Protesters at ICE facility nearly get run over

Truck tries to drive into group of Jewish protesters outside ICE detention center

So these morons think they can block public streets and the entry to a government facility.

Why weren’t the cops there to remove these idiots?

Hopefully they will be arrested and learn that “peaceful protesting” does not include blocking cars.

It's okay for Hong Kong folks to block traffic, just not people protesting ICE/immigration, right?

I don't know why people protest ICE. They do their jobs, put up with a lot of shit, don't try to hurt anybody. They are DOING THEIR JOB. But people have a right to PEACEFULLY protest -- which this group was doing. Says so right there. Yet they're morons, according to you.

AND NO IT IS NOT OKAY TO RUN THEM OVER.

The best part is where they get pepper sprayed.

:flameth::safetocomeoutff:

Next time use the guns.
:Boom2::gay:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Amendment_1.jpg

Truck tries to drive into group of Jewish protesters outside ICE detention center

So these morons think they can block public streets and the entry to a government facility.

Hopefully they will be arrested and learn that “peaceful protesting” does not include blocking cars.

It's okay for Hong Kong folks to block traffic, just not people protesting ICE/immigration, right?

I don't know why people protest ICE. They do their jobs, put up with a lot of shit, don't try to hurt anybody. They are DOING THEIR JOB. But people have a right to PEACEFULLY protest -- which this group was doing. Says so right there. Yet they're morons, according to you.

It's funny how these folks that adamantly support the second amendment don't give a shit about the first, isn't it?

Hypocrites.

Hong Kong people don’t have a right to protest anywhere, so nice try on that comparison.

These people are protesting law enforcement because they are anarchists. Funny that they would cry about someone running them over if they are against law enforcement.

It's funny how these folks that adamantly support the second amendment don't give a shit about the first, isn't it?

Hypocrites.

Oh, they care about it, alright (I'm on the wrong side about both). It is perfectly okay to speak or to protest, as long as they agree with you.

A peaceful and lawful protest does not break the law, like unlawfully preventing entry to an ICE facility and blocking public access. It's not a complex concept....you are not peaceful if you deny access to public roads and places.

Just tell me which part confuses you.

Hypocrites.

The First Amendment doesn’t give the right to riot or block traffic. They can peacefully protest on the sidewalk down the street.

Of course no one would pay attention to them if they did that so they have to forcefully prevent people from going to work.

Hong Kong people don’t have a right to protest anywhere, so nice try on that comparison.

These people are protesting law enforcement because they are anarchists. Funny that they would cry about someone running them over if they are against law enforcement.

Are they? Where did you hear they were anarchists?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Breaking laws, blocking public assess. That is not "peaceably" assembling.
It may not be violent but it is certainly not legal or peaceable. How bright are you, anyway?

They are protesting law enforcement, what else could they be?

Hypocrites.

The First Amendment doesn’t give the right to riot or block traffic. They can peacefully protest on the sidewalk down the street.

Of course no one would pay attention to them if they did that so they have to forcefully prevent people from going to work.

Of course no one would pay attention to them if they did that
Yes. If you're going to go to all the trouble of organizing a big protest, the least you can hope for is an audience.
They were kind of cheeky, expecting to "shut down" a federal law enforcement agency's office.

OldLady, if you consider it a peaceful protest when they're blocking access to the facility, then would it not also be a peaceful protest for pro-life protesters to block entry to a Planned Parenthood facility?

I support the right to peaceful assembly, which means no breaking any laws.

They are protesting law enforcement, what else could they be?

You know, there are actual anarchist groups out there and if you ask me they are up to no good. Calling everyone an anarchist is not a safe path here. It will mean as much as "Nazi" and "Commie" now that it has been overused so much by a bunch of idiots. But they are here and they are a threat. So be careful.

OldLady, if you consider it a peaceful protest when they're blocking access to the facility, then would it not also be a peaceful protest for pro-life protesters to block entry to a Planned Parenthood facility?

I support the right to peaceful assembly, which means no breaking any laws.
The pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong just shut down the airport for two days. All flights in and out for two days. Tourists, businessmen, you name it.
I did not read one single thread--not even a single post--complaining about those protesters. Yet oh my. Delay a few ICE workers getting into their parking lot and IT IS WORTHY OF A THREAD!
It all depends on what they're protesting, and don't try to pretend it isn't.

Yes it is ok. What are you a lemming? You think you can just sit in my drive way, and block me from getting to work, because you think you have a right to protest? No. You can protest all you want, on the sidewalk, and out of the way.

You would never put up with that, if it was happening to you. If I was blocking you from getting to work, and you were going to get fired, and have the house foreclosed, and the car repo'd, and your kids and wife would be homeless and starving.... You would be absolutely ready to destroy me.

AND RIGHTLY SO.

GET OUT OF THE WAY. Protest all you want, OUT OF MY WAY.

The pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong just shut down the airport for two days. All flights in and out for two days. Tourists, businessmen, you name it.
I did not read one single thread--not even a single post--complaining about those protesters. Yet oh my. Delay a few ICE workers getting into their parking lot and IT IS WORTHY OF A THREAD!
It all depends on what they're protesting, and don't try to pretend it isn't.

1. Hong Kong - Not our country, not our Constitution. That's why.

2. Laws are suppose to be applied equally, so don't pretend they're not suppose to be.

3. Were there other ways to handle it? Well I suppose they could have stopped and politely asked the protesters to move - but they're as stubborn as the protesters blocking the entrance.

4. You haven't answered the question ma'am.

Forum List

Back