Psychotic 9TH Circuit Court Appoints Special Prosecutor To Override Trump's Pardon Of Sheriff Arpaio

You should read your links before you post them.

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

A pardon clears the record for that offense, do you really want to go down the road where a court can rule other wise. I can think of a hand full of pardons made by Brown recently to prevent the deportation of illegals the DOJ might want to revisit.

A pardon does not "clear the record". It never has.

A pardon negates the punishment for a crime. It does not make the crime disappear.

A pardon negates the punishment for a crime. It does not make the crime disappear.

Wrong again. A pardon removes any mention of the crime from you record, just as a not guilty verdict does.

They can't stand it so much that they're going to attempt to neutralize Trump's executive authority to pardon people.

9th Circuit appoints special prosecutor against Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Really the system of presidential pardon is looking increasingly shaky as the Presidency is reduced in stature.

There should be a bi-partisan committee to decide, not one individual.
Pass a Constitutional amendment. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're stuck with it.

Wrong again. A pardon removes any mention of the crime from you record, just as a not guilty verdict does.

:lol:

No, it doesn't.

While a presidential pardon will restore various rights lost as a result of the pardoned offense and should lessen to some extent the stigma arising from a conviction, it will not erase or expunge the record of your conviction. Therefore, even if you are granted a pardon, you must still disclose your conviction on any form where such information is required, although you may also disclose the fact that you received a pardon. In addition, most civil disabilities attendant upon a federal felony conviction, such as loss of the right to vote and hold state public office, are imposed by state rather than federal law, and also may be removed by state action. Because the federal pardon process is exacting and may be more time-consuming than analogous state procedures, you may wish to consult with the appropriate authorities in the state of your residence regarding the procedures for restoring your state civil rights.

Pardon Information and Instructions | PARDON | Department of Justice

I will say this...if the legal side of the liberal swamp wants to go after a retired respected Sheriff and hound him and his wife to their graves they do it at their own demise...This is the kind of political double jeopardy the people voted against when they voted for Trump....

A perfect issue for Trump to use at his re election rallies!!!!!!! he can even bring Sheriff Joe on stage with him....Thanks 9th...buuuuuahahahahahahaha!

Hillary is respected too....
She's respected only by vermin.

Great then bye bye to those illegals, they are still convicted felons and should be deported.

I will say this...if the legal side of the liberal swamp wants to go after a retired respected Sheriff and hound him and his wife to their graves they do it at their own demise...This is the kind of political double jeopardy the people voted against when they voted for Trump....

A perfect issue for Trump to use at his re election rallies!!!!!!! he can even bring Sheriff Joe on stage with him....Thanks 9th...buuuuuahahahahahahaha!

Hillary is respected too....
She's respected only by vermin.

Any admission that you were wrong about a pardon expunging your record?

Great then bye bye to those illegals, they are still convicted felons and should be deported.

No....not how it works.

Actually, accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt.

More bullshit.

:lol:

No, you're wrong, again.

Accepting a pardon is equivalent to an admission of guilt, as ruled by the Supreme Court in 1915.

Burdick v. United States, 236 US 79 - Supreme Court 1915 - Google Scholar

You don't have an option to accept or reject a pardon, Arpaio didn't ask for it, Trump just issued it. Personally, as I said at the time, I think Trump was a little hasty, he should have waited on the appeals.

More bullshit.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Forum List

Back