Proposed Constitutional Amendments at the Convention of States (Poll)

Of the 6 proposed Amendments for the Convention of States, which would you approve?

• 1) Approve

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • 2) Approve

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 3) Approve

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • 4) Approve

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 5) Approve

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • 6) Approve

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Vote NO on all (6) proposed Amendments

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Murica had a robust military before the income tax.... Fought wars, built roads, and educated children too.

Are you just adding both Civil War military strengths together? ... road building and education is usually a State responsibility, and each of th3ese States have their own Constitution that states how they raise revenue ... the 16th Amendment applies to Congress, and Federal income taxes ... how can you read the text and not understand this? ...

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Are you just adding both Civil War military strengths together? ... road building and education is usually a State responsibility, and each of th3ese States have their own Constitution that states how they raise revenue ... the 16th Amendment applies to Congress, and Federal income taxes ... how can you read the text and not understand this? ...

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

I know the history of the fraudulent 16th Amendment, Corky...And I'm certainly not going to link to Wiki to try and pass that off as any authority on the matter.

You're missing the conditional clause "whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary" ...

Whenever we have 2/3 the States demanding change, we'll find out what SCOTUS thinks ... either way, we still need 3/4's the States to approve ... so we're really in a far-fetched situation where 3/4's of the States approve, but can only 2/3's to request ...
Well, the conditional is “or”. Whenever 2/3 of both houses deem it necessary OR upon application of the states…

If the states want an article 5 convention, I don’t think congress can stop it. The states apply and congress must seat the convention.

I know the history of the fraudulent 16th Amendment, Corky...And I'm certainly not going to link to Wiki to try and pass that off as any authority on the matter.

So, Bubba can't read? ... please tell us tell us the history ...

Only the parts of the Constitution you believe in are legitimate eh? ... the rest are fraudulent clauses ... don't need to finish Middle School to know that ...

Well, the conditional is “or”. Whenever 2/3 of both houses deem it necessary OR upon application of the states…

If the states want an article 5 convention, I don’t think congress can stop it. The states apply and congress must seat the convention.

We'll see what SCOTUS says once a case materializes ... it's 3/4's to ratify ...

The "convention of states"? What the hell is that?
Its where the States hold a convention to vote on Amendments to the US Constitution. It takes 38 states to agree on any amendment to make it part of the Constitution. The USSC, the President, and Congress has no say as to what they pass. It's Constitutional, period.

Go back to the OP and read the proposed Amendments.

Forum List

Back