truth.

Okay, camel breath.
"No agenda," clearly. :lol:

Then tell me......

What is al taquiyaya?
That question was answered for you. It's the dissimulation of your religious beliefs when revealing them will give others cause to harm you. Bad memory?

There's one lie...

Okay, camel breath.
"No agenda," clearly. :lol:

Then tell me......

What is al taquiyaya?
That question was answered for you. It's the dissimulation of your religious beliefs when revealing them will give others cause to harm you. Bad memory?

Nope. No agenda. You call me a name, you get one right back. Grow up.

Lying. That is what you are defending. Jesus told his followers to always tell the truth even in the face of death. Maybe that's why Christians are bolder and braver and muslims are cowards.

Lying. That is what you are defending. Jesus told his followers to always tell the truth even in the face of death.

Call it whatever you want. Anybody who sacrifices himself needlessly isn't a martyr, he's a fool. You're grasping at straws.

Maybe that's why Christians are bolder and braver and muslims are cowards.
No agenda at all, right? Fucking tool. :lol:

Brave Christians:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRrZlYN2xw]YouTube - Cowardly American Marines in Iraq[/ame]

Jack Fate hides his "faith" here. If Jack was questioned about his faith if he were in Saudia Arabia, he would show the religion police his prayer rug.

Lying. That is what you are defending. Jesus told his followers to always tell the truth even in the face of death.

Call it whatever you want. Anybody who sacrifices himself needlessly isn't a martyr, he's a fool. You're grasping at straws.

Maybe that's why Christians are bolder and braver and muslims are cowards.
No agenda at all, right? Fucking tool. :lol:

Brave Christians:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRrZlYN2xw]YouTube - Cowardly American Marines in Iraq[/ame]

Fucking fool.

Those aren't Christians. Those are Marines. Are you on medication?

Jack Fate hides his "faith" here. If Jack was questioned about his faith if he were in Saudia Arabia, he would show the religion police his prayer rug.

deleted

The weakness of your position, and your own sexuality, becomes apparent with that own post.

You can't discuss fairly the theme that American Muslims every bit as American as you, Jack Fate, yet you want to single them out as threats to the country but won't denounce Christian terrorists, like the Aryan Church or the Ku Klux Klan. You are every bit degenerate as your hero and alcoholic, Joe McCarthy.

Folks like you and TPS and the other fauxcons are in such a small minority that when you throw tantrums, the adults just point at you and grin.

Forum List

Back