pro-life people, is abortion okay here?

Every time I have mentioned God in this discussion it is to point out that you are the one who keeps bringing Him up. Until you can point to some evidence that I am using God to defend my position you have no chance of convincing anyone that you can even read.

I have never said that you used God to justify your opposition to abortion. I have said that you have completely failed to provide a non-religious justification to oppose abortion

I do not have to provide any justification for being against abortion until I state my position is against abortion.

You don't "have to" do anything. However, reasonable people are willing to support their claims with evidence

You claimed tht there is a non-religious justification for opposing abortion. Too bad you don't have the courage to defend your claim by posting one.

Your opinion on what "a life" is has no bearing on the law.

And your "convictions" have no basis in fact. If a fertilized egg, which isn't even a fetus yet, has rights, then mothers could be prosecuted for smoking, drinking alcohol, or doing anything that could harm the fetus.

A fetus has no rights, which is why you can't post anything in the law that says a fetus has rights

They in fact can be prosecuted in many states

Laws Against Pregnant Mothers Smoking, Using Drugs by Joel Hendon

in fact FIFTEEN states consider it to be child abuse

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_SADP.pdf

Wrong. Even your link contradicts what you said

No state specifically criminalizes drug use during pregnancy

The state of Florida will specifically take your baby away if you consistently test positive while pregnant !

I am reposting QW's post with the part where he claims censorship bolded

For the record, I have done nothing to stop anyone from expressing their opinion

Nice try.

mock.gif

You are not allowing your opponents the same options because you are insisting that the only possible justification for thir position is religion, and you are further insisting that they cannot be anti abortion and recognize it is sometimes medically justified.

Really? I'm "not allowing"???

Are you really so deluded you think I can stop anyone from posting whatever they want?

That's inane and insane!!:cuckoo:

You are lying. Please tell us where I said " the pro abortion side is wonderful because they can recognize nuances and have different opinions" OR " the anti abortion side is anything but partisan hacks, insist that they just parrot talking points, and are generally incapable of thinking"

Liar. Once again, you will go running away from your own words, and say "I never said that"

I see. You're saying it's wrong for me to have an opinion on their motives, but it's OK for you to have an opinion on other peoples' motives:cuckoo:

If you were capable of intelligent thought you would know that, and understand the differences. As you are actually incapable of thought, cannot recognize facts when they are right in front of you, and have blind faith that you are the only one who is right, you are doing exactly what I said. You are denying that your opponents are capable fo thinking for themselves, even when they agree that abortion is sometimes justified.
More lies. Please show us where I was "denying that your opponents are capable fo thinking for themselves"

And maybe someday you'll get around to posting that mythical non-religious justification for opposing abortion

And you think they are hypocrites. :cuckoo:
They are hypocrits

mock.gif

You really do have a problem with comprehending English, don't you?

:eusa_liar:

I don't have to post a justification for being anti abortion, because I have not said I am anti abortion.:cuckoo:

I never said anything about whether or not you are anti-choice. You said that there's a non-religious justification for opposing abortion.

But there isn't. That's why you refuse to post one.

mock.gif

Still can't find that mythical non-religious justification for being anti-choice, I see

Maybe if you post a pic a few dozen times, people will forget your failure to defend your own claims

I have never said that you used God to justify your opposition to abortion. I have said that you have completely failed to provide a non-religious justification to oppose abortion

I do not have to provide any justification for being against abortion until I state my position is against abortion.

You don't "have to" do anything. However, reasonable people are willing to support their claims with evidence

You claimed that there is a non-religious justification for opposing abortion. Too bad you don't have the courage to defend your claim by posting one.

So what your saying is unless you think it is a sin against god there is no justification to oppose it? You are out of your mind. I am not religious, I do not believe in god, But I find Abortion for any other reason than the most extreme to be a horrifying thing. I am not opposed to abortion being available, I am opposed to the way it is used, mostly as birth control after the fact by people who simply do not want to be bothered with a kid.

So how does that jive with your, there are no none religious arguments against Abortion theory.

You claimed tht there is a non-religious justification for opposing abortion. Too bad you don't have the courage to defend your claim by posting one.

mock.gif

The nutty thing here is that you claim atheists who oppose abortion do so on religious grounds. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

http://www.1stcoa.courts.state.tx.us/opinions/PDFOpinion.asp?OpinionId=86496

This opinion directly addresses the conviction of a person for killing an unborn child, and found that it is legal.

The man was not convicted of "killing a fetus". Your link agrees with me that "A jury found appellant, Joe Nathan Sanders, Jr., guilty of capital murder in the deaths of Angela Alex and her unborn child."

If the mother hadn't died, there wouldn't be a murder conviction

Murder is not an ideal exclusive to religion fool.

mock.gif

The nutty thing here is that you claim atheists who oppose abortion do so on religious grounds. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Isn't that weird..............

