PS4 coming soon

How much is this going to cost?

The ps3 games aren't compatable with the new system. it'll be worth procurring in a year when there is a significant amount of content. As of now, I'll stick to my PS3. As the PS4 doesn't offer anything new, only an upgraded experience.

Your choice. I want the new one and lets face it it isnt like I have to trow out my PS3 after I buy this LOL I have to many games I still like playing.

The ps3 games aren't compatable with the new system. it'll be worth procurring in a year when there is a significant amount of content. As of now, I'll stick to my PS3. As the PS4 doesn't offer anything new, only an upgraded experience.

The old games don't work? shit.:mad:

They both stopped doing backwards compatibility when they found out it cost to much in hardware. Besides Like I said who throws out their old gen system when they get a new one? Hell I still have a ps2 and ps1

My biggest problem with it is it doesn't offer much new compared to the PS3 and the PS3 games don't even work on the PS4. To me, that is a major rip off. So yeah, maybe down the road when they have a bunch of new games and the price drops some but right now I don't see the need to buy it. And yep, I have my PS2 that plays both PS2 and PS1 as well. I just hope once they make the PS4, they still make games for the PS3.

Last edited:
My biggest problem with it is it doesn't offer much new compared to the PS3 and the PS3 games don't even work on the PS4. To me, that is a major rip off. So yeah, maybe down the road when they have a bunch of new games and the price drops some but right now I don't see the need to buy it.

actually it offers a lot compared to the PS3 and the price will not drop for awhile yet. I admit many of the games I am excited for wont come out for months to come but it is a personal choice for me to buy it. This will be the first time I ever bought a console at launch. If it wasn't for the ability of being able to pay for it over several months I wouldn't have this time ether.

Your choice. I want the new one and lets face it it isnt like I have to trow out my PS3 after I buy this LOL I have to many games I still like playing.

That's good, because there is remarkably little content worth pursuing in the PS4 for the current price tag. In a year, there will be more content and the price will decrease. Games will continue to be released on ps3 for at least another year before it goes the way of ps2.

And yes, of course you can keep both systems. I just see no point in having a ps4 when it doesn't offer anything new or rewarding for getting one.

That's good, because there is remarkably little content worth pursuing in the PS4 for the current price tag. In a year, there will be more content and the price will decrease. Games will continue to be released on ps3 for at least another year before it goes the way of ps2.

And yes, of course you can keep both systems. I just see no point in having a ps4 when it doesn't offer anything new or rewarding for getting one.

The price wont drop in a year. They are not making much per console as it is. More games yea but cheaper? No

They both stopped doing backwards compatibility when they found out it cost to much in hardware. Besides Like I said who throws out their old gen system when they get a new one? Hell I still have a ps2 and ps1

What it comes down to, is that in order to make the ps3 games compatable, they would need to insert outdated hardware in conjunction with the brand new hardware. This, as xbox showed from its original launch, leads to severe hardware malfunctions. The ps3 and the ps4 will be written, coded and process executed on an entirely new engine. Backwards compatability simply hinders hardware. Think of it as putting the carberator from 1989 diesel engine, on a 2013 sport car. It doesn't quite work out. It will be done in the form of emulation later on with older games.

The price wont drop in a year. They are not making much per console as it is. More games yea but cheaper? No

I'll take that bet. In November of 2014 we'll revisit and if you're right, i'll put you as the smartest gamer on USMB in my sig line for a month. If the price decreases, you have to put that Lincoln is a tyrant in your sig for a month.

What it comes down to, is that in order to make the ps3 games compatable, they would need to insert outdated hardware in conjunction with the brand new hardware. This, as xbox showed from its original launch, leads to severe hardware malfunctions. The ps3 and the ps4 will be written, coded and process executed on an entirely new engine. Backwards compatability simply hinders hardware. Think of it as putting the carberator from 1989 diesel engine, on a 2013 sport car. It doesn't quite work out. It will be done in the form of emulation later on with older games.
Emulation is pretty good on the PS3 I cant see them screwing that up much this gen.

Nope. Emulation works good and that is how they will get ps3 titles on ps4. it's just gonna be a while before it happens.

I'll take that bet. In November of 2014 we'll revisit and if you're right, i'll put you as the smartest gamer on USMB in my sig line for a month. If the price decreases, you have to put that Lincoln is a tyrant in your sig for a month.

The only way they drop price is if they change hardware.... They dont do that for at least 2 years if history is a indicator. But I will take that bet LOL Sales dont count though just because someone has a huge inventory doesn't reflect actually price of the console just what that person is willing to sell it for to free up space.

Forum List

Back