Public school children forced to pray to Allah

I thought you guys WANTED to return prayer to schools?

Oh....I see
You only want to return YOUR PRAYER to schools

I see ...... You only want to return non Christian prayer to schools. Not only that, you want to defend what was inexcusable behavior. ;)

It was acceptable when it was Christian prayer.

Why wouldn't you want your children to learn about Islam?

I thought you guys WANTED to return prayer to schools?

Oh....I see
You only want to return YOUR PRAYER to schools

I see ...... You only want to return non Christian prayer to schools. Not only that, you want to defend what was inexcusable behavior. ;)

Let me help you here Sparky. You are so caught up in your assumptions right now that you are making a fool out of yourself. That may be the norm, but it doesn't have to stay that way. There are some things that are not okay in any name. That was admitted to. It seems your team can do nothing wrong, and you will just twist reality any which way to suit your position. You truly wonder why everything is so screwed up?????

pros·e·ly·tize verb \ˈprä-s(ə-)lə-ˌtīz\
pros·e·ly·tizedpros·e·ly·tiz·ing
Definition of PROSELYTIZE
intransitive verb
1: to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2: to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause
transitive verb
: to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause
— pros·e·ly·ti·za·tion\ˌprä-s(ə-)lə-tə-ˈzā-shən, ˌprä-sə-ˌlī-tə-\ noun
— pros·e·ly·tiz·er\ˈprä-s(ə-)lə-ˌtī-zər\ noun
Examples of PROSELYTIZE
He uses his position to proselytize for the causes that he supports.
<the efforts of early missionaries to proselytize the Native Americans of Minnesota were largely unproductive>
First Known Use of PROSELYTIZE
Related to PROSELYTIZE
Synonyms: proselyte, convert

Proselytize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Let me help you here Sparky. You are so caught up in your assumptions right now that you are making a fool out of yourself. That may be the norm, but it doesn't have to stay that way. There are some things that are not okay in any name. That was admitted to. It seems your team can do nothing wrong, and you will just twist reality any which way to suit your position. You truly wonder why everything is so screwed up?????

pros·e·ly·tize verb \&#712;prä-s(&#601;-)l&#601;-&#716;t&#299;z\
pros·e·ly·tizedpros·e·ly·tiz·ing
Definition of PROSELYTIZE
intransitive verb
1: to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2: to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause
transitive verb
: to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause
— pros·e·ly·ti·za·tion\&#716;prä-s(&#601;-)l&#601;-t&#601;-&#712;z&#257;-sh&#601;n, &#716;prä-s&#601;-&#716;l&#299;-t&#601;-\ noun
— pros·e·ly·tiz·er\&#712;prä-s(&#601;-)l&#601;-&#716;t&#299;-z&#601;r\ noun
Examples of PROSELYTIZE
He uses his position to proselytize for the causes that he supports.
<the efforts of early missionaries to proselytize the Native Americans of Minnesota were largely unproductive>
First Known Use of PROSELYTIZE
Related to PROSELYTIZE
Synonyms: proselyte, convert

Proselytize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Gee....I guess you are right. You sure convinced me

This is the reason we don't want children learning ANY religion in school. It is not a schools responsibility to teach about the existence of God or how to pray to him. That is up to the parents and religious institutions.

That is why we pulled prayer from the schools 50 years ago....it was right then and is right now

Did any of the children become Muslims because of a 1/2 day field trip?

Not the point.

Riiiiight.................not the point, yet you Republitards are screaming about the people at the mosque are teaching the wrong thing, as well as trying to convert the kids via showing them prayers.

Not the point? Then why do you right wing idiots keep bringing it up? If your kids are so weak minded that you're scared a 1/2 day field trip is gonna turn them into terrorists, maybe you should keep your kids at home and give them a helmet.

I get it, you Pussies cannot defend your argument, therefore you need to change the argument, without regard to my position on school prayer, you assume either you have it right, or, that the truth of the matter is irrelevant to your position. You are like little girls at a sleep over, on a bad hair day. Wimps. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, libertarian guy, what you want to do in a social, public, or governmental setting does not override the social compact. We do not organize official prayer in school settings that are dictated by school officials. If you want that, then you better get a super majority, which of course negates your own philosophy.

Intense, you have p'wnd yourself in this argument.

Nope, libertarian guy, what you want to do in a social, public, or governmental setting does not override the social compact. We do not organize official prayer in school settings that are dictated by school officials. If you want that, then you better get a super majority, which of course negates your own philosophy.

Intense, you have p'wnd yourself in this argument.

Jake, you are among the last that should give advice. You can't even get your argument right. Who is injecting official prayer in school Jake????? You????? The voices in your head????? Did you miss your medication or get the dosages wrong? What day is it Jake????? Who is President????? Where is your Name Tag????? It's not a suppository Jake.

For the Record Jake, I'm Independent, with strong Conservative and Libertarian characteristics.

Did any of the children become Muslims because of a 1/2 day field trip?

Not the point.

Riiiiight.................not the point, yet you Republitards are screaming about the people at the mosque are teaching the wrong thing, as well as trying to convert the kids via showing them prayers.

Not the point? Then why do you right wing idiots keep bringing it up? If your kids are so weak minded that you're scared a 1/2 day field trip is gonna turn them into terrorists, maybe you should keep your kids at home and give them a helmet.

It's not the point to me at all. I don't want ANYONE making my child pray to ANY god at a school function. High school age kids, okay they can choose whether to participate or not, middle school kids? Nope, studies have shown that they will follow the example set by whoever is with them at the time.

self pounding by fools is the best.

going on a field trip to learn about another culture is not making them pray. Country bumpkins

people are upset because public school kids had religion forced down their throats on a field trip?..

well last year my public high school business class / entrepreneurship program and i went on a field trip to listen to seminars and lecture by people of professions that we were interested in. however we had not been informed that the seminars were being held at a christian college or that half the trip would be spent in the campus church, where we really were forced to listen to creepy people talking about the power of god, the missionary journeys they had embarked on, praise the lord blah blah blah. we were also welcomed to sign up to spread the word of christianity through their whatever program..

i doubt the people freaked out over the mosque field trip would see a problem in that.

Last edited:
people are upset because public school kids had religion forced down their throats on a field trip?..

well last year my public high school business class / entrepreneurship program and i went on a field trip to listen to seminars and lecture by people of professions that we were interested in. however we had not been informed that the seminars were being held at a christian college or that half the trip would be spent in the campus church, where we really were forced to listen to creepy people talking about the power of god, the missionary journeys they had embarked on, praise the lord blah blah blah. we were also welcomed to sign up to spread the word of christianity through their whatever program..

i doubt the people freaked out over the mosque field trip would see a problem in that.

I actually agree with you in the proselytizing being inappropriate. Most of us do, that is the point.

but youre assuming proselytizing happened on that mosque trip.
no one covered to islam on that school field trip.

none of those kids were forced in to praying.. they were asked, and some agreed.
no harm done

but youre assuming proselytizing happened on that mosque trip.
no one covered to islam on that school field trip.

none of those kids were forced in to praying.. they were asked, and some agreed.
no harm done

I'm not assuming that inappropriate behavior did actually happen. It was wrong. There was an apology. You all just keep beating a dead horse.

dude no beating of a dead horse.. its a discussion board.. chill
the post is titled 'public school children forced to pray to allah'
but that never happened
so it shouldnt be that big of a deal
but for some odd reason it is..
thats all im saying

Forum List

Back