Psychotic 9TH Circuit Court Appoints Special Prosecutor To Override Trump's Pardon Of Sheriff Arpaio

You should read your links before you post them.

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

Actually, accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.

You don't have an option to accept or reject a pardon, Arpaio didn't ask for it, Trump just issued it. Personally, as I said at the time, I think Trump was a little hasty, he should have waited on the appeals.

Of course you have the option to accept or reject a pardon.

The Court ruled on that back in 1833.

United States v. Wilson - Wikipedia

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

More bullshit.

:lol:

No, you're wrong, again.

Accepting a pardon is equivalent to an admission of guilt, as ruled by the Supreme Court in 1915.

Burdick v. United States, 236 US 79 - Supreme Court 1915 - Google Scholar
Supreme Court? That fascist court??

You don't have an option to accept or reject a pardon, Arpaio didn't ask for it, Trump just issued it. Personally, as I said at the time, I think Trump was a little hasty, he should have waited on the appeals.

LOL

You nutters are a fucking riot, I tell ya. :lmao:

Why? Oblamer pardons terrorists killing American soldiers and no problem there? Arpiao is an American patriot wrongfully convicted. Thank You President Trump.

More bullshit.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Show us the law that says it is, dumbfuck.

More bullshit.

I already did.

More bullshit.

LOL

Check out post #50

More bullshit.

No, you're wrong, again.

Accepting a pardon is equivalent to an admission of guilt, as ruled by the Supreme Court in 1915.

Supreme Court? That fascist court??

The decision doesn't say that accepting a pardon is admission of guilt. It talks a lot about what happens when a pardon is issued before a conviction or admission of guilt. That's something entirely different.

Major FAIL, dumbfuck.

More bullshit.

I already did.
Hmmmmm . . . . NOT!

More bullshit.

I already did.
Hmmmmm . . . . NOT!

You're still wrong.

. . . Indeed, the grace of a pardon, though good its intention, may be only in pretense or seeming; in pretense, as having purpose not moving from the individual to whom it is offered; in seeming, as involving consequences of even greater disgrace than those from which it purports to relieve. Circumstances may be made to bring innocence under the penalties of the law. If so brought, escape by confession of guilt implied in the acceptance of a pardon may be rejected, — preferring to be the victim of the law rather than its acknowledged transgressor — preferring death even to such certain infamy . . .

. . . This brings us to the differences between legislative immunity and a pardon. They are substantial. The latter carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it. The former has no such imputation or confession. It is tantamount to the silence of the witness. It is non-committal. It is the unobtrusive act of the law giving protection against a sinister use of his testimony, not like a pardon requiring him to confess his guilt in order to avoid a conviction of it.

More bullshit.

No, you're wrong, again.

That was a strange case.

Of course you have the option to accept or reject a pardon.

The Court ruled on that back in 1833.

United States v. Wilson - Wikipedia

Yeah, that case was mentioned in the other one, learn something new every day.

LOL

You nutters are a fucking riot, I tell ya. :lmao:

I see you're powerless to actually address what I said, sad.

They can't stand it so much that they're going to attempt to neutralize Trump's executive authority to pardon people.

9th Circuit appoints special prosecutor against Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Really the system of presidential pardon is looking increasingly shaky as the Presidency is reduced in stature.

There should be a bi-partisan committee to decide, not one individual.

Get the fuck back in your cage and don't tell us how to run our country.

The USSC twice rules that a person has that option. That a pardon isn't something that automatically applies, but is a document you can take to the court to use as a get out of jail free card. If a person doesn't execute the pardon, it's just a piece of paper.

When Arfpaio tried to execute the pardon to both stop the sanctions, and clear his conviction, they said the pardon doesn't erase the record. "Scooter" Libby paid $259,000 in fines and did 400 hours of community service for his conviction when Bush commuted his 30 month sentence. The Trump pardon of Libby doesn't entitle him to get the $250,000 back, or undo his community service. Those parts of his record clearly remain despite a pardon.

They can't stand it so much that they're going to attempt to neutralize Trump's executive authority to pardon people.

Really the system of presidential pardon is looking increasingly shaky as the Presidency is reduced in stature.

Watch it with the "us" and "our country" I think that frigidweirdo is an American citizen, and one who has a good idea. There has been no good reason given as to why trump pardoned arpaio, or libby, for that matter. Both of them showed disrespect for the law and the rule of law, so their pardons seem to have stemmed from blatant political partisanship and trump's disrespect for the law.; a misuse of his powers for political gain. The idea of a bi-partisan committee is a good one.

And yes, I am one of "us."

Watch it with the "us" and "our country" I think that frigidweirdo is an American citizen, and one who has a good idea. There has been no good reason given as to why trump pardoned arpaio, or libby, for that matter. Both of them showed disrespect for the law and the rule of law, so their pardons seem to have stemmed from blatant political partisanship and trump's disrespect for the law.; a misuse of his powers for political gain. The idea of a bi-partisan committee is a good one.

I don't think whoever you were talking to (a person on my ignore list and you can see why) cares whether I'm American or not, they don't want others to have control. Fascist tendencies you might call it.

I don't think whoever you were talking to (a person on my ignore list and you can see why) cares whether I'm American or not, they don't want others to have control. Fascist tendencies you might call it.

It was someone called "Sun Devil 92," who ordered you to "[g]et the fuck back in your cage and don't tell us how to run our country." This is someone who thinks that he is entitled to define who Americans are, you and me both, given his unearned sense of entitlement. Definitely fascist. This comment angered this born-and-bred American Jersey Girl, who would love to give him the All-American middle-finger salute.

It was someone called "Sun Devil 92," who ordered you to "[g]et the fuck back in your cage and don't tell us how to run our country." This is someone who thinks that he is entitled to define who Americans are, you and me both, given his unearned sense of entitlement. Definitely fascist. This comment angered this born-and-bred American Jersey Girl, who would love to give him the All-American middle-finger salute.

It's kind of normal. There's a threat about who loves their country, and they'll define it to make it themselves who are the patriots and anyone who disagrees with them is treasonous.

Forum List

Back