PS4 coming soon

The price wont drop in a year. They are not making much per console as it is. More games yea but cheaper? No

I'll take that bet. In November of 2014 we'll revisit and if you're right, i'll put you as the smartest gamer on USMB in my sig line for a month. If the price decreases, you have to put that Lincoln is a tyrant in your sig for a month.

The only way they drop price is if they change hardware.... They dont do that for at least 2 years if history is a indicator. But I will take that bet LOL Sales dont count though just because someone has a huge inventory doesn't reflect actually price of the console just what that person is willing to sell it for to free up space.

Right. We'll go on the average console price for the time. Not the retailer with the lowest price. Currently they are to retail at $399, yes?

I'll take that bet. In November of 2014 we'll revisit and if you're right, i'll put you as the smartest gamer on USMB in my sig line for a month. If the price decreases, you have to put that Lincoln is a tyrant in your sig for a month.

The only way they drop price is if they change hardware.... They dont do that for at least 2 years if history is a indicator. But I will take that bet LOL Sales dont count though just because someone has a huge inventory doesn't reflect actually price of the console just what that person is willing to sell it for to free up space.

Right. We'll go on the average console price for the time. Not the retailer with the lowest price. Currently they are to retail at $399, yes?

Yep

I have the X1 & 6 games paid off already. I sold my PS3 after beating The Last Of Us. Was gonna buy a ps4 at launch but canceled that idea when it was announced that you have to pay to play online. I already pay for live so I'm not gonna pay for two online services when most of the online games are cross platform.

Maybe when some good single player games I will buy one.

I have the X1 & 6 games paid off already. I sold my PS3 after beating The Last Of Us. Was gonna buy a ps4 at launch but canceled that idea when it was announced that you have to pay to play online. I already pay for live so I'm not gonna pay for two online services when most of the online games are cross platform.

So you picked the console with less power and higher price tag because of s 50 dollar a year membership even though you get more then Microsoft gives with theirs?

tapatalk post

So you picked the console with less power and higher price tag because of s 50 dollar a year membership even though you get more then Microsoft gives with theirs?

tapatalk post

Lol no

I picked the x1 because it actually has launch games worthy of a purchase. And specs (power) don't mean shit to me. I'm a gamer not a technical geek.

tapatalk post

Lol no

I picked the x1 because it actually has launch games worthy of a purchase. And specs (power) don't mean shit to me. I'm a gamer not a technical geek.

Well to each their own because I am having a ball with my PlayStation 4 right now lol by the way if you like them assassins creed 4 is really good so far

tapatalk post

That's good, because there is remarkably little content worth pursuing in the PS4 for the current price tag. In a year, there will be more content and the price will decrease. Games will continue to be released on ps3 for at least another year before it goes the way of ps2.

And yes, of course you can keep both systems. I just see no point in having a ps4 when it doesn't offer anything new or rewarding for getting one.

PS2? I've never used a PS1! Someone should donate their old system to me so I finally use one of these consoles lol.

That's good, because there is remarkably little content worth pursuing in the PS4 for the current price tag. In a year, there will be more content and the price will decrease. Games will continue to be released on ps3 for at least another year before it goes the way of ps2.

And yes, of course you can keep both systems. I just see no point in having a ps4 when it doesn't offer anything new or rewarding for getting one.

PS2? I've never used a PS1! Someone should donate their old system to me so I finally use one of these consoles lol.

You can get one for about 50 bucks on Craigslist

I almost considered the PS4 when all the ridiculous rumors were going around about the Xbox One, but I fucking HATE the Playstation controller.

I'm going to wait until Elder Scrolls Online to buy any next gen system anyway - everything else I care about in the short term is coming out for the 360 as well.

How is the multiplayer in that? I am looking forward to the single player but have my doubts about the other.

I will tell you when I use it lol I haven't tried yet.

tapatalk post

Ahh. Well I've been busy with work this week so not being able to play at launch didn't affect me. I'll be playing Ryse and Forza in a day or so. Friday mornings were perfect launch days.

Bet Buy is offering at least $100 if you trade in your old shit.

Not necessarily a bad move on their part. Most people don't have multiple XBox 360's laying around. Since the XBox One is not backward compatible, trading in the 360 means you won't have a platform to play older games in your Library anymore. That could lead to more sales of One games.

I don't see that as a "kindness of the heart" approach, I see it as a longer term strategy to get more game disk sales. Long term the money is in the "consumable" component, not necessarily in the front end hardware.

I used to work for Canon on the manufacturing side of the house. Prices fell on printers because the real long term money wasn't in the hardware, it was selling you the ink/toner cartridges afterward.

>>>>

Forum List

Back