Protesters at ICE facility nearly get run over

Truck tries to drive into group of Jewish protesters outside ICE detention center

So these morons think they can block public streets and the entry to a government facility.

Why weren’t the cops there to remove these idiots?

Hopefully they will be arrested and learn that “peaceful protesting” does not include blocking cars.

It's okay for Hong Kong folks to block traffic, just not people protesting ICE/immigration, right?

I don't know why people protest ICE. They do their jobs, put up with a lot of shit, don't try to hurt anybody. They are DOING THEIR JOB. But people have a right to PEACEFULLY protest -- which this group was doing. Says so right there. Yet they're morons, according to you.

AND NO IT IS NOT OKAY TO RUN THEM OVER.

Yes it is ok. What are you a lemming? You think you can just sit in my drive way, and block me from getting to work, because you think you have a right to protest? No. You can protest all you want, on the sidewalk, and out of the way.

You would never put up with that, if it was happening to you. If I was blocking you from getting to work, and you were going to get fired, and have the house foreclosed, and the car repo'd, and your kids and wife would be homeless and starving.... You would be absolutely ready to destroy me.

AND RIGHTLY SO.

GET OUT OF THE WAY. Protest all you want, OUT OF MY WAY.

If I was blocking you from getting to work, and you were going to get fired, and have the house foreclosed, and the car repo'd, and your kids and wife would be homeless and starving..
LOL Where are the violins? :boohoo:

Don't talk like a nutcase. The supervisor knew exactly what was happening outside and no one would have even been docked. Honestly.
People have the right to protest; they weren't there for days. They inconvenienced folks for a few hours, made their point, got run over and went home.

You know, there are actual anarchist groups out there and if you ask me they are up to no good. Calling everyone an anarchist is not a safe path here. It will mean as much as "Nazi" and "Commie" now that it has been overused so much by a bunch of idiots. But they are here and they are a threat. So be careful.

Morning OldLady... :hhello: Using monikers such as anarchist and RACIST is definitely not a safe path... Not accusing you of using these titles... Abusing descriptive names inaccurately for political reasons is not a safe path to follow...

The pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong just shut down the airport for two days. All flights in and out for two days. Tourists, businessmen, you name it.
I did not read one single thread--not even a single post--complaining about those protesters. Yet oh my. Delay a few ICE workers getting into their parking lot and IT IS WORTHY OF A THREAD!
It all depends on what they're protesting, and don't try to pretend it isn't.

1. Hong Kong - Not our country, not our Constitution. That's why.

2. Laws are suppose to be applied equally, so don't pretend they're not suppose to be.

3. Were there other ways to handle it? Well I suppose they could have stopped and politely asked the protesters to move - but they're as stubborn as the protesters blocking the entrance.

4. You haven't answered the question ma'am.
Hong Kong - Not our country, not our Constitution. That's why.
I definitely don't believe that. Maybe that's why you're not interested, but I heard posters here even saying they'd like the Hong Kong protesters to come here and we'll send them our commies. They think those Hong Kong protesters are the BEST. They stopped over 200 flights from taking off and landing.

You mean the question about the abortion clinic? Protesters have done it many times. They have harassed patients so badly they wouldn't go through the gauntlet, too. I think once some of them even got shot. Blown up. Yeah, those abortion protesters are well behaved, too.

Truck tries to drive into group of Jewish protesters outside ICE detention center

So these morons think they can block public streets and the entry to a government facility.

Hopefully they will be arrested and learn that “peaceful protesting” does not include blocking cars.

It's okay for Hong Kong folks to block traffic, just not people protesting ICE/immigration, right?

I don't know why people protest ICE. They do their jobs, put up with a lot of shit, don't try to hurt anybody. They are DOING THEIR JOB. But people have a right to PEACEFULLY protest -- which this group was doing. Says so right there. Yet they're morons, according to you.

When did peaceful encompass illegal restraint?

They are NOT permitted to stop a citizen going about his or her lawful business.

You know, there are actual anarchist groups out there and if you ask me they are up to no good. Calling everyone an anarchist is not a safe path here. It will mean as much as "Nazi" and "Commie" now that it has been overused so much by a bunch of idiots. But they are here and they are a threat. So be careful.

