PSA re Vets

snjmom

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
st louis mo
I know this is the politics discussion forum, but I have to ask the boards indulgence to let me pimp my friends new cause. Here in St. Louis, in 30 days, via social media we organized the first official Welcome Home Parade for the Iraq and Afghan Vets. We are trying to spread it around the country via the power of the internet. If you are on facebook, or Google+, twitter or just want to be involved, I can tell you it was one of the most moving things I have ever participated in, barring the delivery of my children and the death of my husband. We currently have an additional 8 cities on board. Thanks.

News link

Welcome-Home-the-Heroes-parade-organizers-challenge-other-cities

Web site.
www.americaforvets.org/

Facebook page
americaforvets

WelcomeHome_1743n.png

Eagle2.jpg

A worthy cause. I also hope to see a MAJOR ticker-tape parade in New York after our men and women return from Afghanistan.

Apparently, Bloomberg was bitching about costs but we are working the donors. If you are in the area, contact our guys, they know how to start a fire.

A worthy cause. I also hope to see a MAJOR ticker-tape parade in New York after our men and women return from Afghanistan.

The Parasite Bloomberg has ruled it out.

Did you leave anything out - like maybe the following...

NEW YORK – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there will be no city parade for Iraq War veterans in the foreseeable future because of objections voiced by military officials.

The mayor said on his Friday appearance on WOR Radio officials in Washington "think a parade would be premature while we still have so many troops in harm's way around the world."

Bloomberg says Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin Dempsey and other Army officials "made it clear" to the city "they do not think a parade is appropriate now."

A Pentagon spokesman in December said the nation's largest city had yet to make a formal proposal for a parade. He said officials were grateful communities were finding ways to recognize the sacrifices of troops and their families.

New York City Mayor Bloomberg Says No Parade For Iraq Vets | Fox News

NEW YORK – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg says there will be no city parade for Iraq War veterans in the foreseeable future because of objections voiced by military officials.

The mayor said on his Friday appearance on WOR Radio officials in Washington "think a parade would be premature while we still have so many troops in harm's way around the world."

Bloomberg says Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin Dempsey and other Army officials "made it clear" to the city "they do not think a parade is appropriate now."

A Pentagon spokesman in December said the nation's largest city had yet to make a formal proposal for a parade. He said officials were grateful communities were finding ways to recognize the sacrifices of troops and their families.

Oops. :disbelief: :dunno:

Oops. :disbelief: :dunno:

Yep, a possible 'negable' oops.

Forum List

Back