Psychotic 9TH Circuit Court Appoints Special Prosecutor To Override Trump's Pardon Of Sheriff Arpaio

So Trump's premature ejaculation of the pardon screwed Arpaio. Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are.
My question. Was the Sheriff convicted on State Charges or Federal.

That makes a huge difference since Pardons can not be given on State Charges.

You don't have an option to accept or reject a pardon, Arpaio didn't ask for it, Trump just issued it. Personally, as I said at the time, I think Trump was a little hasty, he should have waited on the appeals.
The USSC twice rules that a person has that option. That a pardon isn't something that automatically applies, but is a document you can take to the court to use as a get out of jail free card. If a person doesn't execute the pardon, it's just a piece of paper.

When Arfpaio tried to execute the pardon to both stop the sanctions, and clear his conviction, they said the pardon doesn't erase the record. "Scooter" Libby paid $259,000 in fines and did 400 hours of community service for his conviction when Bush commuted his 30 month sentence. The Trump pardon of Libby doesn't entitle him to get the $250,000 back, or undo his community service. Those parts of his record clearly remain despite a pardon.

Damn, talk about a Johnny come lately. See post 56.

You should read your links before you post them.

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

Actually, accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.

You don't have an option to accept or reject a pardon, Arpaio didn't ask for it, Trump just issued it. Personally, as I said at the time, I think Trump was a little hasty, he should have waited on the appeals.

LOL

You nutters are a fucking riot, I tell ya. :lmao:

I see you're powerless to actually address what I said, sad.

Well, he did address it clearly and succinctly.

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

A pardon does not "clear the record". It never has.

A pardon negates the punishment for a crime. It does not make the crime disappear.

Wrong again. A pardon removes any mention of the crime from you record, just as a not guilty verdict does.

Did fox tell you that? They lied to you again.

More bullshit.

:lol:

No, you're wrong, again.

Accepting a pardon is equivalent to an admission of guilt, as ruled by the Supreme Court in 1915.

Burdick v. United States, 236 US 79 - Supreme Court 1915 - Google Scholar

Interesting. Thanks.

LOL

Nah, my post summed it up quite well. You’re an imbecile for claiming people have no choice but to accept a pardon. Who do you think is here who didn’t get that from my post besides you??

1233796371590.gif

I will say this...if the legal side of the liberal swamp wants to go after a retired respected Sheriff and hound him and his wife to their graves they do it at their own demise...This is the kind of political double jeopardy the people voted against when they voted for Trump....

A perfect issue for Trump to use at his re election rallies!!!!!!! he can even bring Sheriff Joe on stage with him....Thanks 9th...buuuuuahahahahahahaha!

:rofl:

LOL

Nah, my post summed it up quite well. You’re an imbecile for claiming people have no choice but to accept a pardon. Who do you think is here who didn’t get that from my post besides you??

1233796371590.gif

Actually I was incorrect which I admitted, which makes me a much better man than you.

A pardon does not "clear the record". It never has.

A pardon negates the punishment for a crime. It does not make the crime disappear.

Wrong again. A pardon removes any mention of the crime from you record, just as a not guilty verdict does.

No - it does not

Forum List

Back