Morning OldLady... :hhello: Using monikers such as anarchist and RACIST is definitely not a safe path... Not accusing you of using these titles... Abusing descriptive names inaccurately for political reasons is not a safe path to follow...
Let's keep it to the OP topic for once, shall we?

The pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong just shut down the airport for two days. All flights in and out for two days. Tourists, businessmen, you name it.
I did not read one single thread--not even a single post--complaining about those protesters. Yet oh my. Delay a few ICE workers getting into their parking lot and IT IS WORTHY OF A THREAD!
Only an absolute moron would try and compare the Communist Chinese military crack down on Hong Kong
to a bunch of Jews blocking access to an ICE facility in Rhode Island.

I can hardly believe someone would be so stupid to compare the two situations. It's mind boggling!

I definitely don't believe that. Maybe that's why you're not interested, but I heard posters here even saying they'd like the Hong Kong protesters to come here and we'll send them our commies. They think those Hong Kong protesters are the BEST. They stopped over 200 flights from taking off and landing.

You mean the question about the abortion clinic? Protesters have done it many times. They have harassed patients so badly they wouldn't go through the gauntlet, too. I think once some of them even got shot. Blown up. Yeah, those abortion protesters are well behaved, too.

Yes, you are correct, they have. I do not support their behavior and criminal activity anymore than I would support anyone breaking the law. I realize the protesters at the ICE facility were making a statement, but don't anger the public you are trying to influence with your protest. I don't disagree with what they're doing, just what they are doing during their assembly.

As to the Hong Kong protesters. If they tried that here in the US, what would be the government's response?

:hhello:

Let's keep it to the OP topic for once, shall we?

If you insist...

I'm right... You are wrong...

tumblr_m432fyiv6l1qbgyx2o1_500.gif

Yes, you are correct, they have. I do not support their behavior and criminal activity anymore than I would support anyone breaking the law. I realize the protesters at the ICE facility were making a statement, but don't anger the public you are trying to influence with your protest. I don't disagree with what they're doing, just what they are doing during their assembly.

As to the Hong Kong protesters. If they tried that here in the US, what would be the government's response?
Would we be as generous as China? I've been holding my breath for weeks about the Hong Kong thing, remembering tiananmen square. Fortunately, I think China remembers it, too, and would like to be seen as more reasonable these days.
Glad you agree that the protesters didn't deserve getting hit by a truck.

Only an absolute moron would try and compare the Communist Chinese military crack down on Hong Kong
to a bunch of Jews blocking access to an ICE facility in Rhode Island.

I can hardly believe someone would be so stupid to compare the two situations. It's mind boggling!
I was comparing the reaction of the USMB posters to the Hong Kong protesters versus the Jewish protesters complaining about your sacred cow, ICE.
You think I'm the moron? Yeah, you might.

I was comparing the reaction of the USMB posters to the Hong Kong protesters versus the Jewish protesters complaining about your sacred cow, ICE.
You think I'm the moron? Yeah, you might.
I read your post. I understand what you did.
Any comparison is pointless because the two issues and situations are so disparate. You've made a distinction without a difference because the two things compared are so wildly different. It's still moronic.

Last edited:

So we could do the same with an abortion clinic, or planned parenthood?

It's funny how these folks that adamantly support the second amendment don't give a shit about the first, isn't it?

Hypocrites.

You have the right to protest, but you don't have the right to block a road so nobody can get through. Then you start infringing on my my rights.

So we could do the same with an abortion clinic, or planned parenthood?

Already asked and answered.

It's funny how these folks that adamantly support the second amendment don't give a shit about the first, isn't it?

Hypocrites.

You have the right to protest, but you don't have the right to block a road so nobody can get through. Then you start infringing on my my rights.

Yeah, and it infringes on my rights when I walk into Walmart and get shot dead because you folks won't give up rifles designed for the military. So fuckin' live with it, I guess.

Yeah, and it infringes on my rights when I walk into Walmart and get shot dead because you folks won't give up rifles designed for the military. So fuckin' live with it, I guess.
Not so easy to stop someone from walking into a Wal Mart with a weapon (maybe people will start to be stationed outside the stores from now on).
Very very easy to stop protestors from blocking public roads and access ways. So live with that.

Forum List

Back