You claimed that there is a non-religious justification for opposing abortion. Too bad you don't have the courage to defend your claim by posting one.

So what your saying is unless you think it is a sin against god there is no justification to oppose it?

Yes, there is not non-religious justification for opposing abortion.

You are out of your mind. I am not religious, I do not believe in god, But I find Abortion for any other reason than the most extreme to be a horrifying thing. I am not opposed to abortion being available, I am opposed to the way it is used, mostly as birth control after the fact by people who simply do not want to be bothered with a kid.

And you haven't posted any non-religious justification for opposing abortion. All you do is state your OPINION that abortion is "a horrifying thing" with nothing to justify your position.

And ALL abortions are birth control, moron

So how does that jive with your, there are no none religious arguments against Abortion theory.

Simple. Like all the other atheist anti-choice morons, you have completely failed to provide a justification for your opinion. All you did was state your opinion. You did nothing to back it up.

Nice try.

You are not allowing your opponents the same options because you are insisting that the only possible justification for thir position is religion, and you are further insisting that they cannot be anti abortion and recognize it is sometimes medically justified.

Really? I'm "not allowing"???

Are you really so deluded you think I can stop anyone from posting whatever they want?

That's inane and insane!!:cuckoo:

You are lying. Please tell us where I said " the pro abortion side is wonderful because they can recognize nuances and have different opinions" OR " the anti abortion side is anything but partisan hacks, insist that they just parrot talking points, and are generally incapable of thinking"

Liar. Once again, you will go running away from your own words, and say "I never said that"

I see. You're saying it's wrong for me to have an opinion on their motives, but it's OK for you to have an opinion on other peoples' motives:cuckoo:

More lies. Please show us where I was "denying that your opponents are capable fo thinking for themselves"

And maybe someday you'll get around to posting that mythical non-religious justification for opposing abortion

And you think they are hypocrites. :cuckoo:
They are hypocrits

You really do have a problem with comprehending English, don't you?

You really do have a problem defending your own claim, don't you?

I still don't see any non-religious justification for opposing abortion. All I see are claims that it exists.

So what your saying is unless you think it is a sin against god there is no justification to oppose it?

You are out of your mind. I am not religious, I do not believe in god, But I find Abortion for any other reason than the most extreme to be a horrifying thing. I am not opposed to abortion being available, I am opposed to the way it is used, mostly as birth control after the fact by people who simply do not want to be bothered with a kid.

And you haven't posted any non-religious justification for opposing abortion. All you do is state your OPINION that abortion is "a horrifying thing" with nothing to justify your position.

Simple. Like all the other atheist anti-choice morons, you have completely failed to provide a justification for your opinion. All you did was state your opinion. You did nothing to back it up.

What are you babbling about? I don't need God to tell me that murdering someone is wrong.

Why would anyone have to "justify" his opinion? It's "his" opinion...nuff said.

The fact that you have to lie proves you've got no argument

Please show where I said "atheists who oppose abortion do so on religious grounds"

Or will you run away from your own claims again?

LOL - Dude that fucking moron has called my opinion a lie so many times I've lost count. Now how can a opinion be a lie? :lol:

Murder is not an ideal exclusive to religion fool.

And no one said it is

LOL - Dude that fucking moron has called my opinion a lie so many times I've lost count. Now how can a opinion be a lie? :lol:

No one "has to" justify their opinion. On USMB, cowards are free to run away from their claims when challenged.

So what your saying is unless you think it is a sin against god there is no justification to oppose it? You are out of your mind. I am not religious, I do not believe in god, But I find Abortion for any other reason than the most extreme to be a horrifying thing. I am not opposed to abortion being available, I am opposed to the way it is used, mostly as birth control after the fact by people who simply do not want to be bothered with a kid.

He is going to claim it is a religious argument because otherwise you would be for abortion.

this is how his mind works. He has decided that the only possible reason to oppose abortion is on religious grounds. This makes him feel superior to everyone who opposes abortion because they are all either religious nut cases, or idiots who have been deceived by religious nutcases. It will not matter what argument anyone uses, or who comes up with it, they are all based on religion, therefore he cannot loose. It is exactly the same mindset that religious nuts use to prove that the Earth is not billions of years old by using ever piece of evidence to prove their point. In other words, he is nothing more than a nutcase who ignores facts to insist that he is right. Which is why I put on my t-shirt when I speak to him.

He is going to claim it is a religious argument because otherwise you would be for abortion.

No moron. I am saying that Charles has provided no justification for his opinion. All he did was state his opinion.

If you could post a non-religious justification, I would not call it religious. But so far, no one has posted one. All I see is non-religious people (and others) claiming that such a justification exists.

Forum List

Back